CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   What phone (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205515)

Cockdiesel7 03-31-2014 01:40 PM

What phone

I finally think I'm going to upgrade from my iPhone 4. I shattered it yesterday and I am wondering what phones are good? I text a decent amount, large screens dont bother me, I get on internet regularly on it. Im looking at the note 3, galaxy s5, and the HTC One M8 but open to any other ideas. I dont really want another iPhone. Ive read a lot of reviews and watched plenty of reviews but I want someone to tell me how they like them after having them for a while. Does anyone have any of these and like them or know anything about them?

snruter amabon 03-31-2014 02:00 PM

Re: What phone

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 (Post 4125236)
I finally think I'm going to upgrade from my iPhone 4. I shattered it yesterday and I am wondering what phones are good? I text a decent amount, large screens dont bother me, I get on internet regularly on it. Im looking at the note 3, galaxy s5, and the HTC One M8 but open to any other ideas. I dont really want another iPhone. Ive read a lot of reviews and watched plenty of reviews but I want someone to tell me how they like them after having them for a while. Does anyone have any of these and like them or know anything about them?

I have been thinking of switching to the LG Flex. Sexy phone.

Cockdiesel7 03-31-2014 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snruter amabon (Post 4125246)
I have been thinking of switching to the LG Flex. Sexy phone.

was looking at it, then realized verizon doesn't carry it

snruter amabon 03-31-2014 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockdiesel7 (Post 4125252)
was looking at it, then realized verizon doesn't carry it

Oh sorry, I am with Sprint

espn4lyf 03-31-2014 02:13 PM

Galaxy s5

weatheredxtown 03-31-2014 02:22 PM

I love my iPhone 5c but since you don't want another phone, my mom has a Windows phone and she loves it. Plus I know Verizon carries quite a few of those.

Jim Lahey 03-31-2014 02:29 PM

If you're looking for something besides an iphone, go with the gs5. LG sucks

COCKYWOOD 03-31-2014 03:50 PM

Why does it really matter how a phone looks? We all put covers on them.

aftertwobowls 03-31-2014 04:59 PM

I just got the LG G2 and like it pretty good. I especially like the IR hub, so I can use it as a remote. I'd also recommend the Nexus 5, Moto X, Droid Maxx, HTC One (M8), and Galaxy S4 or S5.

Cockdiesel7 03-31-2014 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COCKYWOOD (Post 4125344)
Why does it really matter how a phone looks? We all put covers on them.

I dont care how it looks. I want a good preforming one

flocox 03-31-2014 06:25 PM

nexus 5 . pure android without bloatware. Kitkat 4.4 OS is very stable and fast.

GamecockInAugusta 04-01-2014 02:09 AM

You can't put the Nexus 5 on Verizon as far as I know.
From someone who has the first, HTC One, you can't really go wrong with the M8. Dual camera functionality looks pretty neat, but the battery life is not going to be spectacular. Hopefully Mophie releases a case for it like they did for the One. The Galaxy S5 should be good, however Samsung has been botching updates lately. One a few months ago made it to wear some car chargers wouldn't work. One that just rolled out has been draining batteries pretty badly. The processor and camera will be top notch, and you will also have a removable battery with the S5, which is not the case with the M8 or most other phones now.

I would go on some review sites like CNET.com and Gizmodo and Engadget and look the phones up, see what the pros say about them.

SouthCGC 04-01-2014 12:43 PM

how bad is your shattered phone? I might want to buy it from you or I can fix it for a reasonable price...

taylorssc 04-01-2014 12:50 PM

i have an iPhone 5s and a galaxy s4. was excited about the samsung, but it's becoming very glitchy. battery drain on any android device is terrible also. id say get a super cheap phone if you can, and wait for apple to introduce a larger screen on the iphone.

uscnoklahoma 04-01-2014 01:39 PM

I like my Windows. I have a Nokia 920 running on straighttalk and couldn't be happier.