CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Proving Ground (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Miami (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205638)

CoverTwo 04-04-2014 12:08 AM

2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Miami

Kornblut Update(s) since NSD:

Quote:

Though he is committed to Florida Atlantic, RB Jordan Scarlett (5-11 205) of Fort Lauderdale will take an official visit to USC. The South Florida back has offers from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska among others.

“The only schools I’m interested in out-of-state are South Carolina, Ohio State and Wisconsin,” Scarlett said. He plans to take official visits to each of these schools.

He also plans to visit USC for a junior day in the near future. “I’m building a good relationship with (USC assistant) Everett Sands and he is telling me a lot of good things,” he said. “It’s a good program and there is an opportunity to play early there.”

As far as in-state schools that Scarlett is interested in, he named Florida Atlantic, Florida, Florida State and Central Florida. He does plan to visit each. “I want to make sure I choose the right school as early as possible so I can focus on football,” Scarlett said.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

usc1 04-04-2014 12:10 AM

Re: 2015 - Jordan Scarlett - Florida Atlantic

Sounds like he is anything but committed. Hope he's a gamecock.

4gamecockfb 04-04-2014 12:15 AM

Big news. Hope our coaches make the impression it takes to get his commitment.

CoverTwo 04-08-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Florida Atlantic commit RB Jordan Scarlett of Fort Lauderdale is making his first trip to USC this weekend for the Garnet and Black Spring Game. Though Scarlett is committed to the Owls, he continues to look around. Last weekend was spent at Florida. “It went pretty good,” he said. “I’ve been there before. Though it was a down year for them I still think they’re a good SEC team and re going to be great.”
Scarlett remains in touch with the Gamecock coaching staff and has expressed interest in the program.
“I like the way they run the ball and they’re doing good things in the SEC,” Scarlett said. “My old teammate Skai Moore is there and has told me what a family atmosphere they have.”
Wisconsin is the only other out-of-state visit that Scarlett has planned. He also wants to visit Central Florida.
His offers are from USC, Clemson, Florida, Florida State, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Tennessee, Miami, Georgia, Georgia Tech and Nebraska among others.
Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...game-saturday/

Roosterboy 04-09-2014 11:08 AM

I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.

Cockypantherfan 04-09-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roosterboy (Post 4131253)
I think we can flip this guy.
Def. has the type build of RB we seem to be going after in recent years.

I think we can flip him as well. The three RBs we have the best chances with IMO are Bryce Love, Ty'son Williams, and Scarlett. I think Scarlett and Williams are similar style runners so I think one of Scarlett or Williams would pair nicely with Bryce Love.

Garnet Gamecock 04-09-2014 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4128123)
Kornblut Update(s) since NSD:

Link: http://sportstalksc.com/index.php/20...-visit-to-usc/

"Opportunity to play early..." (?)

Well, this is recruiting, after all! LOL

Garnet Gamecock 04-09-2014 02:34 PM

Let's see...

Florida Atlantic... The University of South Carolina...

Hmmm...

Someone needs to blow in this kid's ear and tell him the truth:

Most people don't even know Florida Atlantic exists.

donbgamecock 04-09-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garnet Gamecock (Post 4131423)
Let's see...

Hmmm...

The only Fl team I saw missing was FIU.

JDRAY^# 04-09-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Let's see...

Hmmm...

He committed to FAU b/c his HS coach got hired on the FAU staff and his HS teammate also committed to FAU. It's very unlikely he sticks with FAU and most knew that when he verbally committed.

ConwayGamecock 04-09-2014 04:51 PM

Quote:

Let's see...

Hmmm...

Not true. The Atlantic does extend all the way down to Florida....

USCfootball 04-09-2014 05:14 PM

I don't want him.

Says in the article he wants to choose a school early so he can "focus on football."

I'm proud of our football players. And if you look at all the graduates on last years team, I think that is something that stands out about the Gamecock program and it's coaches.

"football only" players can be huge liability in my opinion. Yes, you are here on a football scholarship but not just to play ball.

ConwayGamecock 04-09-2014 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCfootball (Post 4131523)
I don't want him.

Says in the article he wants to choose a school early so he can "focus on football."

I'm proud of our football players. And if you look at all the graduates on last years team, I think that is something that stands out about the Gamecock program and it's coaches.

"football only" players can be huge liability in my opinion. Yes, you are here on a football scholarship but not just to play ball.

Hopefully you're being cleverly sarcastic: I think he means he wants to make a decision soon so he can focus more on his HS football, and not deal with the recruiting circus. But it doesn't make any implication whatsoever regarding his focus or lack thereof on his academics in HS, or how he'll focus on academics while in college....

Again, hope you were making a funny like I did a post above yours....

:wink:

Roosterboy 04-09-2014 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4131254)
I think we can flip him as well. The three RBs we have the best chances with IMO are Bryce Love, Ty'son Williams, and Scarlett. I think Scarlett and Williams are similar style runners so I think one of Scarlett or Williams would pair nicely with Bryce Love.

I agree. Bryce love and either Williams or Scarlett.
I think we have a better chance to flip Scarlett, but either would be a nice addition.

elcid99 04-09-2014 08:02 PM

Williams is the one we want/need ....Love would be a nice scat back, but we need to keep the stable full of 200+ # backs....ask ask any DL - 4th quarters are no fun after 3 quarters of getting pounded by a bowling ball

4gamecockfb 04-09-2014 09:10 PM

I think if his visit is a really good one, we can sign this guy with the help of skai Moore. I wouldn't mind getting him and Williams, because I think love will play a different role for us as a slot wr and return man.

GarnetSwarm1990 04-09-2014 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USCfootball (Post 4131523)
I don't want him.

I think he means more of focusing on his senior season so he can enjoy it and not have to go through the stress of getting recruited so much. It's actually a good thing in my opinion.

4gamecockfb 04-12-2014 02:57 PM

Did he make it to spring game?

boness 04-13-2014 02:35 PM

not certain how i view an early committment from a player such as this neccessarily being an advantage? Better than flipping to elsewhere for sure but better than simply remaining uncommitted? Once he chooses everyone has a single target to attack vs a group of a half dozen or so as it now stands. Given we have had some issues with losing early committs and he will demonstrate he is a flipper should he committ? I wonder.
What do those of you who understand this process better than I think?

MWard 04-24-2014 09:38 AM

http://www.goupstate.com/article/201...898/-1/PSPORTS

He is going to take an OV here this fall. Hopefully we get him in for the aTm, uga or tenn games, b/c those are going to be loud and packed.

I think we have a shot here. We have so much more to offer than FAU and our depth chart is favorable for a '15 RB recruit.