CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   I like how Frank sounds heading into the offseason (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205865)

Roosterboy 04-15-2014 03:14 PM

I like how Frank sounds heading into the offseason

According to the State...Martin sounded upbeat in his year end wrapup.
Also good to hear he isn't expecting any defections.

Also addressed what we already know...we need some bulk down low.

Said he is getting a completely different vibe in community, and that fans respect the growth and the way the team played this year.

I'm one of them.
I'm excited to see what a year of conditioning for the freshmen will do, and how now entering their third year, Carrera, Kacinas and Chatkevicius do and if they take a leadership role to make sure guys give it eveything they have and are focused on offseason workouts.

Just like in football, your season is greatly decided by how you prepare in the offseason. If this team puts in the work, they can have a better season and compete for postseason play, and I think a lot of fans would be happy with an NIT birth...but we will certainly take a trip to hte big dance too.

Harry Tuttle 04-15-2014 03:54 PM

Re: I like how Frank sounds heading into the offseason

We had a 3rd string PG. Chatkevicius turned it on late. Henry beefs up and find a couple of shooters... We b good.

usc1 04-15-2014 04:04 PM

I'm excited to see these new guys come in. Wonder how much offense we can expect from Blanton this year.

CoverTwo 04-15-2014 04:46 PM

Fingers crossed that Jaylen Shaw starts to put it all together over the Summer. He has the potential to be instant offense off the bench.

Our guards in general have a chance to be really, really good.

rrsandersjr 04-15-2014 07:11 PM

Are the Lithuanians staying in Cola this summer? That would be a definite plus.

TwoNotch Dreams 04-15-2014 07:38 PM

They started to get it towards the end of the season. The team just has to figure out how to close games. They were in a bunch of games that they lost until the last few minutes where they collasped.

l3urna 04-15-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrsandersjr (Post 4135838)
Are the Lithuanians staying in Cola this summer? That would be a definite plus.

Frank said that they are.

Fish Tacos 04-15-2014 09:09 PM

i was really impressed w/ how they closed out the season. they were in/and won a lot of games simply because they continued to hustle and not let up. if they can maintain that high effort + coupled w/ some of the stuff mentioned above (continued progression of guards, focus on play down low, bench play, etc.) i don't think a shot at the big dance is out of the question. it's not a given by any stretch and will be a battle, but if they learn to close out games and carry the momentum of the past year, you never know

Roosterboy 04-16-2014 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish Tacos (Post 4135960)
i was really impressed w/ how they closed out the season. they were in/and won a lot of games simply because they continued to hustle and not let up. if they can maintain that high effort + coupled w/ some of the stuff mentioned above (continued progression of guards, focus on play down low, bench play, etc.) i don't think a shot at the big dance is out of the question. it's not a given by any stretch and will be a battle, but if they learn to close out games and carry the momentum of the past year, you never know

I agree.
With as down as the SEC is in basketball, Carolina can play itself into an at large bid in the Big Dance...more realistically is the NIT, but I say dream big.

HeadCockFan 04-16-2014 10:31 AM

World beaters!