CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Locker Room (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Cockfighting in SC (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205667)

ZenUSC 04-05-2014 01:36 AM

Cockfighting in SC

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ighting-rally/

We need to legalize cockfighting in SC. We could have cockfights in the Farmers Market pregame football Saturdays. Go Gamecocks! If Colorado can legalize Pot why can't SC legalize cockfighting? We could let people gamble on Gamecock fighting and tax the proceeds and call it The Education Cockfight Lottery.

GarnetSwarm1990 04-05-2014 03:23 AM

Re: Cockfighting in SC

You can't be serious?

Metalrush24 04-05-2014 03:49 AM

GamecockNeal 04-05-2014 05:09 AM

Saw it in the Philippines bc its every where and like a national sport. However, I want us to support it in no way. We already have a few things that tarnish our school and state.

Cock Kool-Aid 04-05-2014 06:35 AM

OP- you want to see some cockfights in sc? Check your PMs.

JerseyBird 04-05-2014 08:11 AM

Guessing from the tone of his post that Zen isn't serious, at least one would hope not. Although someone must actually like it since it still exists. I like in the article how the guy denies knowledge that it was a rally in support of cockfighting - guess he realized that he's not going to make up a 40 point deficit in the polls by coming out in support of it :oops:

Cockypantherfan 04-05-2014 09:08 AM

Zen has been on lately...

Mr.101 04-05-2014 09:36 AM

Or we could just schedule Jacksonville State.

usc1 04-05-2014 09:43 AM

I enjoy this post.

FanofCarolina1 04-05-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.101 (Post 4129009)

This. Even though it wouldn't be much of a fight. It would be like Ron Jeremy battling Pee Wee Herman. :lol:

Biocockanics 04-05-2014 09:59 AM

God forbid we bet on what animals do naturally.

I think it's stupid...we pay to see men beat each other to a pulp but get all offended when animals do it.

don't care one way or another, but to get all pissed off about it is stupid...there are far, far more important legal issues out there than one rooster killing another.

#NeverForget when Rocky rooster died at the hands of Chanticleer champion.

taylorssc 04-05-2014 10:04 AM

[ insert tummy sticks joke here ]

ccured 04-05-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biocockanics (Post 4129014)
God forbid we bet on what animals do naturally.

I think it's stupid...we pay to see men beat each other to a pulp but get all offended when animals do it.

don't care one way or another, but to get all pissed off about it is stupid...there are far, far more important legal issues out there than one rooster killing another.

#NeverForget when Rocky rooster died at the hands of Chanticleer champion.

So you are equating two grown men who choose to fight to two roosters having metal cockspurs or gaffes attached to their claws and being forced to fight til death in a pit. Rooster fights in nature are nothing like the "sport". Natural spurs don't inflict the same damage and one rooster will relent

ucan'tlickourcocks 04-05-2014 10:49 AM

As one who has been to a cockfight..... I don't believe the sport is ready for prime time! Nor will it ever be!

GH 04-05-2014 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenUSC (Post 4128967)
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...ighting-rally/

We need to legalize cockfighting in SC. We could have cockfights in the Farmers Market pregame football Saturdays. Go Gamecocks! If Colorado can legalize Pot why can't SC legalize cockfighting? We could let people gamble on Gamecock fighting and tax the proceeds and call it The Education Cockfight Lottery.

Would be too violent for us to do it.

The majorty of South Carolinians would not accept it.

In the Mediterranean and in South America, they have bull fights and cock fights.

But I am not here to tell cock and bull stories.

I also don't see the appeal of betting on animals fighting to the death.

This also applies to dogs.

Biocockanics 04-05-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4129040)
So you are equating two grown men who choose to fight to two roosters having metal cockspurs or gaffes attached to their claws and being forced to fight til death in a pit. Rooster fights in nature are nothing like the "sport". Natural spurs don't inflict the same damage and one rooster will relent

still tastes like chicken

weatheredxtown 04-05-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.101 (Post 4129009)

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks we need to do this.

yazoo 04-05-2014 01:18 PM

I am all for repealing laws that interfere with individual liberty. How does it hurt anyone if two other people agree to let their roosters fight? If someone does not wish to see a cockfight, just don't go to one.

rioninusc 04-05-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4129091)
I am all for repealing laws that interfere with individual liberty. How does it hurt anyone if two other people agree to let their roosters fight? If someone does not wish to see a cockfight, just don't go to one.

Because we are a democracy, people voted for this so if you want to continue to see cockfights, go to Thailand.

taylorssc 04-05-2014 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4129091)

i found this moral compass online, feel free to use it.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/bookbound_2267_3953101