CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How have we looked at the plate? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204413)

thatdude251 02-26-2014 06:38 PM

How have we looked at the plate?

I've only been keeping up with the games from a distance so far, and I'm trying to school up on the yardcocks before this weekend's series. While there's been tons of talk on our pitching, not so much on hitting. I see Bright has a hit streak going, and Martin is doing well also. What about the rest of the line-up?

ReadR00ster 02-26-2014 06:55 PM

Re: How have we looked at the plate?

Quote:

Originally Posted by thatdude251 (Post 4097667)
I've only been keeping up with the games from a distance so far, and I'm trying to school up on the yardcocks before this weekend's series. While there's been tons of talk on our pitching, not so much on hitting. I see Bright has a hit streak going, and Martin is doing well also. What about the rest of the line-up?

Overall, well. Shrock, Pankake and English look about as they have last year. Griener seems to be hitting a little better. Celek little better than last year. Mooney is struggling to get hits but he seems to be making contact. Arendas is not great at the plate but his defense is outstanding so he could get better in time a la Haney, Wingo, P. Mooney, Vergason. And as you said Bright is flat out raking (he is an outstanding contact hitter) and Martin has had a light bulb come on for him it seems.

Coulwoodwarlord 02-26-2014 07:06 PM

We looked average this last series, after curb stomping Bucknell. Holbrook seems to think we're a sleeping giant as far as offense goes. Hope he's right............

rosstheboss 02-26-2014 07:24 PM

I would say similar to last year. We seem to hit or try to hit more hr's than with tanner(since the bat change) which has been fine so far but against better pitching who knows. I love bright's approach as he usually seems to hit the ball hard somewhere. Also, keep in mind that Holbrook has been shuffling the lineup around and playing a lot of guys so once we get a lineup that we stick to it will be easier for our guys to settle in. This will be a big series obviously, and someone a la jake williams will hopefully step up and be a big bat in the lineup that we weren't really expecting.

Wardkd2012 02-27-2014 06:49 PM

We weren't very sharp at the plate last weekend, but like Holbrook eluded to, this is an offense that can get really hot and score a lot of runs. Watch out for Connor Bright. He's the most underrated hitter we have, but hes been tearing the cover off the baseball. Schrock, Pankake, Martin and Greiner are all guys that could potentially have double digit home run numbers.