CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Tennessee Series (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205380)

Cocklover 03-27-2014 08:51 AM

Tennessee Series
 
It will be interesting to see how they handle this series....60% chance of rain tomorrow and 80% chance on Saturday.

davidmc467 03-27-2014 08:57 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Tripleheader Sunday!

But seriously....It looks like the weather may clear out or at least diminish by Saturday night. Soggy field...but they'd at least be able to get a game in then. Then, maybe a doubleheader Sunday?

jojaba71 03-27-2014 09:08 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.

TrueGarnet 03-27-2014 09:12 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
I woke up this AM wondering the same. I have Saturday tickets. I'm inclined to go ahead and get a hotel reserved for Saturday evening under the thoughts that Saturdays game will be either Saturday, but if not, Sunday.......Is that a fair assumption considering Friday is sketchy as well?

usc1 03-27-2014 09:25 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Why does it rain on every other weekend series?

Luke Skycocker 03-27-2014 10:08 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
I'd try to play a doubleheader tomorrow starting at 3 or so. Chance of rain is only 40% tomorrow night where I'm looking

Cocklover 03-27-2014 10:40 AM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
I always go by WISTV... www.wistv.com and if you look at the 7 day forecast they have 60% chance tomorrow and 80% on Saturday. It showed the line rain being here early afternoon on Friday through evening. There's a break somewhere until it starts again around 11AM on Saturday.

Cocklover 03-27-2014 12:32 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Now it's a 70% chance tomorrow and 90% on Saturday...


http://www.wistv.com/category/200410...7-day-forecast

Latt7more 03-27-2014 12:56 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojaba71 (Post 4122204)
Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.

I don't think they do.

smoovecock 03-27-2014 12:57 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
I really want to see Monty pitch a good conference game...The pizza is starting to cool on him...

Tony 03-27-2014 01:59 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Glad I don't have tickets to the Cup on Saturday, it will be a drunk nasty mess.

behindenemylines 03-27-2014 03:45 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
This has to be a sweep, right? Not that we are in must sweep mode, but just to re-establish ourselves.

Roosterboy 03-27-2014 03:52 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
The key this weekend is getting Monty back on track...we do that and this series shouldn't be a problem.

Roosterboy 03-27-2014 03:52 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by behindenemylines (Post 4122453)
This has to be a sweep, right? Not that we are in must sweep mode, but just to re-establish ourselves.

I don't think it is a must sweep series...but certainly a must-win series.

GabbieM 03-27-2014 07:45 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
After reviewing the SEC rules for weather problems.. and also thinking it through on multiple weather models.. the rain is most likely coming for sure through Sat evening.

TN shouldn't stay until Monday due to traveling rules etc.. so the worst case scenario will be the following:

Double header Sunday with two seven inning games. The third game could be entirely skipped under this scenario.

We'll see how the field holds up to the rain Sat morning/afternoon and hopefully the rain will pull out before 4pm to allow for it to be worked on. Right now, it looks like it could stay until 8 or 9pm.

I don't base "rain chances" off the weather channel type sites that go hour by hour by the way as they're highly inconsistent... Friday seems to be a definite no. Maybe some times can be shifted around etc to try and get a third game in. We'll see.

jojaba71 03-27-2014 07:49 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4122695)
After reviewing the SEC rules for weather problems.. and also thinking it through on multiple weather models.. the rain is most likely coming for sure through Sat evening.

TN shouldn't stay until Monday due to traveling rules etc.. so the worst case scenario will be the following:

Double header Sunday with two seven inning games. The third game could be entirely skipped under this scenario.

We'll see how the field holds up to the rain Sat morning/afternoon and hopefully the rain will pull out before 4pm to allow for it to be worked on. Right now, it looks like it could stay until 8 or 9pm.

I don't base "rain chances" off the weather channel type sites that go hour by hour by the way as they're highly inconsistent... Friday seems to be a definite no. Maybe some times can be shifted around etc to try and get a third game in. We'll see.

Thanks for the research.

GabbieM 03-27-2014 07:50 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Fwiw; here is a snippet of the discussion from our local guys at the National Weather Service/NOAA:

Quote:

CONFIDENCE IN
RAINFALL AMOUNTS REMAINS LOW FOR SATURDAY AS MODELS CONTINUE TO
HAVE A HARD TIME HANDLING THE EVENT. THEREFORE...HAVE CONTINUED
LEANING TOWARD THE MORE CONSISTENT GFS...WITH ONE QUARTER INCH OR
LESS EXPECTED THROUGH THE DAY SATURDAY.



That is encouraging to have lower amounts being shown. Also, the "GFS" computer model they speak of tends to over do rainfall a lot of times.

GapoGamecock51 03-27-2014 07:51 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4122197)
It will be interesting to see how they handle this series....60% chance of rain tomorrow and 80% chance on Saturday.

Friday or Sunday I'll gladly work a double header, if it means I get to be there for the entirety of my baby's first birthday party.


Gapo

ConwayGamecock 03-27-2014 09:31 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojaba71 (Post 4122204)
Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.

I don't even think they allow for late evening games on Sunday.....don't they have a 3:45 pm Sunday rule for traveling SEC teams during conference play? UGA and LSU's Sunday game last weekend ended as a 2-2 Tie officially because it went 13 innings and encroached into the deadline for Sunday games. Also think traveling teams are not allowed per SEC rule to stay overnight on Sundays, in order to not miss Monday classes. I think this may apply for traveling teams that travel by airways: don't know if UT will fly or travel by bus, but I also could be wrong about this as well....

We may see a situation where a game or games of this series is cancelled due to weather, and simply not made up. That also happened with us last year at Vanderbilt, where our Sunday gm with them was cancelled due to rain and never made up: we ultimately ended up only playing 29 SEC gms as opposed to 30, going 17-12 overall....

aftertwobowls 03-27-2014 09:44 PM

Re: Tennessee Series
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jojaba71 (Post 4122204)
Does SEC allow games to be played on Monday? I can't remember. I know they play some Monday games in the ACC.

The ACC plays one Saturday-Monday series a week, and the SEC plays one Thursday-Saturday series a week once conference play starts. Both the series usually get 2 of their games on the ESPN networks every week. Missouri @ Auburn is on ESPNU right now.

.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.