CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   irritated (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205262)

ccured 03-22-2014 08:50 AM

irritated

Got woke up by knocks on the door at 7 AM. It was police and somebody had gone through my truck and car. I had left them both unlocked. Thankfully nothing was in them worth anything. Nothing was missing but maybe a random tool here or there because I was working on my truck last night. I had driven my wife's car yesterday because I was having issues with my truck. Everything of value was in her car in the garage. The other car hadn't been driven in months and is a POS taurus wagon that I was given to drive when my transmission went out a couple of years ago. So there was nothing in it. So lucky nothing taken but pissed off someone went through my crap.

jccgogamecocks 03-22-2014 09:00 AM

Re: irritated

Sorry to hear about that. I hate a theif. I had a shotgun stolen out of my truck a couple of years ago that still hasnt turned up. Good thing you didnt lose much.

ccured 03-22-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks (Post 4118659)
Sorry to hear about that. I hate a theif. I had a shotgun stolen out of my truck a couple of years ago that still hasnt turned up. Good thing you didnt lose much.

Thanks I really rarely leave anything in my truck anymore because someone went through it years ago when I lived in Columbia. Kids looking for money then and now I assume. That time I got in my truck and new something was off but couldn't place it. Was half way to work and reached for a cigarette and realized they were gone. They took about $30 in change and 3 packs of cigarettes and my coat then. Hate a theif

jccgogamecocks 03-22-2014 09:21 AM

Man, the ciggs woulda pissed me off more than the change. Can't stand someone who'll take something no matter how small or insignificant.

M.C. 03-22-2014 09:41 AM

Cops did it

spareparts 03-22-2014 09:48 AM

You better make sure the police didn't plant any crack cocaine in your truck

ccured 03-22-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4118678)
You better make sure the police didn't plant any crack cocaine in your truck

live in lexington (the red bank area) would probably be meth

SolidifieD 03-22-2014 01:57 PM

Had my car stolen from in front of my apt complex a little over a month ago. Woke up one morning and it was gone. Had a spare key I'd used a few days ago in the console, and apparently I left a door unlocked. Guy got lucky.. got my car back a few days later though. Police found it a couple towns over after some crackhead got pulled over for not using a turn signal. Lost my stereo and a few other pieces of audio equipment, just thankful to have gotten my car back. It's a bad feeling knowing someone has violated your property and just rambled thru your stuff though.

SterlingBrooks 03-22-2014 02:09 PM

I live in a very crime free area and I always lock my house and cars

JaxcockFL 03-22-2014 02:13 PM

First off, getting woken up by the cops on a Saturday just sets the tone for a crap sandwich of a day.

Second, lock your stuff. I'm lucky that when I have forgotten to lock my car, nothing got taken...except when some punk got caught going through cars and stealing cigarettes and spare change. he got caught, and his mom was trying to defend it. "Oh..it's just cigarettes, nothing important.

catdaddy66 03-22-2014 02:26 PM

Who notified the police of the break in? You were sleeping, so...?

ccured 03-22-2014 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by catdaddy66 (Post 4118809)
Who notified the police of the break in? You were sleeping, so...?

I don't know I forgot to ask honestly. Have been outside multiple times today and nobody has said a word. I do have cop that lives two doors down and another around the corner. One of them could have called it in. I saw the cops I talked to and two others cruising through the neighborhood. I have no ideas if there were other victims

sandstorm2001 03-22-2014 03:57 PM

If you don't lock your doors you're asking for it.

ccured 03-22-2014 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandstorm2001 (Post 4118895)
If you don't lock your doors you're asking for it.

Yeah ok. Allowing it to happen and asking for it are two different things.

rioninusc 03-22-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JaxcockFL (Post 4118802)
First off, getting woken up by the cops on a Saturday just sets the tone for a crap sandwich of a day.

Second, lock your stuff. I'm lucky that when I have forgotten to lock my car, nothing got taken...except when some punk got caught going through cars and stealing cigarettes and spare change. he got caught, and his mom was trying to defend it. "Oh..it's just cigarettes, nothing important.

That's the same mom that would sue you if their son got injured/killed trying to steal something from you.

2000grad 03-22-2014 07:31 PM

I know what you mean. I hady car broken into years ago.

crowcutta 03-22-2014 08:59 PM

my father had just got a new 3 ton floor jack to aid him in some work he was doing in the backyard on his car. he stopped working on it as it got dark and left it underneath the car overnight, next morning its gone. worse thing his new next door neighbor had just approached him a couple days before asking him if he wanted to buy a 19 inch tv and when he said no, the guy responds with im trying to give you a deal because i can get more than that from a pawn shop. needless to say he's heated and was half contemplating electrifying his fence.

thieves are the worst and like you said even if you dont lose anything of value, you still feel violated.

poppabeary3 03-23-2014 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4118666)
Thanks I really rarely leave anything in my truck anymore because someone went through it years ago when I lived in Columbia. Kids looking for money then and now I assume. That time I got in my truck and new something was off but couldn't place it. Was half way to work and reached for a cigarette and realized they were gone. They took about $30 in change and 3 packs of cigarettes and my coat then. Hate a theif

Have to ask about this...$30? Really? At best, that would be 120 coins. All quarters. Do you store your change in the glove box? Truck bed?

scfanz 03-23-2014 02:40 AM

My car was broken in to about seven years ago. It was in my driveway also. Thieves have to be one of the lowest scum on earth.

Gyle41386 03-23-2014 03:04 AM

My car was broken into in Five Points a few years ago (in the Harper's parking lot of all places, WTF) and my CD player was ripped out. I had gotten a new job that afternoon, so I had a ton of paperwork sitting in my glove box, like a copy of my social security card and a few other things. They didn't even bother with the important stuff and jacked the head unit, which they probably didn't get more than $150 for. Definitely dodged a bullet there, but yeah, I was still weirded out that people had that opportunity.