CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   **USC vs. Auburn GAME #1 Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205944)

Cocklover 04-18-2014 08:16 AM

**USC vs. Auburn GAME #1 Thread**

I have a pretty good feeling that, YET AGAIN, this game won't get played because of weather. Rain is in the forecast all day and through most of the night.

South Carolina (28-9, 8-7 SEC) returns to SEC play this weekend with a three-game series at Auburn (21-17, 6-9 SEC). First pitch for the opener is 7 p.m. ET on Friday. Saturday's game will be televised on CBS Sports Network with a first pitch at 5 p.m. ET. Sunday's series finale is 2 p.m. ET on CSS. All three games can be heard on the Gamecock IMG Network including flagship station, 107.5 FM, "The Game."

South Carolina is ranked No. 6 by the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll, No. 9 by Perfect Game, No. 11 by Baseball America and No. 15 by Collegiate Baseball.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock Radio Network affiliates/Flagship WNKT FM 107.5 "The Game" in Columbia. Andy Demetra and Tommy Moody will call the action.

Television: Saturday - CBS Sports Network (Brad Johansen & Paul Byrd); Sunday - CSS (Matt Stewart & Joe Beckwith)

Internet: Additional coverage on Twitter @GamecockBasebll and Facebook/Gamecocksonline

South Carolina - Jordan Montgomery (Jr. LHP) 5-2, 3.48 ERA, 51.2 IP, 18 BB, 55 SO
Auburn - Dillon Ortman (Sr. RHP) 6-2, 2.02 ERA, 62.1 IP, 9 BB, 43 SO

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...041714aab.html

Here is the link to the video feed:

http://apps.ohlulz.com/ncaa/?f4m=htt...3/manifest.f4m

catdaddy66 04-18-2014 08:46 AM

Re: **USC vs. Auburn GAME #1 Thread**

Byron the bunny is on board the bus and will bring back a bushel of bragging rights!

Go cocks!!!

Coulwoodwarlord 04-18-2014 09:31 AM

NO reason not to expect good things this weekend ! Go Cocks !

Cocklover 04-18-2014 09:56 AM

Auburn Baseball ‏@AUTigerBaseball 36s
Officials are monitoring the weather and will review an updated forecast for tonight's game at noon today. (which is 1:00 our time)

USCBatgirl21 04-18-2014 10:29 AM

GO COCKS!!!
:swingcoc::cocky::swingcoc:

FilchCock 04-18-2014 11:48 AM

Ugh, we are underwater here in Auburn and it isn't letting up any time soon. I can't go to the game anyway since the one time I get a chance to see the Cocks in Auburn I have an out-of-town wedding.....not cool.

Gamecockman12 04-18-2014 12:32 PM

I'm so tired of all this freaking rain.

GabbieM 04-18-2014 12:42 PM

The field has no chance to be in enough shape to play today guys.

With our injuries and greiners thumb etc.. this makes our life really hard having a double header.

It'd be a miracle if this gets played today. :(

Now with that said, the rain is about to be here in Columbia.. I need to go save my seedlings I sat outside so they don't get washed out, lol.

Cocklover 04-18-2014 12:59 PM

I'm pretty sure the rain will be gone by tonight in Auburn, BUT, like you said the field will probably be in terrible condition. I'll update here within the hour on any news I hear out of Auburn, they are supposed to be announcing soon what the plans are.

GabbieM 04-18-2014 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4137932)
I'm pretty sure the rain will be gone by tonight in Auburn, BUT, like you said the field will probably be in terrible condition. I'll update here within the hour on any news I hear out of Auburn, they are supposed to be announcing soon what the plans are.

I have their twitter up. It looks like banding from hurricanes over that way currently. There is no way the field can work out.

I've been made a fool of before over this stuff though! I'm wondering what happens if we can't play tonight and tomorrow's game is supposed to be on CBS? Do we just play game 1 around 1 or 2.. then let CBS still show game #2 at 5PM our time?

Cocklover 04-18-2014 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GabbieM (Post 4137937)
I have their twitter up. It looks like banding from hurricanes over that way currently. There is no way the field can work out.

I've been made a fool of before over this stuff though! I'm wondering what happens if we can't play tonight and tomorrow's game is supposed to be on CBS? Do we just play game 1 around 1 or 2.. then let CBS still show game #2 at 5PM our time?

That's probably what they would do...start the first game at Noon or 1:00, then still have the second game at 5:00.

Cocklover 04-18-2014 01:25 PM

Just heard on 107.5 The Game that there is a big possibility that there will be a doubleheader tomorrow. The first game would be at Noon (I believe our time because they said 11:45 they would be on the radio).

Nothing is definite yet. I'll let you all know.

GabbieM 04-18-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4137950)
Just heard on 107.5 The Game that there is a big possibility that there will be a doubleheader tomorrow. The first game would be at Noon (I believe our time because they said 11:45 they would be on the radio).

Nothing is definite yet. I'll let you all know.

Well considering they have the "12PM" time already that makes sense. Another day of rest for those pitchers we used mid week isn't necessarily a bad thing I guess.

ucan'tlickourcocks 04-18-2014 02:00 PM

Man...... I need to get a life...... so looking forward to getting a look at Byron, and get back on the winning track!

Cocklover 04-18-2014 03:10 PM

RAINED OUT. Doubleheader beginning at Noon tomorrow (our time).

Cuck Flemson 04-18-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4137997)
RAINED OUT. Doubleheader beginning at Noon tomorrow (our time).

:sad:

Cuck Flemson 04-18-2014 03:38 PM

BTW Cocklover...Thank you for all you do with getting game threads up with links.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bow::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Cocklover 04-18-2014 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cuck Flemson (Post 4138008)
BTW Cocklover...Thank you for all you do with getting game threads up with links.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bow::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You are welcome!! I rely on others too for help whenever I may need it.

Take-a-Knee 04-18-2014 04:30 PM

Thanx from me too , Your game threads are easy to find and provide the most information with the least amount of clutter

GO GAMECOCKS !!!

Cocklover 04-18-2014 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Take-a-Knee (Post 4138039)
Thanx from me too , Your game threads are easy to find and provide the most information with the least amount of clutter

GO GAMECOCKS !!!

You are welcome and thank you for your kind comments.