CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Titanfall (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204838)

Order 66 03-11-2014 05:27 AM

Titanfall

Picked up the game tonight, and it plays the same as the Beta. The multiplayer ran smooth, but the campaign seems pretty worthless. Anyone else?

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 09:05 AM

Re: Titanfall

Downloading it from the store now. Microsoft passes the first big test from its online store...there's eleventy bazillion people downloading this thing right now and it's going fast as hell...looks like about 15 minutes total download time. That's awesome.

Now if we can just get EA's game servers not to crap out once everyone starts playing. lol.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 09:24 AM

Download complete. Looks like it wound up taking right around 20 minutes...can't imagine the install from the disc was much less.

Good stuff.

ultimatetailgater 03-11-2014 09:36 AM

Gameplay is pretty much same as beta but there's a lot more weapons and loadouts. The Ogre titan is insanely strong.

usc_yogi 03-11-2014 10:05 AM

I know some people were having some server issues last night, but hopefully it is not a big screw up today.

I probably will not get to play this unless it comes to the PS in later iterations, but I am eager to see some of the additional stuff that was not in the beta. I am sure my YouTube sub box will be overloaded with Titan Fall stuff today.

JAYBEZ 03-11-2014 10:21 AM

Picking up my copy today. I didn't get to play the beta, so I will still be in initial geekout mode

uscGRAD04 03-11-2014 10:49 AM

First time I've ever pre-ordered a game online from Walmart. Supposed to receive it today. We'll see if I get it today or not.

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4109594)
I know some people were having some server issues last night, but hopefully it is not a big screw up today.

It's EA...we'll be lucky if their crappy launch servers don't melt down and cause WW3.

rioninusc 03-11-2014 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4109661)
It's EA...we'll be lucky if their crappy launch servers don't melt down and cause WW3.

Surprised since they are basically the big fish now. I guess they follow another store in that regards. Reminds me of Walmart, and trying to get checked out up front. They never have enough cashiers to handle the amount of customers in the store. I always go to a department cashier if I can, it's a lot quicker.

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 01:26 PM

So far the servers are flawless.

usc_yogi 03-11-2014 02:28 PM

Go to hear that the servers are holding up. Maybe they learned their lesson with BF4. The smaller player base might be helping as well since they can devote their time only to PC and Xbone. It will be interesting to see how different the 360 version is when it releases.

ultimatetailgater 03-11-2014 07:14 PM

all green on PC side just miss my custom loadouts until i level up again lol

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ultimatetailgater (Post 4110023)
all green on PC side just miss my custom loadouts until i level up again lol

It doesn't take long...more challenges now and more burn cards to add to XP.

Spurred 03-11-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4109767)
So far the servers are flawless.

I hope the game would play well online. It's only 6 vs 6 right?

Metalrush24 03-11-2014 07:47 PM

Can't even sign in to XBL with my gamertag...

Apparently it is a widespread issue of some sort:-|

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurred (Post 4110040)
I hope the game would play well online. It's only 6 vs 6 right?

Well yeah. Are you not familiar with the myriad problems associated with the various CoD launches? 6v6 there too.

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalrush24 (Post 4110042)
Can't even sign in to XBL with my gamertag...

Apparently it is a widespread issue of some sort:-|

Whoa...that sucks.

Related to titanfall? Or no?

Metalrush24 03-11-2014 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4110060)
Whoa...that sucks.

Related to titanfall? Or no?

Apparently not?

It seems to be some sort of issue with Microsoft but I haven't seen much info on it. The site just says to check back every 30 minutes. It sucks because I literally had just signed in and popped in the disc when it began to install and signed me out( it actually installed, which was weird).

It just sucks because I've been at this for about 6 hours with no dice so far. Here's to getting a game in by the end of the day.

diehardgamecock 03-11-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Metalrush24 (Post 4110079)
Apparently not?

It seems to be some sort of issue with Microsoft but I haven't seen much info on it. The site just says to check back every 30 minutes. It sucks because I literally had just signed in and popped in the disc when it began to install and signed me out( it actually installed, which was weird).

It just sucks because I've been at this for about 6 hours with no dice so far. Here's to getting a game in by the end of the day.

Damn. What a crappy day for that to happen.

Metalrush24 03-11-2014 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4110085)
Damn. What a crappy day for that to happen.

Yeah, what really sucks is since this is an online-only game, you're left just sitting here. This is the problem/concern with these types of games. It'll be alright, though. Hopefully it will get resolved soon.