CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Changes Coming for Leadership of the Carolina Band (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205149)

Jonboy345 03-17-2014 08:09 PM

Changes Coming for Leadership of the Carolina Band

Dr. Phillips, Associate Director of Bands and Director of Athletic bands has accepted the position of Director of Bands at Colorado State University.

This is a well deserved promotion for her, we should all be excited for her.

There is no permanent replacement for her right now, but Jayme Taylor the Assistant Director of Athletic Bands will take over for her after her departure in July until a replacement has been found if one hasn't already.

I was not at the meeting myself, but this is what I have been told from other members who were.

Gamecocks1137 03-17-2014 08:18 PM

Re: Changes Coming for Leadership of the Carolina Band

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonboy345 (Post 4115384)
Dr. Phillips, Associate Director of Bands and Director of Athletic bands has accept the position of Director of Bands at Colorado State University.

This is a well deserved promotion for her, we should all be excited for her.

There is no permanent replacement for her right now, but Jayme Taylor the Assistant Director of Athletic Bands will take over for her after her departure in July until a replacement has been found if one hasn't already.

I was not at the meeting myself, but this is what I have been told from other member who were.

So, I am unfamiliar with Colorado St.'s band, are they better than ours or something? (Referring to the promotion) Or is Director of Bands a better position than Athletic Bands?

Jonboy345 03-17-2014 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4115391)
So, I am unfamiliar with Colorado St.'s band, are they better than ours or something? (Referring to the promotion) Or is Director of Bands a better position than Athletic Bands?

I highly doubt they are a better Marching Band. Their concert bands, I do not know about.

The Director of Bands position almost regardless of the school is a better position than the Associate Director of Bands/Director of Athletic Bands.

sandstorm2001 03-17-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4115391)

This is the equivalent of Gus Malzahn leaving Auburn when he was offensive coordinator to take the head coaching job at Arkansas State or wherever he went a few years ago. You take a step down on the program prestige ladder to take take a step up in the job title ladder. Happy for Dr. Phillips, but after having played in her concert ensemble for several semesters and watching the marching band improve so much after she took it over, I'm very sad to see her leaving USC. I remember my freshman year I was in marching band with Brozak and concert band with Dr. Phillips. Even back then (4 years before she took over i believe) I said if they ever handed her the reigns to the marching band it would improve drastically. She really is a fantastic director.

catdaddy66 03-18-2014 09:53 AM

She had our marching band rocking the last few years. I liked how our bands were getting very creative. We will certainly miss her!

Luke Skycocker 03-18-2014 10:11 AM

Please don't let it regress back to what it was

TaterHater1984 03-19-2014 08:19 PM

Sucks for us. She had the band going places. Congrats to her.

Jonboy345 05-14-2014 02:30 AM

The new interim Assistant Director of bands has been selected.

http://www.sc.edu/study/colleges_sch...ement_news.php