CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   iCocky (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   MLB 14: The Show (PS4) (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205616)

Cockdiesel7 04-03-2014 04:40 PM

MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Ive been keeping up with this and looking forward to it.. to those who haven't seen much on it.. here you go.

Screen Shots:
http://www.operationsports.com/media...b-14-the-show/

Road to the Show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT8xNMTQz7U (ps3 footage)

Key features:
http://forums.theshownation.com/showthread.php?p=199611

Devs talk about transition.. shows screen shots of PS4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uj5CSgodwVc#t=13

Looks like it'll be a great game
Im most looking forward to the year to year saves and quick counts so I will actually finish a whole season

davidwatson249 04-03-2014 05:01 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Everytime this makes me wish I had a PS3 or PS4 instead of the xbox....

usc_yogi 04-04-2014 08:36 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
When I get my PS4 soon I am pretty sure this is going to be my first purchase. I have been watching this guys RTTS on Youtube for the PS3 version. A lot of the animations, especially the running animations, look a lot smoother than in years past.

I am glad they got rid of the arbitrary goals that you had to meet and focus more on your entire body of work. I just started back my RTTS on MLB '10 and I hate being punished for some stupid goal even though I am leading the team in hitting.

diehardgamecock 04-04-2014 11:45 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidwatson249 (Post 4127874)
Everytime this makes me wish I had a PS3 or PS4 instead of the xbox....

You can get a ps3 for around $170

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

usc_yogi 04-04-2014 02:11 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
From some of the info that the OP linked. I will fully welcome this feature.

•Dynamic Difficulty (All platforms) – Baseball is a sport the dedicated love to master, but also one that can intimidate newcomers. In this year’s version of The Show, players who don’t feel like veterans yet can opt to start on a lower difficulty level and jump right in. An advanced logic system will then grade the user’s skill and adjust the challenge level up or down based on their overall performance. Batting and pitching are evaluated separately, so it’s possible for one to increase in difficulty while the other doesn’t, or even reduces. On-screen notifications will advise when the difficulty setting has been adjusted.

diehardgamecock 04-04-2014 03:00 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4128471)
From some of the info that the OP linked. I will fully welcome this feature.

ēDynamic Difficulty (All platforms) Ė Baseball is a sport the dedicated love to master, but also one that can intimidate newcomers. In this yearís version of The Show, players who donít feel like veterans yet can opt to start on a lower difficulty level and jump right in. An advanced logic system will then grade the userís skill and adjust the challenge level up or down based on their overall performance. Batting and pitching are evaluated separately, so itís possible for one to increase in difficulty while the other doesnít, or even reduces. On-screen notifications will advise when the difficulty setting has been adjusted.

That sounds awesome......if it works.


Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

usc_yogi 04-05-2014 08:01 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
I had the worst luck ever last night on my RTTS 2010. I was in the midst of great first full season as 3B for the Braves MLB club and hit a triple off the RF wall and broke my forearm sliding into third base and was put on the 60 Day DL. Five games back from that I sprained my ACL sliding into second base.

Cockdiesel7 04-05-2014 08:30 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4128987)
I had the worst luck ever last night on my RTTS 2010. I was in the midst of great first full season as 3B for the Braves MLB club and hit a triple off the RF wall and broke my forearm sliding into third base and was put on the 60 Day DL. Five games back from that I sprained my ACL sliding into second base.

ouch.. if you're pre ordering mlb 14 for ps4 you get 1600 in game currency and you could use that to get of the DL

diehardgamecock 04-12-2014 10:01 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Think I am getting a 4 for this game...vids look amazing...and I don't see a baseball game on the x1 for at least two more years. At least.


Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

usc_yogi 04-14-2014 11:23 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
RBI baseball will be released for the Xbone sometime soon according to their website. It's not The Show but it could hold you over.

I hope they have fix the simulated base running fron MLB 2010. My RRTS player routinely gets benched for trying to steal bases when he doesn't have a green light and it is annoying.

diehardgamecock 04-14-2014 11:34 AM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4134511)
RBI baseball will be released for the Xbone sometime soon according to their website. It's not The Show but it could hold you over.

I hope they have fix the simulated base running fron MLB 2010. My RRTS player routinely gets benched for trying to steal bases when he doesn't have a green light and it is annoying.

I player the RBI demo on the 360...while it is a nice nod back to old school baseball, it's not something that would hold my interest, even for $20.

I've got a season going on 2K13 that's scratching the itch right now.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

usc_yogi 04-14-2014 01:52 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
IGN is doing a live stream of the PS4 version today at 2 pm. Yasiel Puig and Hunter Pence will be playing against each other Ón the stream.

diehardgamecock 04-14-2014 02:18 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by usc_yogi (Post 4134619)
IGN is doing a live stream of the PS4 version today at 2 pm. Yasiel Puig and Hunter Pence will be playing against each other Ón the stream.

Thanks for the heads up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

CoverTwo 04-14-2014 02:43 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
I haven't played a baseball series religiously since Triple Play baseball way back in the day. I'm really thinking about picking this up after I finish the KillZone campaign.

diehardgamecock 04-14-2014 03:14 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Triple Play was great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

diehardgamecock 04-14-2014 03:43 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
The gameplay looks amazing, even with the crappy streaming feed.

The load times, however, are ungodly. Good lord. Welcome to 10 years ago. :/

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

usc_yogi 04-14-2014 06:30 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
I noticed the same thing. The game looks smooth and really looks well. The load times were long on the old games as well. You would think with all the mandatory HDD installs that the load time would be greatly reduced.

Bobby Boucher 04-15-2014 12:14 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4128517)
That sounds awesome......if it works.


Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2


I have the game for PS3. It does work. Just don't let yourself get to Hall of Fame. I went 20 straight at-bats without a hit on the Hall of Fame setting.

When did they take out the business side of the Franchise mode? This year's edition is the first I've purchased since 2010 and I'm missing the business side of it all. Setting ticket prices, concessions, parking, marketing, etc. Wish that was added in :(

diehardgamecock 04-15-2014 12:22 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bobby Boucher (Post 4135407)
I have the game for PS3. It does work. Just don't let yourself get to Hall of Fame. I went 20 straight at-bats without a hit on the Hall of Fame setting.

How quickly does it adjust the difficulty level? Is it a per inning thing? Per game? Per series?

And his would one keep from getting to the highest difficulty setting?



Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Bobby Boucher 04-15-2014 05:39 PM

Re: MLB 14: The Show (PS4)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by diehardgamecock (Post 4135415)
How quickly does it adjust the difficulty level? Is it a per inning thing? Per game? Per series?

And his would one keep from getting to the highest difficulty setting?



Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk


Well I've only used it on RTTS and it's done on a per at-bat basis. If you come out slugging doubles and homers right out of the gate, then it goes up quicker.

Not sure about that second question, but it goes up and down based on how you are hitting. I don't do that 0-20 bullshit with how good my hitter is. I believe you can reset it, but if you reset it, it goes all the way down to rookie.

There is a natural progession to it as well. Like you don't just jump from rookie to veteran to all-star. There are micro difficulties within there as well. For me, the lower/mid-tier All-Star level works best. I pride myself on making contact and I'm going to swing at anything in the strike zone, so it helps for me. Hall of Fame seems to make you miss pitches that you clear should have made contact with.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.