CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Clemosn fans rush the court...again (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205355)

LBC 03-26-2014 09:54 AM

Clemosn fans rush the court...again

Maybe someone in the athletic department needs to explain to the Clemson faithful who Belmont is and that the ACC is supposed to win these kind of games.

Even the Belmont players were laughing at their fans. Literally saying...'We're Belmont?'...what are these people doing?

FYI...Belmont is a small private Christian school in Nashville with less than 7,000 students. They play in the Ohio Valley Conference. Sure they have a good team but for the love of all things respectable act like you've been there before...even if you have to fake it.

The ESPN guys were laughing and joking them as well.

It doesn't make you look like die hard fans. It makes you look like clueless and desperate ones.

gamecockphan 03-26-2014 09:56 AM

Re: Clemosn fans rush the court...again

They rush the field after almost every home footbball win so it's no surprise.

USCBatgirl21 03-26-2014 10:00 AM

They are on their way to MSG, something our men's team would kill to be doing right now.

Let them have their fun.

Sir Cuss 03-26-2014 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gamecockphan (Post 4121503)
They rush the field after almost every home footbball win so it's no surprise.

They rush the field after every football game, but it isn't about winning. It's their tradition. Now, this basketball rushing-the-court thing...that's a joke. Damn taters.

jrussjr 03-26-2014 10:30 AM

clem's thinking:

Belmont beat UNC in Chapel Hill this year, we just beat Belmont...we now have won in Chapel Hill!!!

:rotfl:

Legalman72 03-26-2014 10:40 AM

Meh. Tell them to call us when they WIN the Dave Odom Invitational...twice...back-to-back.

2000grad 03-26-2014 10:51 AM

It's like they are still in high school

Latti 03-26-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 (Post 4121507)
They are on their way to MSG, something our men's team would kill to be doing right now.

Let them have their fun.

I remember USC fans getting a lot of grief when we won 2 NIT championships.

Roosterboy 03-26-2014 11:07 AM

Don't believe we rushed the floor when we won an NIT game...and we did it two years in a row.

Did we rush the floor when we beat No. 1 Kentucky...yes, because they were ranked NO. 1.

if Clemson was truly a basketball school, like they say they are, they would be pissed to be in the NIT...basketball schools shoot for NCAA or bust...schools that just play basketball are happy to make the NIT.

Right now, I'd be happy if we were in the NIT, but I wouldn't rush the floor if we won a game in it...I wasn't even that happy when we won the NIT titles (great, we're No. 66, or whatever number means you weren't good enough to make the Dance).

Roosterboy 03-26-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Latti (Post 4121558)
I remember USC fans getting a lot of grief when we won 2 NIT championships.

Yes, but that was when the NIT was a dumb-downed field.
This year, it is stacked with teams that should've been in the tournament ;-).

I'll say it again...I wish we were in the NIT...just to get the extra games in for our young team...but that is how I would view the NIT...let's keep winning just so we can keep playing and building to next season.

That is what the NIT is...a springboard for you to get a young team post season experience and make a run to the Dance the next season.

Michigan did it a few years ago...we obviously did not.

FearThethumbandDJ 03-26-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4121564)
Yes, but that was when the NIT was a dumb-downed field.
This year, it is stacked with teams that should've been in the tournament ;-).

I'll say it again...I wish we were in the NIT...just to get the extra games in for our young team...but that is how I would view the NIT...let's keep winning just so we can keep playing and building to next season.

That is what the NIT is...a springboard for you to get a young team post season experience and make a run to the Dance the next season.

Michigan did it a few years ago...we obviously did not.

Tell em tater

Woody7687 03-26-2014 11:58 AM

Do they not realize they are playing in a tournament where the winner is crowned the 69th best team in the country. This is far from court rushing worthy. Oh well #clemsoning.

Regalcock 03-26-2014 12:26 PM

They also dog pile if they win 1/3 from the YardCocks

rrsandersjr 03-26-2014 12:40 PM

another first for Clemson, its the first time of the history of Belmont basketball that the court has been rushed by a team's fans that have just defeated them

5lbYardcock 03-26-2014 12:41 PM

We won the NIT 2 times and never rushed the court. Poor kitties, they suck.

Spur's Addiction 03-26-2014 12:52 PM

Well they gotta celebrate something in tater town. Might as well be a win over Belmont.

uscGRAD04 03-26-2014 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jrussjr (Post 4121529)
clem's thinking:

Belmont beat UNC in Chapel Hill this year, we just beat Belmont...we now have won in Chapel Hill!!!

:rotfl:

So Belmont has won at Chapel Hill, yet Taters still haven't. Geesh

Carolina Pride 03-26-2014 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FearThethumbandDJ (Post 4121590)
Tell em tater

what is this, tigernet now?

ApexCock 03-26-2014 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCBatgirl21 (Post 4121507)

Let them have their fun.

You're kidding, right. Sorry, I'm a gamecock and hope they never have fun in anything! Their fans are terrible and I just wish all the un-fun on them that they so much deserve (forever)....

paynemd2 03-26-2014 03:43 PM

Let's not forget we had fans rush the court this year with a regular season win over a Kentucky team that was ranked #17. Not exactly a reason to rush the floor either.