CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Rev Fred Phelps is having undisclosed "health problems" (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205115)

spareparts 03-16-2014 04:34 PM

Rev Fred Phelps: DEAD

The leader of the Westboro "Church". The guy's in a care facility

Quote:

The Rev. Fred Phelps Sr., who founded a Kansas church that's widely known for its protests at military funerals and anti-gay sentiments, is in a care facility.

Westboro Baptist Church spokesman Steve Drain said Sunday that Phelps is being cared for in a Shawnee County facility. Drain wouldn't identify the facility but says Phelps is 84 and "having some health problems."

Members of the Westboro church, based in Topeka, frequently protest at funerals of soldiers with signs containing messages like "Thank God for dead soldiers" and "Thank God for 9/11," claiming the deaths are God's punishment for American immorality and tolerance of homosexuality and abortion.

spareparts 03-16-2014 04:37 PM

Re: Rev Fred Phelps is having undisclosed "health problems"

On USA Today his estranged son says he is almost dead:

Quote:

Fred Phelps, the 84-year-old driving force behind the Westboro Baptist Church, is reportedly in hospice care and "on the edge of death" in Kansas, his estranged son says in a Facebook post. Nate Phelps also claims that the elder Phelps was ex-communicated by his own church last year. "Terribly ironic that his devotion to his god ends this way," wrote the younger Phelps, who left the church in 1980.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...helps/6491073/

2000grad 03-16-2014 04:40 PM

If he has AIDS...

usc90grad 03-16-2014 04:43 PM

Let's protest his funeral. Who's with me?

RGHoskins 03-16-2014 04:44 PM

Huh.

Acockolypse Now 03-16-2014 04:48 PM

I wish him God's peace and hope the hate in his heart dies before he does.

warriorchief 03-16-2014 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by usc90grad (Post 4114530)
Let's protest his funeral. Who's with me?

hold up a sign that simply reads "Karma's a bitch, isn't it?"

The Yancey 03-16-2014 05:56 PM

Son said that he had been excommunicated. Wonder what the back story on that is.

JaxcockFL 03-16-2014 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4114575)
Son said that he had been excommunicated. Wonder what the back story on that is.

Wondering that myself. I had not heard about that. He was either too much or not enough...I guess.

spareparts 03-16-2014 06:18 PM

Quote:

I wonder if he came to his senses in his time of reflection, and as a result he didn't fit their narrow minded ideals anymore

taylorssc 03-16-2014 06:21 PM

Phelps went to Bob Jones.

spareparts 03-16-2014 07:04 PM

I wonder what the problem is

ACPhilson 03-16-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4114536)

It won't. That hate is deep seated.

bigdog2003 03-16-2014 09:06 PM

Quote:

From different things I have seen, any of the family that doesn't agree with Old Fred 100% are kicked out and cannot be talked to by any members of the church. When asked, he does not include any of the kids that have been kicked out in the number of children he has.

He did go to Bob Jones, but dropped out. This man is really crazy, I watched a documentary about their church done by Louie Theroux, the entire family is crazy. I feel bad for the children that have to do what they are told to do.

The Yancey 03-16-2014 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4114668)
From different things I have seen, any of the family that doesn't agree with Old Fred 100% are kicked out and cannot be talked to by any members of the church. When asked, he does not include any of the kids that have been kicked out in the number of children he has.

He did go to Bob Jones, but dropped out. This man is really crazy, I watched a documentary about their church done by Louie Theroux, the entire family is crazy. I feel bad for the children that have to do what they are told to do.

His daughter Shirley is just as big a nutcase.

bigdog2003 03-16-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4114670)
His daughter Shirley is just as big a nutcase.

Oh yeah, she is banned from entering several countries around the world. At least some of her kids are smart and left as soon as they were old enough.

FurmanCock 03-16-2014 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Acockolypse Now (Post 4114536)

Hear, hear!

markymark550 03-16-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4114668)

Fall From Grace?

I watched that one. I knew about the funeral protests before watching that, but I couldn't believe all the craziness they have going on.

Spurrier_Superior_One 03-17-2014 12:32 AM

The Devil has got a special place in hell waiting for his sorry ass, that man is NOT a man of God. I hope he don't go peaceful either I want him to feel the flames as he breathes his last.

ACPhilson 03-17-2014 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurrier_Superior_One (Post 4114792)
The Devil has got a special place in hell waiting for his sorry ass, that man is NOT a man of God.

This. He broke Jesus's most important commandment to the people. Love thy neighbor....nothing but pure hate in this man, and he will reap what he has sowed.