CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Eats (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Burger Kings angry whopper (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205397)

M.C. 03-27-2014 10:47 PM

Burger Kings angry whopper

Is actually pretty good has anyone else tried one

Just enough heat and the sauce they put on it is amazing

Thenardier 03-27-2014 11:19 PM

Re: Burger Kings angry whopper

Not I, while I enjoy BK, overly spicy foods upset my stomach, I actually had BK for lunch today, got my usual double cheeseburger, but also tried out a "Ranch"?? Burger. Just a cheeseburger with BBQ sauce and onion rings on top, was rather good, even if the onion rings were fake as hell.

Cockypantherfan 03-27-2014 11:21 PM

BK is the dregs of fast food.. Had some bad experiences in the past.

Coulwoodwarlord 03-27-2014 11:32 PM

Met the mother of my four children at the Bk. She was behind the counter. That was when they hired hot white chicks back in the late 70's. Things change, but I always loved the "flame broiled" taste. They use to actually stick them over an open flame. I didn't say cook mind you, just set them on the grill and turn them. I'm not interested in an Angry Whopper............

M.C. 03-27-2014 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coulwoodwarlord (Post 4122818)
Met the mother of my four children at the Bk. She was behind the counter. That was when they hired hot white chicks back in the late 70's. Things change, but I always loved the "flame broiled" taste. They use to actually stick them over an open flame. I didn't say cook mind you, just set them on the grill and turn them. I'm not interested in an Angry Whopper............

When I worked at bk when I was 16 we just put them through a machine then has they would come out we would put them in a hot box to finish them off

SanAntonioCock 03-27-2014 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4122820)
When I worked at bk when I was 16 we just put them through a machine then has they would come out we would put them in a hot box to finish them off

White chicks?

Ole Gregg 03-27-2014 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4122825)
White chicks?

I think I saw that movie.

eightohhthree 03-28-2014 08:08 AM

I eat Burger King like twice a year and it's usually when Im on vacation in Destin or Gulf Shores for some reason. Have no idea why that is, just seems to be the case. Hard to beat a Whopper when its hot and fresh. The problem with Burger King seems to be it's inconsistency with food. I've had some pretty sad Whoppers in my life as well.

I still remember the Burger King in Irmo on Broad River near Waffle House and Friarsgate. Im pretty sure that is the worst Burger King on Planet Earth. The drive through always took like 20 minutes to get through... insane. One time I asked the window girl why this particular BK takes 10X longer than others (not in a rude way).

Her answer "if ya'll know it's slow, then why ya'll keep coming here". I didnt know what to say to that.

bigdog2003 03-28-2014 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eightohhthree (Post 4122875)
I eat Burger King like twice a year and it's usually when Im on vacation in Destin or Gulf Shores for some reason. Have no idea why that is, just seems to be the case. Hard to beat a Whopper when its hot and fresh. The problem with Burger King seems to be it's inconsistency with food. I've had some pretty sad Whoppers in my life as well.

I still remember the Burger King in Irmo on Broad River near Waffle House and Friarsgate. Im pretty sure that is the worst Burger King on Planet Earth. The drive through always took like 20 minutes to get through... insane. One time I asked the window girl why this particular BK takes 10X longer than others (not in a rude way).

Her answer "if ya'll know it's slow, then why ya'll keep coming here". I didnt know what to say to that.

The one in Newberry might have that beaten. They ran out of burger patties one day. How does that happen?

Travelin 03-28-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4122825)
White chicks?

Shouldn't this thread be called "Jerry Springer Eats at Burger King?"

or "My Babies Mama had an Angry Whopper?"

Gamecockfanatic4 03-28-2014 02:12 PM

love me an Angry Whopper

USCfootball 03-28-2014 07:08 PM

Quote:

Were you a customer? I'd like to hear the story

USCfootball 03-28-2014 07:10 PM

I actually really enjoy BK's breakfast.

If I'm constipated, I get a Whopper Jr, + cheese - tomatoe, with onion rings and zesty sauce. After the last bite you can set your watch to 30 minutes and I'm relieved.

Nassau Gamecock 03-29-2014 08:57 AM

In my Junior year I worked at the BK across from the horseshoe. Good thing was that you could eat free and as I had no money, I lived on Whoppers for a Worked fries- still have some scars on my forearms, drinks and the cash register. Also worked the Friday night cleaning crew- we'd get beer from the Campus club, stash it in the cooler and "clean and sip". got paid extra for that!
Held me over from Christmas break to the end of the semester until my summer job started. Only hassle was going to afternoon classes after working a lunch shift smelling like a French fry.

Cock Kool-Aid 03-29-2014 09:04 AM

Had some good Angries when they first came out. Tried it again recently and it was not nearly angry enough for my taste. The BK by my house is a POS though and I pray for their demise. They don't deserve to continue operating.

U-Dub Gamecock 04-20-2014 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigdog2003 (Post 4122880)
The one in Newberry might have that beaten. They ran out of burger patties one day. How does that happen?

I have been to a Pizza Hut (Walterboro)... We walked in.... "Im sorry, but we are out of dough"... After that experience, nothing surprises me.

ColaCock 04-20-2014 04:50 PM

I find Burger King to be pretty gross...haven't ate at one in quite a few years.

That "grilled burger" odor they put out from their chimneys is a nuisance and false advertising.

If I am going to eat a fast food burger from a major chain, it is likely going to be Wendy's.

cockymac 04-20-2014 05:38 PM

Used to like BK, but now its bad. Really bad.

HeadCockFan 04-20-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nassau Gamecock (Post 4123613)
In my Junior year I worked at the BK across from the horseshoe. Good thing was that you could eat free and as I had no money, I lived on Whoppers for a Worked fries- still have some scars on my forearms, drinks and the cash register. Also worked the Friday night cleaning crew- we'd get beer from the Campus club, stash it in the cooler and "clean and sip". got paid extra for that!
Held me over from Christmas break to the end of the semester until my summer job started. Only hassle was going to afternoon classes after working a lunch shift smelling like a French fry.

Funny how the lot where that BK stood is still vacant. I saw so many drunken fights there in the 90s.

1SCFanInPAUntilNow 04-20-2014 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U-Dub Gamecock (Post 4139150)
I have been to a Pizza Hut (Walterboro)... We walked in.... "Im sorry, but we are out of dough"... After that experience, nothing surprises me.

The Pizza Hut in Walterboro needs to be deleted from this world.