CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Will Clemson beat SC? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205176)

JaxcockFL 03-18-2014 06:23 PM

Will Clemson beat SC?

I voted no, (for SC) how 'bout you?

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/i...south-carolina

FearThethumbandDJ 03-18-2014 06:30 PM

Re: Will Clemson beat SC?

is this a serious thread or nah

kingoftheroost 03-18-2014 06:31 PM

I would've loved to have seen this same question the week before the game last year, and without USC or CU fans voting.

Lonnie 03-18-2014 06:39 PM

Never Again.

Mechanical Cock 03-18-2014 06:39 PM

An ACC blog...hmmm

F4rpoole 03-18-2014 07:00 PM

I suspect something fishy . . . I voted twice on two different computers about ten minutes apart and the statistics on both computers read “59% yes, 41% no, 572 total votes”. Hmmm……..

GamecockInHell 03-18-2014 07:05 PM

Tater fans are such dirtbags. While we always laugh and make fun of them, they are always so full of hatred. To be honest, we should never lose to them in anything. We are the flagship university of the state of South Carolina and they will always just be clemson.

F4rpoole 03-18-2014 07:14 PM

Tried it again and it is counting now, "58% yes, 42% no, 627 total votes".

JaxcockFL 03-18-2014 07:23 PM

57/43. Starting to turn our way. Again.

FanofCarolina1 03-18-2014 08:21 PM

Read the comments by the mad tater below the article...Taters gonna hate!

Rooster'srule 03-18-2014 08:43 PM

52/48 now 907 votes

JaxcockFL 03-18-2014 08:51 PM

The comments are getting pretty good.

Gamecocks1137 03-18-2014 08:56 PM

This article was hilarious to read.

Gallo Pazzesco 03-18-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4116203)
is this a serious thread or nah

Serious. We need to get the word out. It'll only add to their misery.

CockyCody 03-18-2014 09:22 PM

:kill::puke::wink:What a group of delusional dumbasses Clemsux fans are!!!! "Since we have a new QB we stand a better chance of beating them(Carolina)" Now who in the hell does that really make sense to? I guess they have fully bought into Dabo's speech about them having 3 NFL caliber QB's ready to rock and roll this year despite none of them having any real playing time!!! :rotfl:

JaxcockFL 03-18-2014 09:47 PM

It's tied. eat it, taters.

CarolinaSpur12 03-18-2014 10:13 PM

I really do not know about this year ladies and gentlemen.

The defense has been the key in the recent run of success for the Gamecocks. They lost 3 starters on the DL and 2 in the secondary. That is two positions that you don't want to be young and inexperienced in, and it's ABSOLUTELY no good when both are in the same boat at the same time. We have some experienced LBs so that's a plus. Like Coach Ward said a few days back, "We got depth, we got bodies, but can they play?" <---We shall see.

The offense for the Gamecocks will be pretty solid. Although we haven't had a great offense since SOS has been here so it is yet to be seen whether or not we will come through with a O that puts up some points. Returning 4 of 5 OL is really great. While they weren't fantastic last season, if they can maintain the same progress we should be fine. We have some experienced WRs returning and hopefully Shaq and Pharro can play a huge roll. Both have shown flashes but no Alshons, Kennys, or Sidneys on this roster as of right now. I am still undecided on DT. He played well against Mizu apart from the fumbles we had. Not totally his fault but as the QB you have to find ways to dig yourself out like Connor did. We are pretty deep at RB. Mike Davis is just gonna be Mike Davis. Beast. But the rest? Well, we have to stay out of the training room with injuries and quit running into the back of blockers. Good, solid group, but haven't shown me much apart from Davis and sparingly Wilds.

Clemson loses a good QB, a great WR, another decent WR, a good RB, and one OL. They will have new ones at all positions. Chad Kelly, Cole Stoudt, or D. Watson? None have played meaningful time apart from mop up duty. Losing sammy will be big for them, as he is a top flight receiver who just can't be replaced. Bryant is so so. The offense they're in throws a lot of balls up for the WRs to grab so they have a lot of guys with some catches. The WR core will take a hit though.

Their defense returns the whole Dline, 1 LB, and I want to say 2 safeties while losing 2 lbs and 2 corners. They have a stud dline whether we want to believe it or not. Watson and Beasley are studs. Losing Spencer and one other guy i can't remember his name will be tough, as he was the anchor for the D last season. They will be replacing a lot as well. But i think the D will be the strength of their team next season.

Gamecocks1137 03-18-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 (Post 4116352)
I really do not know about this year ladies and gentlemen.

The defense has been the key in the recent run of success for the Gamecocks. They lost 3 starters on the DL and 2 in the secondary. That is two positions that you don't want to be young and inexperienced in, and it's ABSOLUTELY no good when both are in the same boat at the same time. We have some experienced LBs so that's a plus. Like Coach Ward said a few days back, "We got depth, we got bodies, but can they play?" <---We shall see.

The offense for the Gamecocks will be pretty solid. Although we haven't had a great offense since SOS has been here so it is yet to be seen whether or not we will come through with a O that puts up some points. Returning 4 of 5 OL is really great. While they weren't fantastic last season, if they can maintain the same progress we should be fine. We have some experienced WRs returning and hopefully Shaq and Pharro can play a huge roll. Both have shown flashes but no Alshons, Kennys, or Sidneys on this roster as of right now. I am still undecided on DT. He played well against Mizu apart from the fumbles we had. Not totally his fault but as the QB you have to find ways to dig yourself out like Connor did. We are pretty deep at RB. Mike Davis is just gonna be Mike Davis. Beast. But the rest? Well, we have to stay out of the training room with injuries and quit running into the back of blockers. Good, solid group, but haven't shown me much apart from Davis and sparingly Wilds.

Clemson loses a good QB, a great WR, another decent WR, a good RB, and one OL. They will have new ones at all positions. Chad Kelly, Cole Stoudt, or D. Watson? None have played meaningful time apart from mop up duty. Losing sammy will be big for them, as he is a top flight receiver who just can't be replaced. Bryant is so so. The offense they're in throws a lot of balls up for the WRs to grab so they have a lot of guys with some catches. The WR core will take a hit though.

Their defense returns the whole Dline, 1 LB, and I want to say 2 safeties while losing 2 lbs and 2 corners. They have a stud dline whether we want to believe it or not. Watson and Beasley are studs. Losing Spencer and one other guy i can't remember his name will be tough, as he was the anchor for the D last season. They will be replacing a lot as well. But i think the D will be the strength of their team next season.

We outmatch them in every category. We will hang 50 on them this year.

sandstorm2001 03-18-2014 10:57 PM

SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.

robgusc76 03-18-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4116380)
SC will not beat Clemson this year and you can mark that down. We're just losing too much so we won't be nearly as good as them. I'll probably still try to go see it in person though. Would love to be there to see Clemson beat themselves a 6th straight time.

Clemson lost like 70% of its offense. Id say the tigers took a pretty big hit to. In fact, Im pretty sure they dont have a player on roster who has started a game at quarterback in a meaningful football game.