CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Student Stabs 20 Fellow Students at PA High School (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205758)

usc90grad 04-09-2014 12:25 PM

Student Stabs 20 Fellow Students at PA High School

DEVELOPING: Twenty students were wounded four seriously during a stabbing spree at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, authorities say.

Dan Stevens, a spokeswoman for Westmoreland County emergency management, said a male student was in custody following the incident inside the school. It came at approximately 7:20 a.m., before classes began at the school in an affluent community about 15 miles east of Pittsburgh.

Four of the victims were taken to area hospitals via helicopter. Those injured were between 14 and 17 years old, Stevens said, adding that not all of them were stabbed or slashed with a knife.

"Most of them were to the lower abdomen and they seemed to actually almost have a pattern," Rubino said of the stab wounds. "Most of them were to the right lower abdomen and to the right flank and that created some of the criticality of their wounds and the nature of their injuries."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09...lvania-school/

CoverTwo 04-09-2014 12:29 PM

Re: Student Stabs 20 Fellow Students at PA High School

Reminds me of the Joe Carroll cult attacks on The Following.

kick_ball 04-09-2014 01:45 PM

so why is it in todays world if you dont like someone, fight someone etc... taking their life (or attempting to) is what people think is the right course of action ?

Gamecocks1137 04-09-2014 03:21 PM

Another idiot. They are coming in droves. Next kid will attack all his friends with a baseball bat or something.

usc90grad 04-09-2014 03:29 PM

Surprised nobody jumped this kid. Must have been a big knife.

uscGRAD04 04-09-2014 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4131315)

Sadly, it does. I watch that show every week and it was the first thing I thought of when I heard this.

3MTA3 04-09-2014 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick_ball (Post 4131397)
so why is it in todays world if you dont like someone, fight someone etc... taking their life (or attempting to) is what people think is the right course of action ?

That tactic is specific to 'today's world'?

I was my understanding that people taking the life of others, or attempting to do so, when the assailant does not like that person or fights them...has been going on since the beginning of time.

kick_ball 04-09-2014 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 3MTA3 (Post 4131519)
That tactic is specific to 'today's world'?

I was my understanding that people taking the life of others, or attempting to do so, when the assailant does not like that person or fights them...has been going on since the beginning of time.

the incidents of school violence/workplace violence seems to have grown exponentially in the last few decades... yes I do understand in the middle ages that was how things worked

3MTA3 04-09-2014 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kick_ball (Post 4131731)
the incidents of school violence/workplace violence seems to have grown exponentially in the last few decades... yes I do understand in the middle ages that was how things worked

Violent crime is down over the past several decades.

I don't care how it "seems."
That would be an anecdotal assessment.

AtlGAMECOCK 04-09-2014 11:18 PM

Just proves that if someone wants to do harm they will with what they have

GregoryHouse 04-09-2014 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4131315)

Dude, I know this is a very serious matter....still....um...."Spoiler Alert" maybe?