CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Comedian Tim Wilson passes away. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204448)

Gamecocks1137 02-27-2014 06:47 PM

Comedian Tim Wilson passes away.

Not sure how many have heard of him, but he has frequented radio shows, and TV over the last 30 years. Bob & Tom show etc, saw him do stand up about 2 years ago. Passed away in Tennessee on Wednesday of an apparent heart attack.

Transmaniacon 02-27-2014 07:05 PM

Re: Comedian Tim Wilson passes away.

I saw him do a free show at Folly Beach back around 1998 at the Pelican. I didn't know anything about him, but a friend was opening for him so I stuck around. He was pretty funny but some old redneck kept heckling him until Wilson completely lost his shit and started to go after the guy. He was screaming "nobody dies for free!" Or something like that. His wife and baby were there, the baby is crying, while Wilson is flipping out like Goodman in Big Lebowski or something. He left shortly after his wife insisted. It was spectacular. That is literally all I know about the man.

cockinraleigh 02-27-2014 07:17 PM

Gamecocks1137 02-27-2014 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Transmaniacon (Post 4098802)
I saw him do a free show at Folly Beach back around 1998 at the Pelican. I didn't know anything about him, but a friend was opening for him so I stuck around. He was pretty funny but some old redneck kept heckling him until Wilson completely lost his shit and started to go after the guy. He was screaming "nobody dies for free!" Or something like that. His wife and baby were there, the baby is crying, while Wilson is flipping out like Goodman in Big Lebowski or something. He left shortly after his wife insisted. It was spectacular. That is literally all I know about the man.

:lol: That's a funny story, when I saw him there was also a heckler. About two years ago in Indianapolis, Indiana. Some lady in the audience, telling him he wasn't funny and her boyfriend was acting like a douche. They apparently had too much to drink, but they kept heckling him. He said if you don't like my show, then get out. They left, and as they were walking out, he looked directly at me in the front row and said, and I quote "I don't give a shit, I already got their money." and laughed. I had a good time, one of the funniest heckles I have ever seen.

Roosterdog 02-27-2014 10:13 PM

I can't believe this!!! Saw him at The Comedy House years ago. He was funny as hell. May he Rest In Peace.

bmccall 02-28-2014 12:15 AM

RIP Tim Wilson

rrsandersjr 02-28-2014 12:17 AM

He would make regular appearances on the Johnboy and Billy syndicated radio show. He went to PC on a football scholarship...very funny guy. RIP

Legalman72 02-28-2014 07:11 AM

Uncle BS was a classic recurring bit. Hate he's gone.

catdaddy66 02-28-2014 12:05 PM

Hate to hear this. Tim consistently made me chuckle and occassionally howl. He did some news breaking as well... He found out that Jeff Gordon's gay!

CockyFanForLife 02-28-2014 01:07 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. I used to laugh hysterically at him when he was on the Bob & Tom show. I particularly liked his "Jeff Gordon's Gay" and "Chucky Cheese Hell" songs.

RIP Tim Wilson!

lencho30 02-28-2014 01:37 PM

RIP Tim Wilson. He was one of my favorites.

FurmanCock 02-28-2014 01:55 PM

Wow, that sucks. I thought Tim Wilson was one of the best at standup. I saw him live at least 4 or 5 times in Greenville, and have probably 6+ of his comedy albums. Besides being really funny, he was actually a pretty good guitar player to. I know he used to practically live out of his car, driving all over the eastern part of the U.S. going from show to show, or to live spots on the John Boy & Billy show in Charlotte, or Bob and Tom up in Chicago.

PyroPepper 02-28-2014 03:34 PM

"Ricky Tidwell's mama's gonna play footbaaaaaaaall!"

Rooster2007 02-28-2014 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PyroPepper (Post 4099594)
"Ricky Tidwell's mama's gonna play footbaaaaaaaall!"

"Her real name's Doris but they're gonna call er too taaaall!"

LOL

PyroPepper 02-28-2014 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007 (Post 4099615)
"Her real name's Doris but they're gonna call er too taaaall!"

LOL

"Doris Tidwell's gonna be hell, in the NFL!"

jellafever 02-28-2014 06:35 PM

SwampFox 03-02-2014 11:13 AM

I remember the first time he sang "Jeff Gordon's Gay" on The John Boy & Billy Show. I almost had to pull of the road from laughing so hard. It was a bit ragged and he sounded as if he was making up the song while singing.

So long, Uncle BS.