CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   How bad was the broadcasting today? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204541)

FearThethumbandDJ 03-01-2014 11:53 PM

How bad was the broadcasting today?

The on the field reporter asked Chad AND Jack about eliminating turnovers.

On top of that the base icon didnt work, the cameramen couldnt find the ball all day. Also the commercials cut out parts of the game, like in the bottom of the 9th when they didnt show the first at bat and almost missed the 2nd as well.

We missed the 3B collision that almost started the brawl as well.

Its nice that we finally got on tv but for gods sake can we please get people that arent completely incompetent do it? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

/rant

75CarolinaFan 03-01-2014 11:58 PM

Re: How bad was the broadcasting today?

It was almost like they let a midget, tater homer/fan site owner call the broadcast. Oh wait, they did! Guess it could have been worse, they could have let Ard do it in his speedo...

Coulwoodwarlord 03-01-2014 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4101555)

On top of that the base icon didnt work, the cameramen couldnt find the ball all day. Also the commercials cut out parts of the game, like in the bottom of the 9th when they didnt show the first at bat and almost missed the 2nd as well.

Its nice that we finally got on tv but for gods sake can we please get people that arent completely incompetent do it? IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK.

/rant

I'm just glad I had a broadcast to watch ! Live in Charlotte and the broadcast info didn't reach me until after the game. Much thanks to JustinTV for the feed. I'm not to be bitching about it either !

b381l 03-02-2014 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4101555)

/rant

for ESPN3....you get what you pay for.....if I ever really get pissed at announcers, I just turn off the volume.

FearThethumbandDJ 03-02-2014 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4101560)
I'm just glad I had a broadcast to watch ! Live in Charlotte and the broadcast info didn't reach me until after the game. Much thanks to JustinTV for the feed. I'm not to be bitching about it either !

You realize how little people care about college baseball when the best rivalry in the game cant even be bothered to be televised outside of SC and the fact that the reporter doesnt know turnovers dont happen in baseball.

Its like asking Frank Martin if they will score a touchdown. I mean cmon.

FearThethumbandDJ 03-02-2014 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4101564)
for ESPN3....you get what you pay for.....if I ever really get pissed at announcers, I just turn off the volume.

I was watching on ABC.

75CarolinaFan 03-02-2014 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4101565)
You realize how little people care about college baseball when the best rivalry in the game cant even be bothered to be televised outside of SC and the fact that the reporter doesnt know turnovers dont happen in baseball.

She was just a taterhead bimbo mouthpiece. After being told for 3 months they gave the game away on turnovers in football, it's easy to how she was confused when they told her they gave the baseball games away too. Honest mistake.

Coulwoodwarlord 03-02-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4101565)

I'm not worried about what the rest of the country thinks dude ! Just happy I had video streaming to my location. That is the "ONLY" thing that mattered.

FlorenceCock 03-02-2014 12:13 AM

Mine was blocked off on either side like it was a 4:3 ratio broadcast for almost the entire game until the 8th inning when magically they put up the 16:9 broadcast to fill the entire screen.

SanAntonioCock 03-02-2014 01:02 AM

Clemson threw too many interceptions again.

Karl Childers 03-02-2014 03:59 AM

Bet you didn't know Crownover was a little over two years removed fom "Tommy John" surgery.I think Philpot said it at least twice an inning.

ccured 03-02-2014 07:02 AM

Didn't she also say they needed to get in the endzone?

tomtomusc 03-02-2014 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 75CarolinaFan
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ

She was just a taterhead bimbo mouthpiece. After being told for 3 months they gave the game away on turnovers in football, it's easy to how she was confused when they told her they gave the baseball games away too. Honest mistake.

she's a USC grad.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

3MTA3 03-02-2014 10:09 AM

Hands down worst broadcast I've ever seen in any sport. Sure, I'm glad I was able to watch, but even watching was difficult at times due to the incompetence on display by the broadcast crew.

How do these people even have a job?

COCKDIESEL 03-02-2014 10:38 AM

That was put together by the local Tv station in Greenville. They only had so much production value. It reminded me of the late 80's and watching Gamecock Basketball. It was only available in SC and was just the local affiliates.

3MTA3 03-02-2014 10:40 AM

How bad was the broadcasting today?

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKDIESEL (Post 4101711)
That was put together by the local Tv station in Greenville. They only had so much production value. It reminded me of the late 80's and watching Gamecock Basketball. It was only available in SC and was just the local affiliates.

Broadcasts from the 80s were better than yesterday's. I've got no problem with the dates graphics and resolution- what I have a problem with is the incompetence of the crew when it comes to direction of the camera and on field interviews.

Hell- they couldn't even get the count correct most of the game!

rrsandersjr 03-02-2014 11:47 AM

We won and got to see it...things are great here when all we can bitch about is the tv broadcast.

Mechanical Cock 03-02-2014 12:46 PM

Glad i got to watch it. Better than normal imo. I do agree the yellow dot base runner appeared to be on the pitchers mound most of the day though.

GamecockInHell 03-02-2014 01:53 PM

It was better than nothing.

Roosterboy 03-02-2014 02:37 PM

Yea.
One of the worst broadcasts I've seen.
Were they shooting on cameras from 1996...they know a hi-def camera ain't that hard to come by these days.

Also, Roy Philpott calling the game? Why not get someone who has no affiliation with either school.

I'm happy we were on TV, but youd' think we could've gotten ESPN.