CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Honeymoon recommendations (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205907)

UncleSteve 04-16-2014 06:55 PM

Honeymoon recommendations

Hey everybody,

I am getting married in November and I'm looking into honeymoon destinations. Obviously, I'm looking for a really good deal. Any of you have any good connections or advice on how to find the cheapest honeymoons?

For what it's worth, I'm trying to find an all-inclusive place to stay.

Thanks!

The Yancey 04-16-2014 07:02 PM

Re: Honeymoon recommendations

Couples in Jamaica and other countries is nice.

GregoryHouse 04-16-2014 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UncleSteve (Post 4136669)
Hey everybody,

I am getting married in November and I'm looking into honeymoon destinations. Obviously, I'm looking for a really good deal. Any of you have any good connections or advice on how to find the cheapest honeymoons?

For what it's worth, I'm trying to find an all-inclusive place to stay.

Thanks!

Try a travel agency. They usually have some good deals.

ShutTheSuccop 04-16-2014 07:38 PM

I spent a week in early march at sandals emerald bay in exuma Bahamas and can say without a doubt that it was fanastic. It was 10x nicer than my honeymoon 10 years ago...the food was good but beach and pool were unreal...also if you are a golfer, the course was unreal...we can't wait to go back

gamecock88 04-16-2014 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4136674)
Couples in Jamaica and other countries is nice.

This.

CarolinaSpur12 04-16-2014 08:55 PM

I am getting married in August my man, congratulations! But my soon to be and I are staying at Sugar Beach Resort on St Lucia Island in the carribean. It is all inclusive. There is also a Sandals Resort too.

eightohhthree 04-16-2014 09:06 PM

Watch Groupon too. I was eyeing this all inclusive they had to Montego Bay in Jamaica including air fair for 700/person. I already had trips to Vegas, Destin, and SC booked this year and can't take a 4th week of vacation though.

http://www.groupon.com/deals/ga-vaca...ss-montego-bay

roosterdude21 04-16-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 (Post 4136779)
I am getting married in August my man, congratulations! But my soon to be and I are staying at Sugar Beach Resort on St Lucia Island in the carribean. It is all inclusive. There is also a Sandals Resort too.

I've heard that place is awesome. Great choice

roosterdude21 04-16-2014 09:20 PM

Or of course, a fancy get up like this is never a bad choice either.

http://personal.benjaminbeck.com/wp-...-capture-3.png

BlueEagles06 04-16-2014 09:26 PM

Cherokee/Maggie Valley/ Asheville, NC. That's where me and my wife went. Best vacation ever. So much to do. We did have to stay an extra 2 days as well because we got snowed in. Never been so happy in life to get snowed in.

UncleSteve 04-17-2014 08:14 AM

Roosterdude, that is what I'm talking about! Thanks everyone for the suggestions. Groupon has had some decent stuff lately.

gamecockpride 04-17-2014 09:18 AM

I got married last June and we went to Punta Cana, DR at an all-inclusive resort. It was beyond amazing, it has become a very popular honeymoon location in the last couple of years. You can find very good deals as well.

IMACOCK 04-17-2014 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GH (Post 4136691)
Try a travel agency. They usually have some good deals.

Our honeymoon was the first and only time we've used a travel agent. It was nice to not have to deal with planning the honeymoon amidst all the wedding planning. Although, if you're doing an all-inclusive, that should be pretty easy to plan.

CoverTwo 04-17-2014 02:49 PM

Going on my honeymoon Monday. Sandals Resort in Antigua.

davidwatson249 04-17-2014 02:53 PM

I booked mine through www.cheapcarribean.com (I know it sounds sketch but it's legit).

We stayed at the Exellence Playa de Mejures. Freaking incredible.

Kickerspl80 04-17-2014 04:44 PM

Dave n Busters?

dgusc06 04-17-2014 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoverTwo (Post 4137296)
Going on my honeymoon Monday. Sandals Resort in Antigua.

My beautiful bride and I went to the Sandals in Antigua for our honeymoon in May of last year. It was hands down the best week of my life. Food is great! Bayside on the beach for lunch has ribs and jeek chicken thats amazing! Tried every restaurant for dinner and loved all of them. The beat part is the local rum that they LOAD into many different mixed drinks. Play water volleyball in the small pool. They do it every afternoon and have shot breaks and goo fun competition. Got on a team of older guys and we represented almost the entire SEC and dominated. Fun fact is that you actually accumulate points at sandals for stuff like this and we left with a 50 dollar bottle of rum just for playing each day. Pm me if you want more suggestions. We cannot wait to go back!!!

paynemd2 04-17-2014 06:02 PM

The places with the cheapest all inclusive resorts are usually: Dominican Republic, Mexico, Bahamas, and Jamaica.

If you live in SC and can fly out of Charlotte or Atlanta you can find some pretty good deals to Aruba, Turks and Caicos, and Bermuda as well. I just bought roundtrip tickets to Aruba in August for me and my fiance for $420 each and the flight is only 6 hours including a layover in Miami.

dgusc06 04-17-2014 06:07 PM

Just an FYI for anyone in a sandals...open the bottles in your room and hide them when you leave for the day. They will think you drank it all and restock your room with unopened bottles :) brought back some scotch and more local rum this way!

kick_ball 04-17-2014 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarolinaSpur12 (Post 4136779)

im getting married in june going to the Sandals Grande St. Lucian ... had some friends go and only heard great things so we are going to give it a try