CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Uniform thread haters beware (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=204995)

RebelGamecockfan09 03-13-2014 05:05 PM

Uniform thread haters beware

Hey guys, so I know uniform threads are generally hated but I for one love uniform discussion. Since it's the offseason and all, I thought of a cool idea for our football uniforms. First let me preface by saying I love our uniforms now. Under armour really did a good job finally giving us a good uniform for our football team in my opinion. I was just thinking how cool it would be to change the font on the uniforms to the cursive font I've seen around the board some. I think that would be a really classy addition to our uniforms that would set them apart from other similar under armour uniforms. I realize that the new font is supposedly our standardized font but I gotta say I would like to see the cursive carolina rather than the font we have now. Of course I could be crazy but it at least looks cool in my head. Some other things I'd like to see, although I don't want to beat a dead horse, is the addition of garnet helmets and black jersey's to our uniform rotation. I know most people my age love that stuff, which means recruits would likely like to see some of that as well. What are some other cool ideas yall would like to see change on our uniforms?

something like this http://s21.photobucket.com/user/SCHe...cript.jpg.html

Cockypantherfan 03-13-2014 05:15 PM

Re: Uniform thread haters beware

Thumbs down.

LawyerLarry 03-13-2014 05:24 PM

Nah, looks too much like Ole Miss uniforms.

LawyerLarry 03-13-2014 05:25 PM

Oh, I just noticed your username.

RebelGamecockfan09 03-13-2014 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4111906)
Oh, I just noticed your username.

Actually that's a reference to Byrnes high school! I didn't think of ole miss, although I personally like those. I didn't know if it would be well received or not honestly but thought it would be interesting to see other ideas.

LawyerLarry 03-13-2014 05:32 PM

I used to like the lightning bolt shirts some of our guys would wear under their uniforms. Then they started wearing the blue camo, which I didn't like. Now we wear neither. I wonder why we stopped wearing that stuff? I think it may have been a jinx. We've been a lot better since we stopped wearing it.

ccured 03-13-2014 05:35 PM

thumbs down

GamecockMomSC 03-13-2014 05:38 PM

I love the Carolina script, but I don't think it would look right with the crispness of the bars on the football uniform. It looks great on the baseball uniforms though.

I'm with you on the garnet/black helmet option and the black uni.

:wink:

RebelGamecockfan09 03-13-2014 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockMomSC (Post 4111936)
I love the Carolina script, but I don't think it would look right with the crispness of the bars on the football uniform. It looks great on the baseball uniforms though.

I'm with you on the garnet/black helmet option and the black uni.

:wink:

That's actually what got me thinking about it, the baseball team looks great.

JerseyBird 03-13-2014 05:57 PM

Yeah I think football is better suited (har!) with the block letters spread all the way across. You'd have to make the script a lot smaller to make it fit properly, I would think.

cocky0 03-13-2014 06:44 PM

(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)

RebelGamecockfan09 03-13-2014 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cocky0 (Post 4112096)
(Insert obligatory comment about wearing pink tutus as long as we win.)

:lol: that was why i put the warning in the title.

Luke Skycocker 03-13-2014 07:19 PM

No thanks

jellafever 03-13-2014 11:36 PM

what about the JoMo script on some basketball jerseys?

uscsandstorm85 03-14-2014 02:27 AM

We need chrome helmets first.

Gamecocks1137 03-14-2014 05:20 AM

Ew

GamecockInPA 03-14-2014 07:31 AM

Follow @Gamecockology on twitter; there've been a bunch of uniform design posts recently to keep you busy all summer.

Garnet Gamecock 03-14-2014 10:25 AM

I'll pass, but take George Goebel to block.

Spartan 03-14-2014 01:00 PM

As much as I love the Joe Morrison script, I don't think it would look good on our helmets. I'm personally not a fan of Ole Miss and Florida's use of script on their helmets. It feels dated to me, and like others have said, it would be difficult to read. Maybe as a one-off for a special uniform at some point would be cool.

I would, however, like to see the JoeMo script on more 'retro' t-shirts and hats and what not. I think that it's a classic Carolina logo that needs to be used more often.

bigduff32 03-14-2014 01:01 PM

The Classic look or cursive text wouldn't mix with the modernized look of our uniforms... If you mix those two, it just gets tacky.

Just my opinion though