CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tigernet logic (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204604)

spareparts 03-03-2014 02:11 PM

Tigernet logic

Classic:

Quote:

the coots get so mad that we own them in football that they take it out on our young rebuilding baseball team
http://www.tigernet.com/forums/messa...ageID=15112502

So many questions:

1) Rebuilding from what?
2) "Owned in football"?
3) Who's mad?

USCBatgirl21 03-03-2014 02:14 PM

Re: Tigernet logic

Guess the idiot forgets that by their logic they also "own" us in baseball since they have the overall record.

spareparts 03-03-2014 02:17 PM

LOL. You don't actually expect them to be baseball fans? They don't care about baseball, remember!!

smoovecock 03-03-2014 02:17 PM

Some other precious jewels I saw over there today were as follows....

We own the series
63-17
1981 National Champions
Danny Was Innocent
klempzun is the coots measuring stick
the game is too early in the season
we won a BCS Bowl Game...

ect ect.............

Luke Skycocker 03-03-2014 02:20 PM

Rebuilding? Didn't they return like 8 starters from last year?

scfanz 03-03-2014 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4103311)
Rebuilding? Didn't they return like 8 starters from last year?

Don't confuse the issue with the facts.

Hooterville Tech is rebuilding with 8 returning starters and a HOF coach. That's why there gave the series away, they're so young and untested.

gaaaame.....cooock 03-03-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scfanz (Post 4103318)
Don't confuse the issue with the facts.

Hooterville Tech is rebuilding with 8 returning starters and a HOF coach. That's why there gave the series away, they're so young and untested.

Yeah, they've got 5 or 6 upperclassmen guys in the field and I know Gossett is a Junior. Long is a junior as well as a few of those guys that chipped in over the weekend. Not sure why we didnt see their senior bullpen guy Campbell, I know he's a major contributor.

I'd go as far as claiming that the gamecocks are younger than clemson but haven't done a side by side comparison.

markp_vip 03-03-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoovecock (Post 4103309)

We own the series
63-17
1981 National Champions
Danny Was Innocent

ect ect.............

But it takes five of them to measure a Gamecock.

smoovecock 03-03-2014 02:38 PM

You know, I like Mickey...I play golf with him from time to time and he is a pretty good fellow .....But his problem is just like the rest of the fan base and alumni...He thinks klempzun has been better than they really actually are...In football especially...You can look at the product that has been on the field the last 10 years by klempzun and it has been clear that they are a typical acc program with a few bright lights added....That is all...mediocre on defense at best and capable on offense against acc type defenses...

As far as baseball ...Well, when you win 2 NC or win your own conference, then come talk with us...You are not even in the same atmosphere as the Gamecocks in baseball...

In closing, I would like for all the klempzun folks to enjoy the next 9 months until we roll into the orange litter box....Cause that is about all you have to look forward to right now...

Roosterboy 03-03-2014 04:39 PM

Tigernet logic=you still lost to the Gamecocks.

sosfan812 03-03-2014 05:43 PM

So we took it out on their young rebuilding team full of returners. We are just mean just look at what we did to boyd, we ruined his heisman trip and now this to their baseball team. I think it would be a swell idea to send their baseball team a trophy for participating so they don't feel so left out.

ReadR00ster 03-03-2014 05:59 PM

They didn't own us in football the last 5 years.

AtlGAMECOCK 03-03-2014 06:07 PM

just let em yap, anytime they want to talk crap let em talk it and just listen and then at the end just say GIVE ME FIVE

beak2 03-03-2014 06:20 PM

High Five!, in favor of coots, baby!

:woo:

GarnetSwarm1990 03-03-2014 06:37 PM

Their attitudes are like that spoiled rich kid that thinks he's better than you no matter what, yet their fan base is full of redneck morons that don't know the difference between a college diploma and a participation certificate. So blinded by their terrible school colors that they can't even recognize that they are so far below us in athletics. Our programs and facilities are taking leaps and bounds and theirs have been stagnant for years. Clemson is only a step above irrelevance in college athletics. The butt of jokes around the country and they can't even see it. That or refuse to acknowledge it.

That being said. I love to watch their fan base implode every time we beat their asses. It's like little children throwing a fit when their older brother beats them or takes their toy.

Tailfeathers 03-03-2014 07:06 PM

Anytime they bring up 63-17 I bring up 56-20. Then if they want to nuance an ass kickin' I call them dumb.

uscgrad68 03-03-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

We own the series
63-17
1981 National Champions
Danny Was Innocent

ect ect.............

Leggett and some of the posters are saying, "we would have won the series except for the grand slam in the first game and one bad inning in the third." And then they accuse a poster of not knowing anything about baseball if he disagrees. There were many other reasons why they did not win (errors, walks, Etc.) but some are blind to the facts.

Coulwoodwarlord 03-03-2014 07:59 PM

Quote:

We own the series
63-17
1981 National Champions
Danny Was Innocent

ect ect.............

The one that left me scratchin my head went like this: Had we been in midseason form we would have swept them ! :-?

GamecockInHell 03-03-2014 08:50 PM

I got so sick of that commercial that said how great a time it was to be a tater fan. For some reason, just like dog fans, but even worse, they think they are better than they are.

cockymac 03-03-2014 09:32 PM

We took it out on them? We played them in a competitive sport and played to win. That's what you do. And there's no frustration from us over football. We've beat them by double digits for half a decade. 3 different quarterbacks (not counting Gilmore, Cooper, etc.), with and without Clowney. It's clear that it's not about just the players. We're just a better program right now. And with the extra money the SEC provides us, I just dont see it changing.