CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Eats (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Small Propane Grill (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205769)

palmettosc 04-10-2014 01:21 PM

Small Propane Grill
 
I'm in the market for a camping sized propane grill. Any suggestions?

warriorchief 04-10-2014 01:55 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Char-Broi...-204074161-_-N

Lonnie 04-10-2014 02:01 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
How small and what do you want it to do?

palmettosc 04-10-2014 02:21 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4132035)

Did not see that one looking around. I was looking at the Weber Go Anywhere. That one looks much nicer, but costs twice as much. Worth it from anyone who may have had both?

darthtripous 04-10-2014 02:25 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
I have this one http://www.coleman.com/product/roadt...0#.U0bZAREcxjo

I am not a huge fan of cooking with gas, but sometimes you have to. I have taken it to USC games, camping, to the beach, and probably more if I kept thinking. I have loved this little grill and I would recommend it to anyone. I have beaten the hell out of it and it still works as well as the day I used it.

warriorchief 04-10-2014 02:32 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by palmettosc (Post 4132051)
Did not see that one looking around. I was looking at the Weber Go Anywhere. That one looks much nicer, but costs twice as much. Worth it from anyone who may have had both?

It's online-only, unfortunately. But I've got 2 customers that own it that come in to get replacement propane bottles, and they say it's a great little grill. FWIW.

Lonnie 04-10-2014 03:02 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darthtripous (Post 4132056)

That's the one we take. (We camp out of an Airstream Trailer). The griddle works great in the AM for making pancakes...

YankeeGamecock 04-10-2014 03:18 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
I've had a Weber Q for a few years. Thing is bulletproof, and I've been very pleased with how she cooks.

http://weber.com/grills/series/weber-q-series/1000

HeadCockFan 04-10-2014 04:35 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by darthtripous (Post 4132056)
I have this one http://www.coleman.com/product/roadt...0#.U0bZAREcxjo

I am not a huge fan of cooking with gas, but sometimes you have to. I have taken it to USC games, camping, to the beach, and probably more if I kept thinking. I have loved this little grill and I would recommend it to anyone. I have beaten the hell out of it and it still works as well as the day I used it.

I have this one too, and for the money, it's hard to beat. You can cook more than you might think on it too.

acejrock 04-10-2014 08:34 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by YankeeGamecock (Post 4132096)
I've had a Weber Q for a few years. Thing is bulletproof, and I've been very pleased with how she cooks.

http://weber.com/grills/series/weber-q-series/1000

I have this one too. I use it as my main grill in addition to taking it on trips.
Bulletproof is a great way to describe it.

taylorssc 04-10-2014 08:47 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
i've been looking in to getting one too. from what i've read, the most common problem people encounter with portable gas grills is that their size limits the heat they can emit. i think typically, the smaller the surface area, the lower the heat output. may want to do some googling to make sure you purchase something that can properly/thoroughly cook whatever you like to eat when you camp.

the weber go anywhere series is what i've been looking at. i like the 1520 in particular.

http://www.firecraft.com/product/web...Fc1j7AoduGAAGw

or here

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_1...030xMPOLxCPA20

RoosterBooster 04-11-2014 09:12 AM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Depends on how heavy you want to camp. I have a Camp Chef 2 burner stove with grill box and griddle, I highly recommend it. Sam's has a small stainless steel gas grill for $99 as well.

ShutTheSuccop 04-11-2014 10:14 AM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosterBooster (Post 4132489)
Depends on how heavy you want to camp. I have a Camp Chef 2 burner stove with grill box and griddle, I highly recommend it. Sam's has a small stainless steel gas grill for $99 as well.

Great setup for camping. I love the camp chef stoves due to all the accessories. This is probably bigger than he is looking, but it is a great idea!

RoosterBooster 04-11-2014 10:19 AM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4132519)
Great setup for camping. I love the camp chef stoves due to all the accessories. This is probably bigger than he is looking, but it is a great idea!

If you have to pack it in far it is not a good option, but if you can drive to the site or get within a few hundred yards it is awesome. You can cook just about anything if you have the grill box, griddle, and a dutch oven.

ShutTheSuccop 04-11-2014 11:18 AM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by RoosterBooster (Post 4132522)
If you have to pack it in far it is not a good option, but if you can drive to the site or get within a few hundred yards it is awesome. You can cook just about anything if you have the grill box, griddle, and a dutch oven.

I used to use a coleman camp stove until I saw the camp chef, so needless to say I upgraded...

For this year, plan to get the grill box...I only camp/tailgate a few times a year (if that) but it is great to have

RoosterBooster 04-11-2014 11:53 AM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShutTheSuccop (Post 4132550)
I used to use a coleman camp stove until I saw the camp chef, so needless to say I upgraded...

For this year, plan to get the grill box...I only camp/tailgate a few times a year (if that) but it is great to have

If you don't have one already order the Flame Tamer from the Camp Chef site. Only about $10. Works great for grill box and griddle. Keeps the heat even with no hot spots.

palmettosc 04-11-2014 12:12 PM

Re: Small Propane Grill
 
Went with this guy.
http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CGG-...+propane+grill
http://9to5toys.files.wordpress.com/...pg?w=704&h=561


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.