CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204723)

CurryStorm 03-06-2014 06:10 PM

Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game...

by Ray Tanner for things said to Duane Notice during the Florida game, per 107.5 The Game.

Ray Tanner: "The one-game suspension is a result of inappropriate verbal communication as it relates to the well-being of our student-athletes."

Martin will miss the Mississippi State game.
Associate head coach Matt Figger will be the acting head coach this Saturday.

OscarTheGrouch 03-06-2014 06:11 PM

Re: Frank Martin has been Suspended 1 Game...

Damn.. What did he say does anyone know? (not speculate, but know)

pimpingamecock 03-06-2014 06:12 PM

they said he said something to the effect of "Answer the question dumbass." They didn't say the "dumbass" but that it was something like that

Bozy 03-06-2014 06:15 PM

Let me show my ignorance, what is Notice?

A-Cluckwork-Orange 03-06-2014 06:16 PM

He said "Answer the f*cking question, a**hole!" He apparently was questioning Duane's decision-making on the previous play, and wanted to know why he took a particular action. The camera clearly showed Martin's face, and it was not hard to make out the words.

paynemd2 03-06-2014 06:16 PM

Notice is the last name of a player on the team Duane Notice

CurryStorm 03-06-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpingamecock (Post 4106386)
they said he said something to the effect of "Answer the question dumbass." They didn't say the "dumbass" but not sure what else it would have been...

Yeah, Heath Cline didn't say the exact word, just said Martin asked what Notice was doing during a certain play, Notice didn't (or was slow to) answer, and he followed it with "Answer the question, "expletive."

davidmc467 03-06-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OscarTheGrouch (Post 4106382)
Damn.. What did he say does anyone know? (not speculate, but know)

He said this...

http://giant.gfycat.com/WigglyTinyAmericanratsnake.gif

PalmettoCock 03-06-2014 06:18 PM

The player's name is Duane Notice.

Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

cracker2 03-06-2014 06:21 PM

There is absolutely no justification for the way Frank verbally abuses his players, and I'm not sorry for my opinion!

sosfan812 03-06-2014 06:22 PM

This should stay between USC, Tanner and Frank.The fans that are crying about our coach and the way he speaks need to stay out of it. Calling a player an a**hole and getting suspended is a joke however, Ray has every right to handle it the way he see's fit.

Rebel4ever 03-06-2014 06:23 PM

The way Notice played against Florida and this year I really can't blame him. He's frustrated.

ReadR00ster 03-06-2014 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cracker2 (Post 4106398)
There is absolutely no justification for the way Frank verbally abuses his players, and I'm not sorry for my opinion!

Verbal abuse? What a wuss.

pimpingamecock 03-06-2014 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sosfan812 (Post 4106401)
This should stay between USC, Tanner and Frank.The fans that are crying about our coach and the way he speaks need to stay out of it. Calling a player an a**hole and getting suspended is a joke however, Ray has every right to handle it the way he see's fit.

have to agree with you on this. I personally think it's overblown... played baseball and football in HS. Heard a lot worse. Think this was also a situation of Ray getting his hand a bit forced by some of the fans that have issue with it.

Cockypantherfan 03-06-2014 06:26 PM

CFM has plenty of fire that's for sure.

davidmc467 03-06-2014 06:28 PM

If the tv cameras didn't pick this up, nothing would have happened.

Some boosters probably got upset, and Ray's hand was forced.

OscarTheGrouch 03-06-2014 06:28 PM

A lot of things get said when the moment is heated and you are trying to get a point across. Notice played poorly and I'm sure Martin was upset. If notice takes it personally getting yelled at during a game then maybe he should grow a little thicker skin. I doubt Martin really thinks of Notice as a d.a., and if he does, that's a different issue. I agree that this should really be handled between Ray, Martin and the Team. Tanner is a smart guy. Move on win on Saturday.

SCohioBoy 03-06-2014 06:28 PM

Very simple, he was warned after the Williams situation earlier. And he made it personal calling the kid an a hole. If he says answer the fing question Duane, no suspension.

Latti 03-06-2014 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4106404)
Verbal abuse? What a wuss.

I like frank but I'm surprised he has never been punched in the teeth by a player.

pimpingamecock 03-06-2014 06:29 PM

Or we could just keep our coach, and let him turn us into a winner. Took Marshall 3 years to have a winning record at W. St. Made it to the NCAA's in his 5th. These things take time.