CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   As frustrating as this basketball season has been we did... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204829)

Rebel4ever 03-10-2014 08:01 PM

As frustrating as this basketball season has been we did...

Improve our SEC record by 1 game, 5-13 compared to 4-14 last year. Hey, I'll mark that as improvement. Looking for silver linings anywhere. This has probably already been discussed but improvement is improvement even if it's 1 game.

GamecockUltimate 03-10-2014 08:10 PM

Re: As frustrating as this basketball season has been we did...

And our non conference schedule was way more difficult this year compared to last year, we definitely played harder and better basketball.

jonick 03-10-2014 08:11 PM

I love the attitude of the glass is half full...but you know we need the other half...don't you....

scfanz 03-10-2014 08:24 PM

This years team improved over the season, unlike last year.

uscGRAD04 03-10-2014 08:38 PM

Still pissed abt the Baylor game.

TheMule 03-10-2014 09:38 PM

With a full year from Johnson and Ellington maybe another 2-3 games fall out way. The caveat is would Williams have played very much.

warriorcock 03-10-2014 10:06 PM

I definitely feel like our team improved from last year. I think this team has improved as this year went on and all our new players gained experience/confidence. I also believe that if we could go back and replay the end of some of the close games we lost this year, that we would win some of them now. Bottom line, this bodes well for the future. But we will need much better post play going forward.

markymark550 03-10-2014 10:20 PM

Gotta start somewhere. The foundation is being built.

Harry Cock 03-10-2014 10:45 PM

These are the kinds of threads that this board needs. We can't be to ten in everything

Reeser 03-10-2014 10:56 PM

Not trying to be negative Nancy, but losing Williams is going to suck!

Coulwoodwarlord 03-10-2014 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reeser (Post 4109421)
Not trying to be negative Nancy, but losing Williams is going to suck!

Losing Martin would suck even worse ! We got Sind still, and off we go !

sc455 03-11-2014 12:21 AM

Looking for a .500 record next year. That would be sweet.

Regalcock 03-11-2014 01:09 AM

:clap:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4109458)

. That would be progress.

superfly 03-11-2014 08:25 AM

I said in an earlier thread...show me where we are better...well, this shows it. We faced tougher competition...had a better record...and survived two controversial midseason distractions with the team. I don't think we could have done that 2 years ago. That said....on to the tournament and then to next season. I can take an improvement for year to year and be happy.

Rebel4ever 03-11-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jonick (Post 4109307)
I love the attitude of the glass is half full...but you know we need the other half...don't you....

Of course but where we are right now I'll take a one game improvement. Better than going 3-15 this year or 4-14 again. If we improve one game each year we'll have 11 SEC wins by Martin's 7,8 season. Hopefully it won't take that long but as down as we have been, it may take that long.

Rebel4ever 03-11-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Cock (Post 4109410)
These are the kinds of threads that this board needs. We can't be to ten in everything

Thanks for the thread props.

Rebel4ever 03-11-2014 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sc455 (Post 4109458)

And major improvement. I want us to be a program like Maryland. They finished .500 in ACC and are genuinely solid year in and year out. They just beat ACC top seed UVA to finish .500 in conference and are a bubble team I think.

Woody7687 03-11-2014 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Cock (Post 4109410)

Who says...

No seriously we are improving I just hope we give Frank Martin ample time to make us a contender because he will.

jonick 03-11-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebel4ever (Post 4109605)
Of course but where we are right now I'll take a one game improvement. Better than going 3-15 this year or 4-14 again. If we improve one game each year we'll have 11 SEC wins by Martin's 7,8 season. Hopefully it won't take that long but as down as we have been, it may take that long.

I'm a light switch kinda guy and not a dimmer switch one, I want it now, however I can be (gulp) a realist and not expect miracles next year or even the year after.., but any longer than that and I won't be the only one who will wonder when or if under Martin..now I have no axe to grind and I'm sure he's a good coach..and I hope he even becomes a better person...but in this day and time, if you are given an opportunity to produce and don't your tenure is gonna be in jeopardy..I hope we get the talent and I hope his coaching ability shines in the coming years..We at Carolina deserve a winner in all sports, but I'm not the least bit prejudicial, don't you know.
:thumbsup:

Cockypantherfan 03-11-2014 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superfly (Post 4109539)
I said in an earlier thread...show me where we are better...well, this shows it. We faced tougher competition...had a better record...and survived two controversial midseason distractions with the team. I don't think we could have done that 2 years ago. That said....on to the tournament and then to next season. I can take an improvement for year to year and be happy.

You're assuming we don't win the SEC and make the dance. :wink: