CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   You folks with no cable or satellite (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205197)

South Carolinian 03-19-2014 12:01 PM

You folks with no cable or satellite

how are you watching the NCAA tournament? if you are?

usc_thereal 03-20-2014 01:00 PM

Re: You folks with no cable or satellite

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Carolinian (Post 4116672)

I have cable/satellite (because it's 2014 and I live in 'Merka). But just about everything is available online. The March Madness Live app streams all of them I think, for example.

markp_vip 03-20-2014 01:24 PM

Quote:

If they don't have cable or satellite, I bet they wouldn't have internet either so I don't expect to hear from too many of them. I don't think I could make it without cable and broadband internet.

South Carolinian 03-20-2014 01:39 PM

It's just that many are dumping cable and satellite because of other ways to get your shows. haven't heard of a good one for live sports

rioninusc 03-20-2014 01:45 PM

I don't know th details, but I heard Roku, Google Chromecast, and internet shows like Hulu might provide you with what you want. I don't think Hulu gives you a live games though.

Found Roku it might have the sports channels you desire.

here is the link it says it has 1000's of channels including sports.

http://www.roku.com/products/streaming-stick

Cheezy 03-20-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Carolinian (Post 4117436)
It's just that many are dumping cable and satellite because of other ways to get your shows. haven't heard of a good one for live sports

1. Install Google Chrome
2. Install the AdBlock Plus extension for Chrome
3. Www.thefirstrow.eu
4. Profit!

ThisMr X 03-20-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

At the bar.

jellafever 03-20-2014 01:56 PM

vipbox.tv is another good site like firstrow. Also, justin.tv will sometimes have a good sports stream.

Cockadoo 03-20-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by markp_vip (Post 4117423)
If they don't have cable or satellite, I bet they wouldn't have internet either so I don't expect to hear from too many of them. I don't think I could make it without cable and broadband internet.

I don't have cable tv or satellite. I have internet though. I just recently ditched Dish. We watch Netflix and Amazon Prime now.

But if I want to watch some BBall Tourneys..check this link out.

http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness

GoCocks09CSOL 03-20-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by South Carolinian (Post 4117436)

This is really the last major component of televised entertainment that's keeping me and a lot of people I know from dropping cable completely. Between Netflix, Amazon Instant with Prime, Hulu, Chromecast, etc. you can find just about anything you could want to watch, except live sports.

As another poster mentioned, I use FirstRowSports quite a bit, especially for PPV events like UFC fights. Still though, those streams aren't always very pretty or consistent.

As soon as somebody (ESPN?) wises up and offers access to live sports without a cable subscription, I think a lot of people will finally cut the cable cord. (Except for high speed internet, of course.)

Cheezy 03-20-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoCocks09CSOL (Post 4117483)
This is really the last major component of televised entertainment that's keeping me and a lot of people I know from dropping cable completely. Between Netflix, Amazon Instant with Prime, Hulu, Chromecast, etc. you can find just about anything you could want to watch, except live sports.

As another poster mentioned, I use FirstRowSports quite a bit, especially for PPV events like UFC fights. Still though, those streams aren't always very pretty or consistent.

As soon as somebody (ESPN?) wises up and offers access to live sports without a cable subscription, I think a lot of people will finally cut the cable cord. (Except for high speed internet, of course.)

I think the WWE Network will have a big effect on this moving forward. If it continues to be successful, watch for other sports to follow.

taylorssc 03-20-2014 03:33 PM

It's on cbs. Just get a digital antenna. Also, cbssports.com is probably streaming free.

johnnyb 03-20-2014 03:44 PM

I haven't had pay tv (cable/sat) in over a year now...we looked at what it was costing us on a yearly basis and then looked at what we used it for and determined that our usage didn't justify the cost. We pick up like 15 channels ota with an antenna, including all the big networks (CBS/abc/NBC/fox) and there is plenty of content on Netflix and PBS for the kids. As far as live sports, I haven't missed a game I have wanted to watch.

Cockypantherfan 03-20-2014 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4117544)
It's on cbs. Just get a digital antenna. Also, cbssports.com is probably streaming free.

True. I am at work and was able to watch the end of Ohio St - Dayton... great game down the stretch.

Flameout12 03-20-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockadoo (Post 4117450)
I don't have cable tv or satellite. I have internet though. I just recently ditched Dish. We watch Netflix and Amazon Prime now.

And no flippin commercials...

Frosty 03-20-2014 05:42 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/scoreboard
like someone else said. If you click on SCORES for basketball you can select whatever game you want to watch.
At least for today and tomorrow. Thankfully I work in an office during the day and have 3 monitors in my view and can put games on all of them. The boss loves it actually. He is amazed at the technology we have today.

markp_vip 03-20-2014 06:10 PM

Wow, more people than I thought are cutting the cable. IDK though, I'm too addicted to sports and don't trust the reliability of streaming enough to go away from cable just yet. Nothing worse than getting the buffering sign during a big play and holding your breath till it comes back on.

ReadR00ster 03-20-2014 06:22 PM

It helps to have a buddy that has a sweet entertainment system and all the good channels for the big games. Also you can convince your parents or grandparents you'll visit more if they have a sweet set up too. :lol:

Who 03-20-2014 06:32 PM

all the games are online at http://www.ncaa.com/march-madness-live/

for ESPN, FS1, and NBCSports if you know anyone with Comcast (and a few other providers i believe) they can watch all of those channels online so just ask them for their username/password. I pay $30 for interent and use my parents comcast password to watch everything so I don't have to pay for cable.