CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Jacob August? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205272)

NJGCfan 03-22-2014 03:12 PM

Jacob August?
 
Walk-on TE that was supposed to get a shot at punting. With the progress reports we have been getting from practice and scrimmages it seems anything is an improvement over our current situation. Anyone with an idea if August will get a chance punting?

Gamecockfanatic4 03-23-2014 03:47 AM

Re: Jacob August?
 
I dont remember hearing anything about him getting a shot at punting

Spurticus 03-23-2014 07:22 AM

Re: Jacob August?
 
If he can punt like people are saying he can ... Fine, but the way he's played
the TE Position in practice the past couple of days, I see this guy becoming
a starting TE for the team as well....... I think it would depend on whether
or not we pick up another punter over the summer (walk on).

My main concern is who are we going to get to do the Kick Off duties ?
Landon Ard is the guy right now, but that's basically because He's all we've
got right now, and let me say as a KO specialist who will be replacing
Adam Yates as a senior last year...........Ard reminds you of Adam Yates
as a freshman Walk On.

The Yancey 03-23-2014 09:42 AM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurticus (Post 4119144)
let me say as a KO specialist who will be replacing
Adam Yates as a senior last year...........Ard reminds you of Adam Yates
as a freshman Walk On.

:lol:

CockyCody 03-23-2014 01:02 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
I can't imagine anyone being much worse or as ineffective as Hull. There has got to be someone out of all of our guys that can punt a ball 40 yards consistently! I cried about this all of last year and I can't believe that I am going to have to do it again this year!!

FanofCarolina1 03-23-2014 01:09 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
So, what's Patrick Fish's duties other than making youtube videos?

lakefire 03-23-2014 01:21 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4119218)
So, what's Patrick Fish's duties other than making youtube videos?

Do believe he's our holder; which is a pretty crucial role in field goals.

ConwayGamecock 03-23-2014 02:14 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurticus (Post 4119144)
If he can punt like people are saying he can ... Fine, but the way he's played
the TE Position in practice the past couple of days, I see this guy becoming
a starting TE for the team as well
....... I think it would depend on whether
or not we pick up another punter over the summer (walk on).

My main concern is who are we going to get to do the Kick Off duties ?
Landon Ard is the guy right now, but that's basically because He's all we've
got right now, and let me say as a KO specialist who will be replacing
Adam Yates as a senior last year...........Ard reminds you of Adam Yates
as a freshman Walk On.

That's surprising, unless you mean down the road in a year or two: besides our regular starters in Anderson and Adams returning, we already have returners in Owens and Rainey, not to mention having used OL Zandi in a blocking TE role last season. Don't know if that will continue. Then we have either Crosby or Ritchie (can't remember which right now) incoming as a DiMarco-type halfback role that involves lining up as a TE on occasion.

We have tons of depth at the TE position...would be surprising for a walk-on TE to wade through all that depth, even if he is a preferred WO....

InletCock1989 03-23-2014 02:46 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FanofCarolina1 (Post 4119218)
So, what's Patrick Fish's duties other than making youtube videos?

Growing his hair?

InletCock1989 03-23-2014 02:48 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ConwayGamecock (Post 4119284)
That's surprising, unless you mean down the road in a year or two: besides our regular starters in Anderson and Adams returning, we already have returners in Owens and Rainey, not to mention having used OL Zandi in a blocking TE role last season. Don't know if that will continue. Then we have either Crosby or Ritchie (can't remember which right now) incoming as a DiMarco-type halfback role that involves lining up as a TE on occasion.

We have tons of depth at the TE position...would be surprising for a walk-on TE to wade through all that depth, even if he is a preferred WO....

Well if the guy is catching everything but a cold and snagging un-catchable balls! Then he finds the field some way

uscsandstorm85 03-23-2014 04:34 PM

Re: Jacob August?
 
Anything would be a improvement for our special teams.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:45 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.