CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Chinese Dude Pays $2 Million for a Dog (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205202)

usc90grad 03-19-2014 03:20 PM

Chinese Dude Pays $2 Million for a Dog

Quote:

For $2 million, hopefully this dog comes with a complimentary mansion. A Chinese property developer reportedly paid that hefty sum to get his hands on a one-year-old golden haired Tibetan mastiff in what could be the most expensive dog sale ever. The breed, which can look like a baby lion if you squint really hard, has become a status symbol among China's ritzy upper class.

Weighing in at 200 pounds and nearly three feet tall, Tibetan mastiffs are just as nationally treasured as pandas. The puppy purchased was one of a pair who "have lion's blood and are top-of-the-range mastiff studs," said the dog's breeder. Both pups, whose names weren't released, are said to be loyal and protective of their owners. The record-breaking pup is on the left below.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BjFcZexCEAAkXzm.jpg

Dog on left

http://theweek.com/article/index/258...ppy-looks-like

IslandCock 03-19-2014 03:34 PM

Re: Chinese Dude Pays $2 Million for a Dog

In unrelated news, dude in middle orders world's largest supply of Jif peanut butter.

taylorssc 03-19-2014 03:43 PM

How does a dog share a bloodline with a cat?

Cockypantherfan 03-19-2014 03:53 PM

I wish I had 2 million dollars to throw it at whatever I wanted.

Regalcock 03-19-2014 04:02 PM

I thought he was just very hungry. Did not realize he wanted a pet.

spareparts 03-19-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IslandCock (Post 4116894)
In unrelated news, dude in middle orders world's largest supply of Jif peanut butter.

Brilliant

etowngangsta 03-19-2014 05:17 PM

Those dogs must be really tender.

roosterdude21 03-19-2014 09:41 PM

Quote:

Haha yeah, judging by the look on his face.

GarnetSwarm1990 03-19-2014 10:15 PM

Well look at it this way. He can enter those things in the Kentucky derby and he saves money on buying a horse. He got a 2 for 1 in the pet department. I guess if it has "lion's blood" then it's a 3 for 1.

HeadCockFan 03-20-2014 08:49 AM

At some point you have so much money, that price doesn't matter. Your time is worth not haggling or waiting at all. With the time he saved throwing money at these things, he probably made 3 million dealing property.

Clemsux182 03-20-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

:rotfl:

I also found this very comedic:

For $2 million, hopefully this dog comes with a complimentary mansion. A Chinese property developer reportedly paid that hefty sum to get his hands on a one-year-old golden haired Tibetan mastiff in what could be the most expensive dog sale ever. The breed, which can look like a baby lion if you squint really hard, has become a status symbol among China's ritzy upper class.

Weighing in at 200 pounds and nearly three feet tall, Tibetan mastiffs are just as nationally treasured as pandas. The puppy purchased was one of a pair who "have lion's blood and are top-of-the-range mastiff studs," said the dog's breeder. Both pups, whose names weren't released, are said to be loyal and protective of their owners. The record-breaking pup is on the left below. For $2 million, hopefully this dog comes with a complimentary mansion. A Chinese property developer reportedly paid that hefty sum to get his hands on a one-year-old golden haired Tibetan mastiff in what could be the most expensive dog sale ever. The breed, which can look like a baby lion if you squint really hard, has become a status symbol among China's ritzy upper class.

Weighing in at 200 pounds and nearly three feet tall, Tibetan mastiffs are just as nationally treasured as pandas. The puppy purchased was one of a pair who "have lion's blood and are top-of-the-range mastiff studs," said the dog's breeder. Both pups, whose names weren't released, are said to be loyal and protective of their owners. The record-breaking pup is on the left below.

markymark550 03-20-2014 10:39 AM

Has lion's blood and is a top-of-the-range stud? Sounds like the perfect pet for Charlie Sheen.

treys1986 03-20-2014 12:33 PM

Hahahaha....If you squint REALLY hard.

markp_vip 03-20-2014 01:30 PM

Damn wish he had checked with me first. I've got a pitbull that looks like a tiger I would have sold for 500K :mrgreen: