CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Flavored or Regular Bottled Water? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205346)

GapoGamecock51 03-25-2014 09:09 PM

Flavored or Regular Bottled Water?

What do yall drink? I have been drinking:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aLTre3dEhK...00/fruit20.jpg

http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/06...46_500X500.jpg

And Dasani's flavored water is good as well.

Gapo

The Yancey 03-25-2014 09:12 PM

Re: Flavored or Regular Bottled Water?

Water from the faucet with a squeeze of lemon.

Spur's Addiction 03-25-2014 09:13 PM

Just from the faucet. It costs pennies and doesn't waste a bunch of packaging.

GapoGamecock51 03-25-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spur's Addiction (Post 4121121)
Just from the faucet. It costs pennies and doesn't waste a bunch of packaging.

I've been meaning to try steeping fruit in bottles of water....Haven't gotten around to it........Regular water use to make me sick.....I'm drinking this now trying to lose weight, its a somewhat losing battle, but I do enjoy the water.

Gapo

Spur's Addiction 03-25-2014 09:28 PM

Lot's of people don't like the chlorine taste. A charcoal filter (brita) can take of that. I like it plain but a squirt of lemon juice can add just enough flavor.

Natalie83 03-25-2014 09:29 PM

I drink tap water. I drink a lot of water, so the tap is the way to go. It's much more cost effective.

bigdog2003 03-25-2014 10:02 PM

I fill my water bottle up about 10 times a day. Straight tap water for me.

ccured 03-25-2014 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Natalie83 (Post 4121143)
I drink tap water. I drink a lot of water, so the tap is the way to go. It's much more cost effective.

I have like 5 or 6 of the liter and half bottles that I have bought from Publix. I just keep them and refill all of them and take one with me to work everyday. Make sure I drink at least that while I work and usually more at home.

nicstockman 03-25-2014 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GapoGamecock51 (Post 4121129)
I've been meaning to try steeping fruit in bottles of water....Haven't gotten around to it........Regular water use to make me sick.....I'm drinking this now trying to lose weight, its a somewhat losing battle, but I do enjoy the water.

Gapo

I bought my wife one of those fruit infusion water bottles from BB&B a week or two ago. Works really well and much better tasting than just plain water, IMO. One of these guys:

http://www.casadm.com/wp-content/uploads/120129AF.jpg

I can only drink plain water after I've gone running or had a really intense workout. Otherwise, I have to flavor it with something. My company has free packets of crystal light in the kitchens so I typically go with that along with water from the water cooler.

Gamecocks321 03-25-2014 10:14 PM

I just drink plain water from our fridge. Water during the week, water/soda on the weekend.

RGHoskins 03-25-2014 10:23 PM

Can't drink the tap water where I work. I buy a liter on my way in every day and add a couple squeezes of Dasani raspberry to it.

ShutTheSuccop 03-25-2014 10:25 PM

Filtered tap water through the fridge...sometimes flavored with lemon or cucumber

Since I started detox diet, I have dropped all soda and flavored water due to artificial sweeteners for the time being and I haven't missed them one bit.

COCKYWOOD 03-25-2014 10:27 PM

Plain filtered water or with Ultimate Replenisher .

usc90grad 03-25-2014 10:38 PM

Deerpark..about 6-8 bottles a day.

3MTA3 03-25-2014 10:40 PM

Relying solely on bottled water, or refilling your plastic bottles daily, is absolutely bad for your health,

I go with a water filter to refill my BPA-free Nalgene bottle. Why anyone would go any other route is beyond me. But, hey- it's your body...put whatever crap into it you want.

GamecockNeal 03-25-2014 11:04 PM

Bottled water....one of the worst ideas to come around in a long time. Expensive and most importantly, it is terrible for the environment. One of a single biggest ways for an individual to leave a negative footprint on the world. Good old tap water was fine for us before and it still is. If you want a brita or some crap then go for it.

taylorssc 03-25-2014 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4121313)
Bottled water....one of the worst ideas to come around in a long time. Expensive and most importantly, it is terrible for the environment. One of a single biggest ways for an individual to leave a negative footprint on the world. Good old tap water was fine for us before and it still is. If you want a brita or some crap then go for it.

How is the tap water in Korea?

bigdog2003 03-25-2014 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockNeal (Post 4121313)

I heard a parent tell their kid last summer not to drink from the hose outside because it would make them sick. That's all we drunk from when I was a kid and we stayed outside all day during the summer.

GamecockNeal 03-25-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4121316)
How is the tap water in Korea?

Perfectly fine man. I appreciate you asking. However, there are a few instances where it isnt recommended, such as older buildings where the pipes are not good for tap water. In fact, you can have a water cooler in your house and with unlimited jug refills each month for about 10 dollars if you choose. Many people choose to because its cheap and they say it tastes a bit better (a sentiment offered by many in this thread).

usc90grad 03-25-2014 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4121317)
I heard a parent tell their kid last summer not to drink from the hose outside because it would make them sick. That's all we drunk from when I was a kid and we stayed outside all day during the summer.

Some older homes have copper pipes. Maybe that was the case?