CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Doing What We Should (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204773)

GabbieM 03-08-2014 09:43 PM

Doing What We Should

Well, the points we put up today in the double header are great. I think we looked okay as a whole. With this said..

#1, #2, #4, #9 all faced a defeat this weekend (so far). Along with a few more top 25 teams... most against non top 25 teams.

If we aren't #1 after this weekend (barring a loss tomorrow) we are golden to possibly go into the weekend ranked #1 on all polls which will greatly help our team play better in my opinion.

If I'm correct.. that makes us the only undefeated team in the nation. This is some good stuff! As always.. you can lose to anyone in baseball on any day.. so we could still lose tomorrow or Tuesday before our first SEC series.

Edit: added #4 FL State to the list of defeats.

FearThethumbandDJ 03-08-2014 10:12 PM

Re: Doing What We Should

No way, the media loves the ACC and jameis no way we move up

Cocktober Surprise 03-08-2014 11:07 PM

If they win tomorrow, they will be #1 in every poll. (At least the polls that rank using integrity...not those that rank to get clicks.)

Write that down.

GabbieM 03-09-2014 05:13 AM

i really think we have a championship calibur team this year. We need to work.. but overall the CWS is real.

ucan'tlickourcocks 03-09-2014 12:14 PM

I certainly don't want to downplay our start to the season, but our strength of schedule so far has been a little weaker than normal. We are off to a great start, and hopefully we can continue it....... with SEC play starting next weekend, I believe Ole Miss will be a good measuring stick to see where we are starting league play.

Qatarcock 03-09-2014 10:07 PM

It is hard to jump a team if they win the weekend series. Losing a midweek game or one out of a series isn't considered a huge deal with the rankings. Admittedly I have no idea who those teams played and when they lost. When you factor in who we played, it isn't a stretch to see us staying where we are if the teams ahead of us only lost once this week.

jojaba71 03-09-2014 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Singaporecock (Post 4108821)
It is hard to jump a team if they win the weekend series. Losing a midweek game or one out of a series isn't considered a huge deal with the rankings. Admittedly I have no idea who those teams played and when they lost. When you factor in who we played, it isn't a stretch to see us staying where we are if the teams ahead of us only lost once this week.

I agree. Kendall Rogers and Aaron Fitt never penalize a team after they win a series. I see us hanging on to no. 1 in Collegiate Baseball and USA/Today and staying put in Baseball America and PerfectGame.

b381l 03-10-2014 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4108480)
i really think we have a championship calibur team this year. We need to work.. but overall the CWS is real.

I agree....we have a great team this year....but if our guys keep playing like this at # 3 or 4, I'm more than happy to leave things as they are. Sometimes it's better to be the hunter than the hunted. Maybe the best thing we have going for us is the fact that we have 3 really good starting pitchers.....need 3 to win regional and supers, not to mention the relievers and closers we have are also very good.