CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   **USC vs. The Citadel GAME Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205158)

Cocklover 03-18-2014 09:06 AM

**USC vs. The Citadel GAME Thread**

South Carolina (18-1) heads on the road for a Tuesday non-conference tilt at The Citadel (8-12). First pitch is scheduled for 7 p.m. at Joseph P. Riley Jr. Park. The game can heard on the Gamecock IMG Network including flagship station 107.5 FM, "The Game," with Andy Demetra and Tommy Moody on the call. Live gametracker stats are also available at GamecocksOnline.

South Carolina is ranked No. 1 by Baseball America and Collegiate Baseball as well as No. 2 by Perfect Game and the ESPN/USA Today Coaches' poll.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network; Flagship 107.5 FM The Game.

Internet: Additional coverage on Twitter @GamecockBasebll and Facebook/Gamecocksonline

This is the link to the live video through The Citadel's website, you do have to pay for it...

http://client.stretchinternet.com/cl...castType=video

If anyone has a link to a free video, please post!! Thanks.

Great to see Evan Beal back!!

South Carolina - Evan Beal (Jr. RHP) 0-0, 0.00 ERA, 0.0 IP, 0 BB, 0 SO
The Citadel - Austin Mason (So. RHP) 0-0, 6.75 ERA, 6.2 IP, 5 BB, 4 SO

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...031714aae.html

catdaddy66 03-18-2014 09:12 AM

Re: **USC vs. The Citadel GAME Thread**

Let's see Evan rough up a few bulldogs today! Keep the mojo going and beat the Citadel!!

Go Cocks!!!

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 09:44 AM

GO COCKS!!!
:swingcoc::cocky::swingcoc:

Also, Citadel's radio station is 1450 am. They do stream online (just an fyi). It will be Citadel's broadcasters, but they do a good job.

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:00 AM

@GamecockBasebll:

Tuesday's game at The Citadel has been postponed and rescheduled for Wednesday, April 16 @ 7 pm.

Cocklover 03-18-2014 10:02 AM

Yep, just coming to post this...

Luke Skycocker 03-18-2014 10:07 AM

Why? It's not going to rain at all today according to the forecast. Is the field's drainage in that bad of a shape?

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:07 AM

I'll be honest...I wasn't going out there in the cold, damp weather anyway. Daddy cancelled his trip to come down too. This works out better.

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4115742)
Why? It's not going to rain at all today according to the forecast. Is the field's drainage in that bad of a shape?

It's been raining for 3 days down here, and the field is next to the river, so drainage is very much an issue. It's not high on a bluff like ours.

No need to risk injury to players on such a wet field.

Plus the cold, damp weather will really hurt the gate for The Citadel. They pay a lot of bills with this game each year. Helps them out to move it.

Luke Skycocker 03-18-2014 10:13 AM

Kinda disappointing that the field can't hold just over an inch of rain over the span of 3 days, but whatever

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4115751)
Kinda disappointing that the field can't hold just over an inch of rain over the span of 3 days, but whatever

You also have to take into account the tide levels too. An inch of rain makes a big difference when it's high tide. At high tide the marsh just behind the field is filled with water, not to mention the roads leading to/from the field, as well as the parking areas. Again, you have to think of it in Charleston terms, not Columbia terms.

5lbYardcock 03-18-2014 10:17 AM

Yea, I live not far from the field and my yard is soaked and like a sponge.

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5lbYardcock (Post 4115755)
Yea, I live not far from the field and my yard is soaked and like a sponge.

I work on St Andrews in Avondale. Don't get me started about how terrible our back parking lot is (just a street between us and the Ashley).

rosstheboss 03-18-2014 10:27 AM

That's ok. I'd rather Beal get some bullpen work in another game or two before he has to start a game against Citadel who always gives us fits

SAETerrier 03-18-2014 10:39 AM

I live 3 blocks from the Joe & it would've been a bad night to play...cold & drizzling for the past 3 days. Time to focus on beating UK.

ktguen 03-18-2014 10:40 AM

Boo. Now I have no excuse for not running my errands later.

USCBatgirl21 03-18-2014 10:49 AM

Makes Spring Break down here more fun. We'll get back in town just in time to head downtown and make a day of it that Wednesday. Little Man loves going to The Joe, and tailgating in Brittlebank. :)

JerseyBird 03-18-2014 11:18 AM

Heh we know about drainage issues up here too :-p Sounds like the best plan

CockyFanForLife 03-18-2014 11:26 AM

Another problem with the field at The Joe is that it was built on fill. It has to be repaired every few years. Not sure that makes the rain/wet field issue any worse. It's just a fact of life for that field.

2000grad 03-18-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4115751)

Have you ever tried to play baseball on a wet, soggy field? It's not very easy and can cause some nasty problems for the outfielders as well as the hitters.

2000grad 03-18-2014 11:28 AM

The soccer clubs in charleston are notorious for closing their fields when someone spits on them. Water table is higher, etc.