CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   A&M QB Arrested (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205422)

Travelin 03-28-2014 07:32 PM

A&M QB Arrested

Texas A&M quarterback Kenny Hill has been arrested and charged with public intoxication, as first reported by the Bryan-College Station Eagle.
Hill is expected to compete for the vacant starting quarterback position.
Quote:

When asked who the current president of the United States was, Hill reportedly answered "Bush" and told officers his name was "Kennedy," authorities said.
The Eagle reports Hill's alleged crime is a Class C misdemeanor, with a potential fine of $445. The former four-star prospect played in four games as a true freshman last season, completing 16-of-22 passes for 183 yards and one touchdown.

Hill is expected to compete with senior Matt Joeckel (22-of-37 for 293 yards and two touchdowns) and true freshman Kyle Allen (the top quarterback in the class of 2013) for the starting job.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...xas-a-m-arrest

taylorssc 03-28-2014 07:40 PM

Re: A&M QB Arrested

they should cut the kid some slack, it's spring break.

Luke Skycocker 03-28-2014 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4123272)

Yea, because that's a great reason..

taylorssc 03-28-2014 08:13 PM

honestly, I don't even think this is newsworthy. only reason it's reported is so the local paper can use his name to generate site visits in the hope of increasing ad revenue.

//// ** BREAKING NEWS ** \\\\
This just in, college kid caught drinking during Spring Break.

Copperhead 03-28-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4123278)

:lol:Those damned Thursday nights!

Natty Sc 03-28-2014 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4123272)

That's What Stephen Garcia said

CockyInGA 03-28-2014 09:44 PM

Yeah...cut the kid some slack because he's still only 18 and it's still illegal.

(Don't give me any of that "everyone in college drinks" bullshit either. Break the law...just don't do stupid shit or get caught).

taylorssc 03-28-2014 10:05 PM

excitable crowd tonight.

i think if he's old enough to take a bullet in foreign soil, he's old enough for beer. that doesn't mean he should drink to excess, but it's college. it's a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes. more often than not, those mistakes happen on spring break.

call it what you want. i call it reality. nobody is born into greatness. it's a tedious process of trial & error. let's just hope this is a learning experience for him.

ConwayGamecock 03-28-2014 10:27 PM

Quote:

Hill was passed out in a planter full of rocks and plants in front of the restaurant-bar when officers arrived, police said in the arrest report.
Rook...if you're going to get stinking plastered while under-aged, at least go pass out in the trash dumpster in the back alley. The upperclassmen at Texas A&M will hopefully school you on the finer points.

We had a baseball player do that here in the past, and he was never heard from again. I understand he's now in Federal witness protection out in New Mexico....

Sir Cuss 03-28-2014 11:09 PM

It doesn't matter what you THINK should be the law. He is underage for drinking alcohol.

Travelin 03-29-2014 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4123388)
excitable crowd tonight.

I think if he's old enough to take a bullet in foreign soil, he's old enough for beer. that doesn't mean he should drink to excess, but it's college. it's a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes. more often than not, those mistakes happen on spring break.

call it what you want. i call it reality. nobody is born into greatness. it's a tedious process of trial & error. let's just hope this is a learning experience for him.

I agree. Also, he's not old enough to drink, but he's old enough to have his name released to the public when getting in trouble?

Cock Kool-Aid 03-29-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luke Skycocker (Post 4123278)

Some people actually cut loose in college as opposed to spending all of their time on an online forum.

CockyInGA 03-29-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4123388)
excitable crowd tonight.

i think if he's old enough to take a bullet in foreign soil, he's old enough for beer. that doesn't mean he should drink to excess, but it's college. it's a great opportunity to learn from your mistakes. more often than not, those mistakes happen on spring break.

Johnny Manziel would beg to differ...

Travelin 03-29-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Texas A&M athletic department spokesman Alan Cannon confirmed that Hill is "suspended indefinitely from all athletic activities per athletics department policy."
Since when does Hyman have a spokesman? I bet Hyman will make an example out of Hill after he had to put up with so much from Johnny Football...

My crystal ball says Hill will transfer be the season's end.

theo_robbins 03-29-2014 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4123611)
Some people actually cut loose in college as opposed to spending all of their time on an online forum.

lololololololol

JoeCock 03-29-2014 01:06 PM

I just assumed he was trying to follow in the footsteps of Johnny Football.
Didn't he do the same thing?

Seemed to workout pretty well for him.
I guess this kid will get asked to leave the Manning Academy next.:lol: