CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Was this a bad Lady Gamecock loss ? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204777)

superfly 03-09-2014 06:51 AM

Was this a bad Lady Gamecock loss ?

I would think it helps us in the long run. If we went in as a No.1 seed, we would have been sent to Seattle. That is a long way to go and even if a 2 or 3 seed plays closer to it's opponents home it will still be a neutral court. This could still work out better....JMO. Less travel and more fans closer vs other side of the country and no one there.

JerseyBird 03-09-2014 07:01 AM

Re: Was this a bad Lady Gamecock loss ?

If we end up in UConn's bracket, I'd have to give that a yes. Actually I'd say yes just in general. The UT loss, you could look at in a somewhat positive light; this one, it's a tremendous stretch to find a positive, although kudos to your flexibility in achieving that :-)

jellafever 03-09-2014 12:27 PM

If we end up as a #2 seed in UConn's or ND's region then yes it was a bad loss. I think those two teams are head and shoulders above everyone else. I think we have a reasonable chance at beat any of the other teams. I'd like to play Tennessee again, but chances are they won't put the two highest SEC teams in the same region.

doccock 03-09-2014 12:44 PM

With 2 losses in our last 3 games, yes it was a bad loss. However, hopefully they got some of the dumb mistakes out of the way and can get back to the team we saw 90+ percent of the year.
Playing themselves out of a top seed might be a good incentive.
doc

M.C. 03-09-2014 12:51 PM

how was it a bad loss kentucky is good too

ipull4usc 03-09-2014 08:57 PM

It's not a bad loss at all, considering that Kentucky is very good. However, it could be a costly loss depending on where we're seeded.

Spurrier_Superior_One 03-09-2014 09:02 PM

Better losing now than in the Tourney.

Rebel4ever 03-09-2014 09:31 PM

Number 1 seed or not, with the way we can't or won't attempt or make any outside shots will hinder us making a deep, deep run. Hopefully we can make it to the Elite 8 but we've become one dimensional and if someone doesn't step up and make 3's, midrange jumpers or at least show that we are not afraid to shoot them we might not make it to the Sweet Sixteen. Hopefully next year one or two of our recruits will have the guts to fire it up. Also we are making silly turnovers that we weren't in our SEC season championship run. We better tighten it up quick.

Cockhornleghorn 03-09-2014 10:16 PM

I thought we either needed to beat Tennessee in the last regular season game or win the SEC Tournament to get a 1 seed. It looks like we're relegated to a 2, but that is still an outstanding season for a relatively young team that will be much better next season with a huge influx of young talent.

Carolina-Beez 03-09-2014 10:41 PM

Yes. Bad loss. UT beat Kentucky today for the SEC tournament title. I would be surprised if we're a higher seed than the Vols.

baitandswitch 03-10-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina-Beez (Post 4108833)
Yes. Bad loss. UT beat Kentucky today for the SEC tournament title. I would be surprised if we're a higher seed than the Vols.

I feel like this "maybe it was better we lost" mentality is something Clemson would do.

ReadR00ster 03-10-2014 12:45 AM

I was disappointed in how we played. I could tell we got discouraged very early. It seemed like we were pressing. Kudos to Kentucky, they learned from their first couple of losses to us. Hopefully we can learn from this one. We can't be a one-trick pony on offense and expect to have too much success tough. We need to find some better outside and mid range shooting.

Cockhornleghorn 03-10-2014 02:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReadR00ster (Post 4108877)
I was disappointed in how we played. I could tell we got discouraged very early. It seemed like we were pressing. Kudos to Kentucky, they learned from their first couple of losses to us. Hopefully we can learn from this one. We can't be a one-trick pony on offense and expect to have too much success tough. We need to find some better outside and mid range shooting.

I think we have people who can hit mid and long range jumpers, but we turned the ball over too much, trying to get the ball inside. We will have a lot of practice time to work on this before the tournament.