CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   South Carolina themed tattoo (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204794)

bcolinc 03-10-2014 03:11 AM

South Carolina themed tattoo

During the SC vs Brown series I was getting tattooed out here in Utah. I mentioned it in the thread about the Brown game and said thanks for the updates. So thanks for everyone who kept is not watching in the loop! Here's the tattoo. Going back in a few weeks for color

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/10/8u6ydyme.jpg

Hope y'all like it :)

JerseyBird 03-10-2014 06:43 AM

Re: South Carolina themed tattoo

Very nice work! :clap:

lencho30 03-10-2014 08:27 AM

Thats some good work!!!

Thundercocks- Ho! 03-10-2014 11:56 AM

Nice tat! I had a friend who got the state flag tattoo. They put the moon facing the wrong way. Course he didn't notice until we pointed it out...

kingoftheroost 03-10-2014 12:41 PM

I like the design, but it seems like the wheel on the left side of the cannon looks like it is falling off. Is that intentional? It could be the other side, too, depending on which side you perceive as being straight.

kingoftheroost 03-10-2014 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! (Post 4109024)
Nice tat! I had a friend who got the state flag tattoo. They put the moon facing the wrong way. Course he didn't notice until we pointed it out...

I worry about what this sentence might cause regarding responses.

ccured 03-10-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thundercocks- Ho! (Post 4109024)

my dad's has an apostrophe when it shouldn't. the writing is plural and they wrote it as possessive. I don't know if anyone has ever told him

lencho30 03-10-2014 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4109080)
I worry about what this sentence might cause regarding responses.

:lol::lol:

FlorenceCock 03-10-2014 04:17 PM

I like it. I saw a guy with a big Clemson paw tattooed to his leg the other day and I asked him when he graduated and he didn't even go to Clemson yet has a tattoo on his leg....:rotfl:

ReCOCKulous 03-10-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlorenceCock (Post 4109215)
I like it. I saw a guy with a big Clemson paw tattooed to his leg the other day and I asked him when he graduated and he didn't even go to Clemson yet has a tattoo on his leg....:rotfl:

I wasn't in the cast of "The Boondock Saints," but I have some of the latin phrases in my tattoo. Just saying. One does not have to have a degree from the university to have a tattoo showing their affiliation and love for the university. I am SC alum and my buddy is not. He has a bitchin' Gamecock tattoo.

Jbsc88 03-10-2014 08:48 PM

I have Gamecock tattoos and I never attended SC. However do have step brothers who played for the baseball team in the early to mid 90's and a mother who has a degree from SC.

3MTA3 03-10-2014 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReCOCKulous (Post 4109303)
I wasn't in the cast of "The Boondock Saints," but I have some of the latin phrases in my tattoo. Just saying. One does not have to have a degree from the university to have a tattoo showing their affiliation and love for the university. I am SC alum and my buddy is not. He has a bitchin' Gamecock tattoo.

I betcha didn't know that Latin was a language before Boondocks Saints was even a script.

Cock Kool-Aid 03-10-2014 10:31 PM

I would almost be willing to bet that gamecock tattoos are more common among non alum than alumni.

SanAntonioCock 03-10-2014 11:51 PM

My diploma has a tattoo.

bcolinc 03-11-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kingoftheroost (Post 4109075)
I like the design, but it seems like the wheel on the left side of the cannon looks like it is falling off. Is that intentional? It could be the other side, too, depending on which side you perceive as being straight.

Yea, I told him not to make it perfect so that I could post it online and see if people could catch the imperfections. Good job! Lol

bcolinc 03-11-2014 12:11 AM

I'm glad some fellow South Carolinians enjoy that tattoo as well. Thank y'all. I can't quite come to get a Gamecock tattoo just yet. Maybe I'll do that after I skydive lol. Don't get me wrong though, I love my Gamecocks.

JerseyBird 03-11-2014 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcolinc (Post 4109455)
Yea, I told him not to make it perfect so that I could post it online and see if people could catch the imperfections. Good job! Lol

Mission accomplished! At least they got the moon right :thumbsup:

bcolinc 03-11-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4109561)
Mission accomplished! At least they got the moon right :thumbsup:

Haha that dang crescent thang

kingoftheroost 03-11-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcolinc (Post 4109455)

I didn't mean any offense. Sorry if it seemed that way. I thought maybe it was meant sort of like a rustic idea to reference history. My wife saw what I wrote and said I was wrong for it, so apparently my comment is being interpreted in a way I didn't intend. I apologize for that.

JerseyBird 03-11-2014 10:49 PM

I think it's a kind of "poetic" presentation (or "rustic", like you said) - not perfectly proportioned but I think it looks cool

Looking forward to the colored-in pics :woo: