CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   A big area where JD has improved. (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205585)

FearThethumbandDJ 04-02-2014 04:25 PM

A big area where JD has improved.

One area where JD has improved leaps and bounds is his public speaking as well as his vocabulary. When i saw his announcement out of high school he could barely form a sentence, and his vocabulary was similar to that of a 5th graders.

Now im not saying he has the public speaking ability of Obama or anyone, but he is so much better now. When i heard his interviews this year and today i could not believe how much more eloquent and intelligent he sounded.

The funny part is Clemson always bashes our academics, but their players (Chode) sound like theyve never been to class while ours obviously gained something from those 3-4 years.

Goofyboy 04-02-2014 04:51 PM

Re: A big area where JD has improved.

Not a good thread starter. I think it belongs elsewhere.

MisterClowney 04-02-2014 04:54 PM

I was thinking the same thing. Great subject/thread topic!

Mt. Lattimore 04-02-2014 04:57 PM

huh?

USCremedy 04-02-2014 06:17 PM

This is something we probably all realize but out of respect to JD..don't discuss.

Lonnie 04-02-2014 06:20 PM

When you get asked the same question about 1,000 times (How's your work ethic?), you get pretty good at answering it.

ReadR00ster 04-02-2014 07:25 PM

They aren't paying him for talking.

yazoo 04-03-2014 06:58 AM

USC does a good job of teaching players in its program about how important establishment of a brand is for a professional athlete. We are leaps and bounds ahead of the school in the Upstate in that regard. Contrasting with USC, that place appears to not really give a crap about their players' potential professional careers, and seems to be primarily interested in using the players' talents for securing higher salaries for the coaching staff for the school up yonder.

Flips 04-03-2014 07:07 AM

There are very few players who can come right into a school and fill a room with their personality in a press conference. It comes with being more comfortable with the spotlight. Just look at Marcus Lattimore's improvements from when he was a Freshman to now.

bcolinc 04-03-2014 07:25 AM

I still can't understand that fool lol. Jk. His personality is what makes him easy to listen to

treys1986 04-03-2014 07:27 AM

Clowney always seems like he is having fun in interviews. I've never been around him, but he seems like his personality would be infectious.

B-G 04-03-2014 08:59 AM

Right

Flameout12 04-03-2014 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treys1986 (Post 4127412)
Clowney always seems like he is having fun in interviews. I've never been around him, but he seems like his personality would be infectious.

Agree....good natured guy and kinda refreshing. Hope he stays the way he is and projects as someone having fun.
He could be another George Foreman...kids are attracted to him.

USCfootball 04-03-2014 03:49 PM

f you, Doughboy! I can read. See that shoe? It says Adidas.

donbgamecock 04-03-2014 04:22 PM

They aint goin to college for nutin.

SClawman 04-03-2014 04:34 PM

Saying he had the vocabulary of a fifth grader is pretty harsh. I believe he had a learning disability in high school anyway. Really think JD was just young and nervous (actually pretty shy) with his public speaking when he first came to Carolina. Not uncommon at all for a kid coming out of high school. I noticed a big change in his interview presence last offseason before his junior year. I'd like to see how people on this board would do in front of so many cameras on live tv.

USCfootball 04-03-2014 06:32 PM

I could care less what level JD reads at. I watched him play football - not take physics test. Dude has more money than I ever will so good for him.

Lonnie 04-04-2014 12:30 PM

My guess is this is one area where his agent and their team have really worked with Clowney.

uscsandstorm85 04-05-2014 12:36 AM

I question his effort to speak clearly. :lol: