CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   SOS zings TA&M.... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205193)

Lonnie 03-19-2014 11:09 AM

SOS zings TA&M....

“They Got a $5 million coach so they must be pretty good, right?”

:clap:

Cockypantherfan 03-19-2014 11:12 AM

Re: SOS zings TA&M....

SOS is the man! Take that TAMU!!!!!

I'm expecting a lot of dirty looks in the upcoming months while driving around Houston from A&M fans while I proudly display my USC decal.

ElectricCock 03-19-2014 11:26 AM

haha ask Duke how hard that $5million coach was.... if it wasn't for Johnny Football single-handedly beating Duke in the 2nd half, that $5 million dollar coach would have embarrassed our conference by losing to Duke

Gotta love SOS

Roosterboy 03-19-2014 11:30 AM

A $5 million coach with the best QB money could buy...now just a $5 mil coach with a terrible defense and no proven QB.

SOS is licking his chops for the Aggies.

SanAntonioCock 03-19-2014 12:00 PM

I like our chances in August, byt this is gonna be a tough matchup long-term with their resources and recruiting base.

LawyerLarry 03-19-2014 12:08 PM

It still doesn't beat his zinger about Georgia, which has proven to be true for yet another year. I read on espn.com that they had several players get suspended for stealing. Too bad we don't play them first.

2000grad 03-19-2014 01:02 PM

SOS's zingers are like the jelly of the month club...it's the gift that keeps giving the whole year

Regalcock 03-19-2014 01:49 PM

SOS never has an off season for trash talk. Love it!

Garnet Gamecock 03-19-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4116633)
SOS is licking his chops for the Aggies.

He's thinking about all the national media attention for that one game. It's a recruiting bonanza if we take care of business (which we will).

People talk about Johnny Football (aka "Brick" from "The Middle") was the key to the team, but Johnny's stats (especially interceptions) would have been considerably worse if he hadn't had Mike "Jump Ball" Evans out there willing to kill himself to get to any of his tosses.

Those days are gone. Yes, they have to replace Manziel, but I think it may be just as hard to replace Evans...

...and their defense truly sucks!

They will come to dread playing in the Cock Pit.

-- Toughest Place in America to Scratch Out a Road Victory.

Garnet Gamecock 03-19-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4116669)
I like our chances in August, byt this is gonna be a tough matchup long-term with their resources and recruiting base.

Texas is going to start eating into that recruiting base again.

Garnet Gamecock 03-19-2014 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawyerLarry (Post 4116676)
It still doesn't beat his zinger about Georgia, which has proven to be true for yet another year. I read on espn.com that they had several players get suspended for stealing. Too bad we don't play them first.

I'm not even sure that was even a zinger...

As coach would say, "it is what it is".

Garnet Gamecock 03-19-2014 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2000grad (Post 4116733)
SOS's zingers are like the jelly of the month club...it's the gift that keeps giving the whole year

Especially the ones about Dabo.

FanofCarolina1 03-19-2014 01:53 PM

That is awesome. Well now he gave something for ESPN to talk about at the SEC media days come July.

B-G 03-19-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4116809)
Texas is going to start eating into that recruiting base again.

Texas already has.

They've been getting top ranked classes for years.
Nothing has changed, A&M is still their little brother that they don't acknowledge.
(Their real rival is Ou)

HeadCockFan 03-19-2014 02:07 PM

We've done a good bit of winning here lately, it's time we start really expecting to win every game, even road games.

GarnetSwarm1990 03-19-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B-G (Post 4116818)
Texas already has.

They've been getting top ranked classes for years.
Nothing has changed, A&M is still their little brother that they don't acknowledge.
(Their real rival is Ou)

A&m has only gotten the top receivers and linebackers in the state of texas in recent years it seems like so. Reminds me a lot of clemmy recruiting lol

jellafever 03-19-2014 02:23 PM

WHOA!!! what a zinger!!!!!!!

usc1 03-19-2014 02:37 PM

A&M arguably has more talent than we do. Their weak D is the difference. I'm sure it'll be more improved but ours should still be better.

yazoo 03-19-2014 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4116807)
He's thinking about all the national media attention for that one game. It's a recruiting bonanza if we take care of business (which we will).

People talk about Johnny Football (aka "Brick" from "The Middle") was the key to the team, but Johnny's stats (especially interceptions) would have been considerably worse if he hadn't had Mike "Jump Ball" Evans out there willing to kill himself to get to any of his tosses.

Those days are gone. Yes, they have to replace Manziel, but I think it may be just as hard to replace Evans...

...and their defense truly sucks!

They will come to dread playing in the Cock Pit.

-- Toughest Place in America to Scratch Out a Road Victory.

Yes, and we don't have Connor Shaw or Bruce Ellington either. T&AM is reloading. They have two years had number 5 recruiting classes, something else SOS mentioned in the press conference. I really don't think they suck as much as you think.

Roosterboy 03-19-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadCockFan (Post 4116822)
We've done a good bit of winning here lately, it's time we start really expecting to win every game, even road games.

Like I've been saying...I'm expecting an SEC championship this year or bust.
11-2 three straight years and no championships to show for it.

It is time to start getting some hardware.