CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205535)

JustAskin 04-01-2014 07:59 AM

Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks

Press Release - Monday, March 31, 2014 – 5 O’Cock PM

Clemson, SC - Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich held his weekly meeting with the media and announced that he fully understands all the fan frustration with mounting losses and losing streaks to the University of South Carolina. “The Gamecocks have had our number and whipped our butts. We are all very tired of it and that ends today!”

DRad stated the Jacksonville State Gamecocks would be added to all future schedules across every sport. “We will kick these Gamecock teams’ tails, I guarantee it! Additionally, we are all excited about getting to visit the Florida beaches and that’s why I insisted all series be on a home and home arrangement, we will play at Jacksonville State this year on November 22.”

SID Tim Boreu stated that this will be the first time for Clemson to play Gamecocks in back-to-back weeks since Bruce Ellington beat the Tigers in football and basketball in 2011.

Also present at this afternoon’s press conference were Head Football Coach Dabo Swinney and Jack Leggett, HoF Baseball Coach. Dabo said, “I applaud Dan for thinking outside the box to solve the unsolvable, console the inconsolable and think the unthinkable.” Leggett asked if he still had to face the real Gamecocks and his jaw tightened even more when told indeed he would.

Dave Hoodie, PS Pro-fit contributed to this story.

bhusc2002 04-01-2014 08:04 AM

Re: Clemson AD Guarantees Victories over Gamecocks

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAskin (Post 4125695)

Clemson, SC - Clemson Athletic Director Dan Radakovich held his weekly meeting with the media and announced that he fully understands all the fan frustration with mounting losses and losing streaks to the University of South Carolina. “The Gamecocks have had our number and whipped our butts. We are all very tired of it and that ends today!”

DRad stated the Jacksonville State Gamecocks would be added to all future schedules across every sport. “We will kick these Gamecock teams’ tails, I guarantee it! Additionally, we are all excited about getting to visit the Florida beaches and that’s why I insisted all series be on a home and home arrangement, we will play at Jacksonville State this year on November 22.”

SID Tim Boreu stated that this will be the first time for Clemson to play Gamecocks in back-to-back weeks since Bruce Ellington beat the Tigers in football and basketball in 2011.

Also present at this afternoon’s press conference were Head Football Coach Dabo Swinney and Jack Leggett, HoF Baseball Coach. Dabo said, “I applaud Dan for thinking outside the box to solve the unsolvable, console the inconsolable and think the unthinkable.” Leggett asked if he still had to face the real Gamecocks and his jaw tightened even more when told indeed he would.

Nice. I especially like the "5 O'Cock PM" post time. Though, with the way their baseball team has been playing in mid-week games this year, I'm not sure this would guarantee anything for them.

JerseyBird 04-01-2014 08:28 AM

Guess this was so important it couldn't wait for the following day :thumbsup:

Additional nice touch is that Jacksonville State is actually in northern Alabama :claphat:

EDIT: But I'm sure most of y'all knew that already

SirBigSpur 04-01-2014 09:06 AM

JSU, go cocks!!!

Be careful with them though. They did beat Ole Miss and cost Houston Nutt his job

JerseyBird 04-01-2014 09:12 AM

And remember, it's only unwinnable if you don't win it :kill:

gamecock88 04-01-2014 10:14 AM

I hear they also plan to schedule Sumter

taylorssc 04-01-2014 10:28 AM

ehhh, he's guaranteed other things that never turned out to be true.

CockyVet 04-01-2014 10:51 AM

I took this to be a slightly early April Fool's joke.

markymark550 04-01-2014 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyBird (Post 4125704)
Additional nice touch is that Jacksonville State is actually in northern Alabama :claphat:

Yeah, got a chuckle out of that myself.

SanAntonioCock 04-01-2014 12:34 PM

I thought the state legislature made them play us. How can they change their schedule at short notice? I'm not at all sure this is true. Do you have a link?

ShutTheSuccop 04-01-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4125816)
I thought the state legislature made them play us. How can they change their schedule at short notice? I'm not at all sure this is true. Do you have a link?

NSIS

JerseyBird 04-01-2014 01:32 PM

Quote:

It's on teh intraweb so of course it's true :club:

JaxcockFL 04-01-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Here you go.

https://www.google.com/#q=happy+april+fools+day

BeatBamaTwice 04-01-2014 02:58 PM

Yesterday I watched the SC Senate honor Coach. One Clemson Senator said something to the effect that he was positive that Clemson would beat the Gamecocks ... as soon as Coach Spurrier retires.

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/allaccess/?media=442615

FearThethumbandDJ 04-01-2014 05:07 PM

Would he bet his job on it?

ccured 04-01-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taylorssc (Post 4125744)
ehhh, he's guaranteed other things that never turned out to be true.

i loved cajun spice ruffles

JustAskin 04-01-2014 09:49 PM

a few clues to the prank

April Fool's prank: 5 O'Cock, Tim Bore U, the beach comment, Dabo's comment, Leggett's jaw can't get any tighter :-D

Of course, they need to find any Gamecock they can beat!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JustAskin (Post 4125695)

G&B 04-01-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

I almost bit and said "dude, seriously?"...then I realized this was nothing more than a baited trap, a double secret probation april fool's double whammy trap, laid cleverly in waiting.

well played

PermaCock 04-02-2014 03:47 AM

haha

Cocky chick 04-02-2014 08:01 AM

Quote:

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: