CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   40/1 odds (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204827)

LawyerLarry 03-10-2014 04:34 PM

40/1 odds
 
I just checked an online betting site and they are offering a bet for South Carolina to win next year's national championship at 40 to 1 odds. I've never gambled before, but I may have to start with $250 on the Gamecocks this year to win 10k.

markp_vip 03-10-2014 04:39 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4109226)
I just checked an online betting site and they are offering a bet for South Carolina to win next year's national championship at 40 to 1 odds. I've never gambled before, but I may have to start with $250 on the Gamecocks this year to win 10k.

Wonder if you could do a parlay with the Cocks winning the National Championship in Baseball and Football and what the odds would be on a bet like that?

Goofyboy 03-10-2014 04:59 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4109231)
Wonder if you could do a parlay with the Cocks winning the National Championship in Baseball and Football and what the odds would be on a bet like that?

Add in Men's basketball, and it would approach Powerball odds.

HeadCockFan 03-10-2014 06:05 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
250 seems like a good bet. You'd be pissed if we came up a few runs short though.

Thenardier 03-10-2014 07:40 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Some Auburn fans came within 13 seconds of winning 100k last season. Bet $100 on Auburn winning the BCSNCG at 1000 to 1 odds.

SC Sandlapper 03-10-2014 07:57 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyboy (Post 4109238)
Add in Men's basketball, and it would quadruple Powerball odds.

Fixed
:lol:

USCfootball 03-10-2014 09:00 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goofyboy (Post 4109238)
Add in Men's basketball, and it would approach Powerball odds.

Actually, I would think it's very reasonable that odds of winning the powerball are better.

roosterdude21 03-10-2014 09:06 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109294)
Some Auburn fans came within 13 seconds of winning 100k last season. Bet $100 on Auburn winning the BCSNCG at 1000 to 1 odds.

They won't find any sympathy on this board bc no one cares about Auburn

markp_vip 03-10-2014 09:19 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109294)
Some Auburn fans came within 13 seconds of winning 100k last season. Bet $100 on Auburn winning the BCSNCG at 1000 to 1 odds.

Saw that guy was thinking about hedging, but decided not too. Would have laughed my ass off if he hedged and ended up losing both bets.

Sir Cuss 03-10-2014 09:47 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109294)
Some Auburn fans lost last year.

FIFY

CockyLifer 03-10-2014 11:13 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
The Barners got VERY lucky last year just wondering why you are always on this site? Are you a fan of ours also or just have no life?

DJCatfish 03-10-2014 11:29 PM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4109345)
Saw that guy was thinking about hedging, but decided not too. Would have laughed my ass off if he hedged and ended up losing both bets.

Not sure how that's possible?

b381l 03-11-2014 01:03 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109294)
Some Auburn fans came within 13 seconds of winning 100k last season. Bet $100 on Auburn winning the BCSNCG at 1000 to 1 odds.

I find it hard to believe Auburn was 1,000 to 1 with their recruiting class. People always make up that kind of crap after the fact.

Thenardier 03-11-2014 01:46 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4109476)
I find it hard to believe Auburn was 1,000 to 1 with their recruiting class. People always make up that kind of crap after the fact.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4421156.html

You were saying?

b381l 03-11-2014 02:28 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109496)

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tle-500-1-odds

the picture of the bet shows 500 to 1.....the 1,000 to 1 is probably 14 drunk auburn redneck fans that lied about their bet...no proof.

:rotfl:

uscsandstorm85 03-11-2014 02:44 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
I thought The Cockpit was a place for Gamecock fans to discuss Gamecock football.

Thenardier 03-11-2014 03:08 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4109505)
http://espn.go.com/college-football/...tle-500-1-odds

the picture of the bet shows 500 to 1.....the 1,000 to 1 is probably 14 drunk auburn redneck fans that lied about their bet...no proof.

:rotfl:

Uh, the head of the betting office said that the bets were real. Or did you just want to skip over that?

SCohioBoy 03-11-2014 08:37 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4109510)
Uh, the head of the betting office said that the bets were real. Or did you just want to skip over that?

Here you go bud

http://auburnfootballfanforum.yuku.com/

markp_vip 03-11-2014 09:38 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJCatfish (Post 4109446)
Not sure how that's possible?

He made a prop bet at beginning of season for Auburn to win National Championship. In order to hedge he would have had to place a large game bet on FSU to win. FSU didn't cover, hence had he hedged he would have lost both bets.

DJCatfish 03-11-2014 10:19 AM

Re: 40/1 odds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4109585)
He made a prop bet at beginning of season for Auburn to win National Championship. In order to hedge he would have had to place a large game bet on FSU to win. FSU didn't cover, hence had he hedged he would have lost both bets.

Ah, I'm with you except for hedging with a bet against the spread. Seems like he would take the moneyline for FSU (size determined based in the odds) and guarantee a win.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:50 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.