CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Dylan Thompson, Class Act (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205920)

GabbieM 04-17-2014 02:09 PM

Dylan Thompson, Class Act

A friend of mine was recently in a horrible car crash. Dylan took a visit to him. :)

http://www.wistv.com/story/25268919/...an-in-hospital

Dylan is a great guy!

Thanks Dylan!

FearThethumbandDJ 04-17-2014 02:19 PM

Re: Dylan Thompson, Class Act

Yea i met him after the bowl game against michigan on the way to the airport.

My dad didnt recognize him and asked what position he played. I expected him to be sarcastic or an a-hole(like most QB's). However, he handled it with such class and humility i was really surprised, he just laughed and said he played QB.

Hes such an awesome guy, he posed for pictures with everyone who wanted them and signed autographs as well. Proud to have him as part of the USC program regardless of how he does this year.

skhunt84 04-17-2014 02:54 PM

Character goes a long way, and I'm sure that was recognized when he was recruited!

Jethro Beaver 04-17-2014 02:59 PM

I graduated from Boiling Springs way back in 88. I still do a lot of advertising with the booster club there. I see his dad Danny frequently and have conversations with him. That whole family is a class act. Dylan's brother Daniel is a lot like him as well. They all do alot for the community here and are know for their humbleness and beliefs. They also have a ton of respect an lots of younger kids look up to them. All around great people. I received his DVD that he and his church sent out to everyone in the 29316 zip code giving his testimony regarding his beliefs and journey to the Gamecocks. Nice view.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 04-17-2014 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jethro Beaver (Post 4137314)
I graduated from Boiling Springs way back in 88. I still do a lot of advertising with the booster club there. I see his dad Danny frequently and have conversations with him. That whole family is a class act. Dylan's brother Daniel is a lot like him as well. They all do alot for the community here and are know for their humbleness and beliefs. They also have a ton of respect an lots of younger kids look up to them. All around great people. I received his DVD that he and his church sent out to everyone in the 29316 zip code giving his testimony regarding his beliefs and journey to the Gamecocks. Nice view.

Yeah it is a really great insight. Dylan really is a great guy . Hope he does well in life . I have met Danny several times as well and he has always been very nice. Hope that ESPN just doesn't go all Tebow on him for his beliefs. But if they do Dylan has great character and will handle it well.

sporkgod50 04-17-2014 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4137256)
A friend of mine was recently in a horrible car crash. Dylan took a visit to him. :)

http://www.wistv.com/story/25268919/...an-in-hospital

Dylan is a great guy!

Thanks Dylan!

solid. transcends his ability on the field.

tpep 04-17-2014 05:09 PM

yet another testament to the QUALITY of student-athletes that Coach Spurrier and his staff have recruited.:clap::clap::clap:

GH 04-17-2014 05:37 PM

five star character

Garnet Gamecock 04-17-2014 05:39 PM

THIS is the kind of story I want to see about our boys in the offseason!

:clap:

Carolina4Life 04-17-2014 05:52 PM

His teammates love him! I've notice how close he's bonded with them this offseason. They're all out playing paintball today. He's constantly giving props to everyone on the team on social media.

The Yancey 04-17-2014 06:08 PM

He will be thrown under the bus here after his first off game. Never fails. :(

Carolina Pride 04-17-2014 06:24 PM

He is giving his testimony at Shandon Baptist on Easter by video if anyone is interested in attending...great place to worship for Easter

uscjeremynca 04-17-2014 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carolina Pride (Post 4137488)
He is giving his testimony at Shandon Baptist on Easter by video if anyone is interested in attending...great place to worship for Easter

Does he go there now? I went there for years starting in 1995. Was a big part of the college ministry there. It's a great church.

You see a kid like Dylan Thompson and contrast him with the QB that just got kicked off the team at Clemson. What a difference! No one can say character doesn't matter. Talent matters as well but when you got guys that work hard, like Shaw, Thompson, Lattimore, and others, it pays off by being a great example to guys with great talent.

SouthCarolinaFan17 04-17-2014 07:29 PM

What a great student athlete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sonofacock 04-18-2014 01:46 AM

humble

nin_usc_freak92 04-18-2014 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4137472)
He will be thrown under the bus here after his first off game. Never fails. :(

Well they don't give points in football for character. See NFL.

Not saying I don't agree with everyone else's sentiment here, but being a great guy and being a great football player are two different discussions.

Although I love the work ethic he's shown so far as the leader of this team and think he's going to surprise a lot of the naysayers. His accuracy is on point when he's on.

uscsandstorm85 04-19-2014 10:20 AM

It has been refreshing to have 2 quarterbacks with class.

rdwylie 04-19-2014 10:32 AM

Well, he is no Chad Kelly but.....

COCKDIESEL 04-19-2014 10:35 AM

That's awesome that he went out of his way for a fan.

Roosterboy 04-19-2014 11:08 AM

Can't agree more.
Thompson is a solid character and a great representative for the university.

Forget the discussion as a player right now...he needs to improve his consistency...but having a just a person on the team, a leader, Thompson has that on lock.