CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205733)

The'Boose2001 04-08-2014 07:43 AM

2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
We pretty much have a complete experienced starting Depth Chart now.

Given the hyper-linked list of players above, what positional battles or upsets do you expect to see in four days time?

Please post below.

bcolinc 04-08-2014 08:05 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
I would expect Deon Green and Abu Lamin to make some steps up the ladder soon. Just from what I've been reading and from Spurt's reports. Still, Green has a longer road from the looks of it

yazoo 04-08-2014 08:11 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The'Boose2001 (Post 4130433)
We pretty much have a complete experienced starting Depth Chart now.

Given the hyper-linked list of players above, what positional battles or upsets do you expect to see in four days time?

Please post below.

There are a couple of possible errors based upon most recent news:

1) Matulis is starting/backing up Rodgers at RG.

2) Gist did well in winter conditioning and maybe should be up the FB depth chart.

3) Byrd is still out with his injury, correct? Busta is out.

4) Smith, Groves at boundary cb.

5) Suggestion: add position: "wildcat QB"

Flameout12 04-08-2014 08:52 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Who's Orth?

Cocklover 04-08-2014 08:53 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
I will make a game thread Saturday morning just so you all know :)

The Yancey 04-08-2014 09:00 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
The Twinkies and I will be there!

Nureye 04-08-2014 09:18 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flameout12 (Post 4130451)
Who's Orth?

Whose Orth?

Acockolypse Now 04-08-2014 11:20 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Things we will learn from the Spring Game (in order):












.

Spurticus 04-08-2014 11:45 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by yazoo (Post 4130439)
There are a couple of possible errors based upon most recent news:

1) Matulis is starting/backing up Rodgers at RG.
2) Gist did well in winter conditioning and maybe should be up the FB depth chart.

3) Byrd is still out with his injury, correct? Busta is out.

4) Smith, Groves at boundary cb.

5) Suggestion: add position: "wildcat QB"

1.) Most of Na'Ty's snaps last week were at second unit Right Tackle. He also
played Right Tackle on the second unit in the scrimmage this past Saturday
with Brock Stadnik at the Right Guard spot both last week, and in Saturday's
Scrimmage.

2.) IMO, when Connor McLaurin returns to the team (wearing yellow jersey
the past couple of weeks), I think he is our starting FB.

3.) Correct, Byrd and Buster are both out right now, although Byrd has been
participating in position drills last week, and fielding Kickoffs and Punts now.
Could return to full drills this week (Just a Guess There)

4.) It was Smith and McWilliams getting the most reps with the First unit
at CB last week, and both of those guys were the starting CBs Saturday.
Brison Williams was in and out as a Cornerback as well, but he was the
starting Free Safety Saturday Morning with Chaz Elder the Strong Safety on
the first unit.

Mt. Lattimore 04-08-2014 12:03 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by The'Boose2001 (Post 4130433)

Please post below.

Will do.

It is of my opinion that Elliot Fry will be the recipient of the Ol' "player comes off the sidelines to catch a pass trick play".

weatheredxtown 04-08-2014 12:11 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
The fact that Hull is still our starting punter says how crappy Fish must be too

bcolinc 04-08-2014 04:49 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spurticus (Post 4130624)
1.) Most of Na'Ty's snaps last week were at second unit Right Tackle. He also

played Right Tackle on the second unit in the scrimmage this past Saturday

with Brock Stadnik at the Right Guard spot both last week, and in Saturday's

Scrimmage.



2.) IMO, when Connor McLaurin returns to the team (wearing yellow jersey

the past couple of weeks), I think he is our starting FB.



3.) Correct, Byrd and Buster are both out right now, although Byrd has been

participating in position drills last week, and fielding Kickoffs and Punts now.

Could return to full drills this week (Just a Guess There)



4.) It was Smith and McWilliams getting the most reps with the First unit

at CB last week, and both of those guys were the starting CBs Saturday.

Brison Williams was in and out as a Cornerback as well, but he was the

starting Free Safety Saturday Morning with Chaz Elder the Strong Safety on

the first unit.


Stoked to hear Byrd is fielding some kicks

poppabeary3 04-08-2014 06:36 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Looks like our punting will be awful yet again this year. Unbelievable that we can't find someone better. With the D being the question mark, this sore spot will no doubt cost us some points and probably a game.

bhs04 04-08-2014 08:07 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mt. Lattimore (Post 4130641)
Will do.

It is of my opinion that Elliot Fry will be the recipient of the Ol' "player comes off the sidelines to catch a pass trick play".

I would love to see that.

Gamecocks1137 04-09-2014 01:21 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Connor Mitch solidifies his backup role, and Dale Earnhardt Jr. is the celebrity come off the bench receiver.

SanAntonioCock 04-09-2014 01:35 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Maybe Dale Jr. can punt.

92Pony 04-09-2014 02:15 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SanAntonioCock (Post 4131387)
Maybe Dale Jr. can punt.

Wouldn't work.... his punts would just turn to the left.

uscsandstorm85 04-09-2014 07:36 PM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
I will just be happy to be in Williams Brice for an afternoon.

4gamecockfb 04-12-2014 12:04 AM

Re: 2014 Spring Game Preview/Opinions
 
What time does it start?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.