CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Jimmy Buffet this weekend (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=205994)

Nassau Gamecock 04-21-2014 10:03 AM

Jimmy Buffet this weekend

Going to see Jimmy in W. Palm this weekend - any word on is current tour?

JerseyBird 04-21-2014 11:07 AM

Re: Jimmy Buffet this weekend

Nice - surprised he would play at such a harsh locale

Thenardier 04-21-2014 11:33 AM

Nice! *cough he went to Auburn, shameless plug *cough

spareparts 04-21-2014 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thenardier (Post 4139749)

Thanks for giving me yet another reason to hate him, I won't hold it against his fans because hey, different strokes and everything, but personally if I ever have to hear Margaritaville one more time in my life I will beat my face open with a brick, and what makes matters worse is the guy started covering "Brown Eyed Girl", which is perfect for his audience (again, no judgment), but for chrissakes do we really need another version of that shit? I mean seriously dude, Margaritaville AND Brown Eyed Girl? Played by the same dude? At the same concert?

It seems eerily appropriate that someone responsible for continuing to pollute the air with the two shittiest songs in music history went to that shithole of a college, you should be proud of him, as you apparently are.

It's a cycle of shittiness. A dude with a major trolling and insecurity complex who hangs around message board (not even a rival's message board, but just some random board) who, despite being banned multiple times, cannot stay away for the life of him, injecting his boring bullshit remarks about Auburn into every conversation, someone who has nothing at all intelligent or interesting to say, spends part of his trolling time bragging that one of the worst, crappiest singers of all time, who sucks hardcore cat balls and whose songs make people physically sick, someone who makes major bank regurgitating two of the most played-out songs in music history to a crowd drunk enough to pay $50 bucks to hear him sing those played-out songs, went to his college.

Seems about right

palmettosc 04-21-2014 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spareparts (Post 4139765)
but personally if I ever have to hear Margaritaville one more time in my life I will beat my face open with a brick,

Your move.

spareparts 04-21-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmettosc (Post 4139767)
Your move.

I knew it

Dude in all honesty, A1A is a kick ass album but.... who shows up at his concerts wanting to hear "Presents to Send You"? No one. They all go there to hear Margaritaville, go "wooooo", and go home**

You gotta respect the guy for laughing all the way to the bank I guess

**Edit: and get laid. Credit where credit is due

Nassau Gamecock 04-21-2014 12:50 PM

good responses! I saw him 30 years ago - I wonder if this will be any different or the same.

ccured 04-21-2014 04:15 PM

Seen him a few times. I much prefer listening to the good songs in a hammock on the coast vs the party songs and a over the top parrot heads

RoosterBooster 04-22-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

But he married a Carolina Girl.

The Yancey 04-22-2014 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nassau Gamecock (Post 4139807)
good responses! I saw him 30 years ago - I wonder if this will be any different or the same.

Well, he did have hair back then.

usc1 04-22-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

He went to USM

Cock Kool-Aid 04-22-2014 09:46 AM

Jimmy Buffet this weekend

According to Wikipedia, he went to Auburn his freshman year, then to a community college, then graduated from USM.