CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Carolina Eats (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   How to cut the mustard (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205932)

The Yancey 04-17-2014 06:06 PM

How to cut the mustard

Nice background music too.

weatheredxtown 04-17-2014 06:12 PM

Re: How to cut the mustard

That
Was
Beautiful

uscgmck 04-17-2014 06:24 PM

Great stuff but what happened to the eggs?

uscsabres 04-18-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscgmck (Post 4137486)
Great stuff but what happened to the eggs?

warriorchief 04-20-2014 01:27 AM

I spotted Wickles in the door next to the caddy. Those things are absolutely amazing

U-Dub Gamecock 04-20-2014 11:46 AM

Impressive...

ccured 04-20-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4139076)
I spotted Wickles in the door next to the caddy. Those things are absolutely amazing

wickles are great. ever had boars head horseradish sweet pickle chips? fantastic

warriorchief 04-20-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4139166)
wickles are great. ever had boars head horseradish sweet pickle chips? fantastic

I haven't, but I'll be on the lookout for them now. Where do you normally find them?

ccured 04-20-2014 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4139177)
I haven't, but I'll be on the lookout for them now. Where do you normally find them?

I work for the boars head distributor in Columbia so I get mine out of the warehouse. We stock them at about half of the publix here. That would be where to look up there some krogers if yall have them. They are pretty expensive so I reuse the brine once or twice (or at least I did before I worked for boars head) and just add sliced cukes. They are refrigerator pickles that must stay refrigerated all the time so there isn't a bacteria growth issue but it loses it effectiveness

Thenardier 04-20-2014 04:59 PM

That sounds good, I'll look for them tomorrow at Harris Teeter cured.

warriorchief 04-21-2014 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4139353)
I work for the boars head distributor in Columbia so I get mine out of the warehouse. We stock them at about half of the publix here. That would be where to look up there some krogers if yall have them. They are pretty expensive so I reuse the brine once or twice (or at least I did before I worked for boars head) and just add sliced cukes. They are refrigerator pickles that must stay refrigerated all the time so there isn't a bacteria growth issue but it loses it effectiveness

Just built a new Publix a few months ago just off campus, and there's a few others in the area too. I'll look into them for sure. Appreciate it man!

The Yancey 04-21-2014 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4139353)

I periodically do the Boar's Head secret shops. Getting paid to eat those sammichs rocks!

Thenardier 04-26-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccured (Post 4139166)

What are wickles?

Quote:

Originally Posted by warriorchief (Post 4139177)

They're back in the Prepacked meat department. Looked for them in the deli section but didn't see them, but found themin the backof the store.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4139365)
That sounds good, I'll look for them tomorrow at Harris Teeter cured.

Found them, and love them. Only problem is that the chips are huge, makes it a bit messy if you want to eat them on a hot dog.

You said you reuse the brine, what sweet pickles do you use?

rdwylie 04-26-2014 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Yancey (Post 4137468)
Nice background music too.

I just teared up a little...

warriorchief 04-27-2014 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4144219)
What are wickles?

basically a mash-up of "wicked pickles". it's a line of pickles, relish, etc that has a sweet, yet perfectly spicy, brine unlike a regular pickle.

http://www.wicklespickles.com/

I freakin' love the product line.

Thenardier 04-27-2014 11:46 PM

Niiiiice. Already used up the sweet pickles, gotta try the wickles.