CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205008)

Cocklover 03-14-2014 08:25 AM

2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
With the win, South Carolina will play fourth-seeded Tennessee in the second game of Friday's first session. Tipoff is schedule to begin at approximately 3:30p.m. ET, or 25 minutes after the first game ends. Brad Nessler, Jimmy Dykes and Shannon Spake will be on call for ESPNU.

behindenemylines 03-14-2014 08:55 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.

ipull4usc 03-14-2014 09:26 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
A really, really tough matchup for the Cocks today, considering all the size UT has. UT is also playing very well, in their past 3 games they have straight destroyed teams by an average of 31 points. Big Chat is going to have to ball out, it would be great if he can somehow draw fouls like he did yesterday to get at least 1 of UT's bigs in foul trouble. Kacinas and Carrera are going to be overmatched, they've just got to play with great effort.

We're also going to need some of that sharpshooting we had against Auburn.

This isn't even taking into account Jordan McRae, who is the Vols best player.

No matter what happens I'm proud of the guys for making it here. Let's go out there and fight tooth and nail today.

2four2Gamecock 03-14-2014 09:44 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by behindenemylines (Post 4112630)
Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.

That 3 before the half was a really bad decision. He should have never shot that ball. Nice that it went in but you dont shoot that ball with more than a couple secs left on the clock in that situation.

Rebel4ever 03-14-2014 09:48 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by behindenemylines (Post 4112630)
Elders on this site: Does Brian Steele remind you of Bill Verneau? For the younger gen, Bill played in the 80s and was not as talented as his teammates, however any time he was called upon he gave 100% and could knock down the 3. He bacame a cult favorite and energized the team and crowd whenever he walked on the court at the Frank Maguire Arena...thougths?

Steele's contribution yesterday included an amazing assist, a rebound and putback, and then a stone cold heartbreak 3 with 19 seconds on the clock.

I think Verneau was a little taller but maybe not as thick. I remember him hitting shots at the top of the key. There are some similar traits.

USCBatgirl21 03-14-2014 09:48 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
GO COCKS!!!
:bballcoc::cocky::bballcoc:

Rebel4ever 03-14-2014 09:53 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
I would love a win today but if we don't these last couple of weeks have been fun and gives us some hope for the future. But let's keep this thing going. Hit some 3's, minimum turnovers, and rebound, we have a shot.

markymark550 03-14-2014 09:54 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipull4usc (Post 4112653)
A really, really tough matchup for the Cocks today, considering all the size UT has. UT is also playing very well, in their past 3 games they have straight destroyed teams by an average of 31 points. Big Chat is going to have to ball out, it would be great if he can somehow draw fouls like he did yesterday to get at least 1 of UT's bigs in foul trouble. Kacinas and Carrera are going to be overmatched, they've just got to play with great effort.

We're also going to need some of that sharpshooting we had against Auburn.

This isn't even taking into account Jordan McRae, who is the Vols best player.

No matter what happens I'm proud of the guys for making it here. Let's go out there and fight tooth and nail today.

Yeah, Stokes and Maymon are tough matchups for us. Agree with you in that LChat needs to keep playing well. This is a game where we really need Henry to step up and give some good minutes.

It's gonna be tough, but if we keep playing like we have for the last few games, we could win this. Win or lose, I want UT to know they were In a dogfight at the end of the game.

Luke Skycocker 03-14-2014 09:57 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Tennessee is the worst matchup for us in the league.

Rebel4ever 03-14-2014 09:59 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4112699)
Tennessee is the worst matchup for us in the league.

Always have been.

chrism7d4 03-14-2014 10:06 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?

Cocklover 03-14-2014 10:07 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
LOL...no NIT bid unless you have a winning record

weatheredxtown 03-14-2014 10:08 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrism7d4 (Post 4112709)
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?

No. Win the whole thing or go home.

jared 03-14-2014 10:08 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrism7d4 (Post 4112709)
For the experts out there do we have any shot to receive a NIT bid if we win today?

Think NIT requires a .500 record or better.

jared 03-14-2014 10:09 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Due for a win against these guys, are we not? GO COCKS

2000grad 03-14-2014 10:23 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
When is the last time we reached the semis in the SEC tourney?

chrism7d4 03-14-2014 10:24 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jared (Post 4112715)
Think NIT requires a .500 record or better.

Thanks. I figured it was a long shot

2four2Gamecock 03-14-2014 10:25 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
We can rebound with anybody. Just keep fighting on the boards and we are in this game.

CoverTwo 03-14-2014 10:31 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
Need a 25-30 point game from Brenton

GarnetArmy07 03-14-2014 10:31 AM

Re: 2014 SEC Tournament:**USC vs. Tennessee GAME Thread**
 
I'm glad to be seeing these threads...keep growing up and plugging away.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.