CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Cody Mincey looks solid! (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204498)

nicstockman 03-01-2014 12:41 AM

Cody Mincey looks solid!

REALLY like this kid. Not sure what it is - something about his throwing motion. Maybe because he's shorter and doesn't have the long arms. I dunno. But I like it! Really think he's going to be clutch for us at some point down the road.

Coulwoodwarlord 03-01-2014 12:43 AM

Re: Cody Mincey looks solid!

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicstockman (Post 4100277)
REALLY like this kid. Not sure what it is - something about his throwing motion. Maybe because he's shorter and doesn't have the long arms. I dunno. But I like it! Really think he's going to be clutch for us at some point down the road.

He already is !

nicstockman 03-01-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4100279)
He already is !

True. And maybe I just never noticed it but he really impressed me in the Clemson game tonight.

Rebel4ever 03-01-2014 01:09 AM

Good movement on his pitches tonight. Keep it up!

roosterdude21 03-01-2014 02:28 AM

Great stuff

COCKYWOOD 03-01-2014 02:35 AM

:woo::woo::woo: Nasty stuff tonight. :wink::wink::wink:

Qatarcock 03-01-2014 03:38 AM

Could be this years John Taylor out of the pen!

donbgamecock 03-01-2014 09:45 AM

That was some great middle relief. Pitched almost 3 innings and only gave up on hit and walked one and 4 SOs which were very timely when he came in to relieve. You have to give it to the tigs, they have some hitters...ask monty. Our middle relief and closer was the difference in this game.

It is obvious that the tigs pitching staff is weak. Ole jackleg did not want to go to the pen that early. Thankfully for his fear, he left their starter in there a little to long and Griener had him figured out.

U-Dub Gamecock 03-01-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singaporecock (Post 4100334)

Yep, this is who he reminds me of...

U-Dub Gamecock 03-01-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donbgamecock (Post 4100361)
That was some great middle relief. Pitched almost 3 innings and only gave up on hit and walked one and 4 SOs which were very timely when he came in to relieve. You have to give it to the tigs, they have some hitters...ask monty. Our middle relief and closer was the difference in this game.

It is obvious that the tigs pitching staff is weak. Ole jackleg did not want to go to the pen that early. Thankfully for his fear, he left their starter in there a little to long and Griener had him figured out.

Clemson has 2 good starters... Gossett is legit, and Crownover is pretty good too.. Their closer (Campbell) is decent, but their middle relief is their weakness.

We win today, and I think we get the sweep.

GamecockInHell 03-01-2014 10:31 AM

Their starter looked like he had some really good stuff, but was inconsistent. Mincy looked great.

yazoo 03-01-2014 10:41 AM

I thought Gossett looked really good. Made a mistake and left that fastball right over the plate for Greiner. Oops. Bad time to make a mistake with the bases loaded and one of the best hitters in the SEC at the plate.

PS: What conference were these umpires from? That first base umpire made several calls that were terrible. One, the check swing calls seemed to favor Clemson. Two, the Mooney play with two outs was great and the umpire robbed Monty of his escape from that big Clemson inning. No excuse whatsoever for that bad call. The home plate umpire seemed a little more prone to ring up Gamecocks than Tigers. Maybe it was my bias but that was the sense of it from my perspective.

Win anyway attitude by this Gamecock ball club.

IslandCock 03-01-2014 11:14 AM

They were SEC football refs/umps.

Regalcock 03-01-2014 11:21 AM

Kid was a stud for SMC's juco natty title run. He believes in himself and I am now on board after what I saw last night.

burr 03-01-2014 11:29 AM

very impressed with Mincey; kept it down at the knees and immediately got ahead in the count on pretty much every batter, usually 0-2. and he worked that one batter for maybe 14 pitches and still got him.

catdaddy66 03-01-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singaporecock (Post 4100334)

That would be sweet!

dirtycock 03-01-2014 02:15 PM

Kid looks like he's 15 and goes out and handles business. I loved it! I am a believer now!

ReadR00ster 03-01-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4100400)
I thought Gossett looked really good. Made a mistake and left that fastball right over the plate for Greiner. Oops. Bad time to make a mistake with the bases loaded and one of the best hitters in the SEC at the plate.

PS: What conference were these umpires from? That first base umpire made several calls that were terrible. One, the check swing calls seemed to favor Clemson. Two, the Mooney play with two outs was great and the umpire robbed Monty of his escape from that big Clemson inning. No excuse whatsoever for that bad call. The home plate umpire seemed a little more prone to ring up Gamecocks than Tigers. Maybe it was my bias but that was the sense of it from my perspective.

Win anyway attitude by this Gamecock ball club.

They were wearing SEC on their uniforms, so no wonder they were terrible. Just got to deal with it like we did last night.

fns2020 03-01-2014 04:31 PM

For you old guys, like me, his pitching style reminds me of David Cone/Brett Saberhagen. Throws strikes and keeps in low in the strike zone.

HartsVegasCock 03-01-2014 11:58 PM

Watched him play many games in High School, we always said he was like a lil bulldog. No matter the situation you wanted the ball in his hands!!!