CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   ROME II : Total War (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204645)

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 03:21 PM

ROME II : Total War
 
I want this game. It looks great. But I don't really want to spend $60 dollars on it. I'd like pay about $45. I'd also like to try a demo if there is one so I can see how my PC handles the game. Anyone have any ideas? I also see that you have to pay extra for a bunch of things. I see Greek Culture pack for $7.95. Does this mean I can't be the Spartans if I don't pay extra? I kind of want to know what I actually DO get with just the base game. Thanks.

The Yancey 03-04-2014 03:34 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Here are the requirements: http://www.game-debate.com/games/ind...691&game=Total War: Rome II. I've seen it for $10 off on Amazon. Another month or so and you should be able to pick it up for around $40.

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 03:37 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
I know I meet the requirements and I can probably down the resolution a bit. It SHOULD be alright. I've seen some deals, but I don't buy too many games online so I'm not sure who I can trust, including myself for doing all the steps right. I'll look around.

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 03:42 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Does this look trustworthy? http://www.amazon.com/Total-War-Rome...an+total+war+2

The Yancey 03-04-2014 03:52 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Yes, you are protected by Amazon. However you should read those Amazon reviews.

USCremedy 03-04-2014 03:52 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4104272)

Not sure what you mean.

Edit: What Yancey said.

USCremedy 03-04-2014 03:53 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
I bought this game at release and it was a mess. Lots of problems. Hopefully it is fixed.

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 04:09 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCremedy (Post 4104290)
I bought this game at release and it was a mess. Lots of problems. Hopefully it is fixed.

Problems like, technical problems?, or problems like, they game could have been done a lot better? I already went ahead and bought it, but I don't have Steam so I am working on that, hopefully will be playing soon.

USCremedy 03-04-2014 04:18 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4104313)
Problems like, technical problems?, or problems like, they game could have been done a lot better? I already went ahead and bought it, but I don't have Steam so I am working on that, hopefully will be playing soon.

Yeah, mostly technical from what I recall. Graphics and controls were really sub par. Lots of glitching and screen tearing. I didn't really give the game a chance and only played a hour or two so I can't really comment on the game play. I may boot it back up to see if they fixed all of this.

ReadR00ster 03-04-2014 04:34 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by USCremedy (Post 4104322)
Yeah, mostly technical from what I recall. Graphics and controls were really sub par. Lots of glitching and screen tearing. I didn't really give the game a chance and only played a hour or two so I can't really comment on the game play. I may boot it back up to see if they fixed all of this.

Well it's downloading now, so I'll let you know if I have issues on my end after playing it for a while.

FearThethumbandDJ 03-14-2014 10:57 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4104355)
Well it's downloading now, so I'll let you know if I have issues on my end after playing it for a while.

If youre worried about whether its safe or not you should use steam, very trustworthy downloading site.

ReadR00ster 03-14-2014 11:18 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4113493)
If youre worried about whether its safe or not you should use steam, very trustworthy downloading site.

I AM using Steam. I purchased via Amazon for $29.99. Pretty darn good, and it was a for a STEAM code. But, I am terrible at this game! :lol: Although, I am starting to get a hang of the nuances of it, and I am starting to get somewhat decent in easy mode. :lol: As long as the enemy army tries to charge the one bridge I have all my troops perfectly positioned on waiting for them. I'm golden. haha.

Mr.101 03-14-2014 11:40 PM

Re: ROME II : Total War
 
Wasn't Rome II a disappointment? I heard that it wasn't nearly as good as the original.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.