CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Where are you buying your ammo? (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205403)

nicstockman 03-28-2014 08:31 AM

Where are you buying your ammo?

.22 ammo is near impossible to find in a retail store. I'm trying to stock up some so I keep checking wal-mart and such but they rarely ever have any of what I'm looking for. Do you guys order ammo online?

auslander 03-28-2014 09:01 AM

Re: Where are you buying your ammo?

Aim surplus is good about ammo and also sportsmans guide has had free shipping. I think they had some 22 last time I looked.

spareparts 03-28-2014 11:08 AM

Academy

jccgogamecocks 03-28-2014 01:21 PM

Try the magazine nachez. What kind of 22 round are you looking for and what quantity. There is a hardware store in Denmark S.C. that carries a lot of 22 amo just not cci stingers or any special rounds like that. They usually have remington and winchester rounds though.

JNGolf 03-28-2014 01:37 PM

Edwin Watts

nicstockman 03-28-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks (Post 4123046)
Try the magazine nachez. What kind of 22 round are you looking for and what quantity. There is a hardware store in Denmark S.C. that carries a lot of 22 amo just not cci stingers or any special rounds like that. They usually have remington and winchester rounds though.

.22LR - thanks for the info. I try to keep 500 - 1000 rounds on hand in case I get the urge to spend a Saturday afternoon at the range. 9mm and 30.06 are also on my list of needs, but I can typically find those in the retailers.

jccgogamecocks 03-28-2014 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nicstockman (Post 4123091)
.22LR - thanks for the info. I try to keep 500 - 1000 rounds on hand in case I get the urge to spend a Saturday afternoon at the range. 9mm and 30.06 are also on my list of needs, but I can typically find those in the retailers.

The store in Denmark is Brookers hardware. I would call first but they usually have plenty. I love to spend any day popping off rounds but it has got a little expensive here lately. 22 is the only way to afford shooting these days. A box of bullets for my7mm wsm cost 50 bucks so they are only for hunting. Turkey season now so I can scratch that itch with the shotgun.

nicstockman 03-28-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jccgogamecocks (Post 4123135)
The store in Denmark is Brookers hardware. I would call first but they usually have plenty. I love to spend any day popping off rounds but it has got a little expensive here lately. 22 is the only way to afford shooting these days. A box of bullets for my7mm wsm cost 50 bucks so they are only for hunting. Turkey season now so I can scratch that itch with the shotgun.

That's what got me checking my stock and realizing I was low!