CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Sarge (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread** (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206016)

Cocklover 04-22-2014 08:16 AM

**USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Yet again, the weather may interfere with this game. A pretty good chance of rain during the evening time.



GAME IS TELEVISED ON FOX SPORTS SOUTH


South Carolina (30-10) begins a five-game homestand on Tuesday hosting Davidson (23-10) at Carolina Stadium. First pitch is 7 p.m. with the game televised on FOX Sports South and can be heard on the Gamecock IMG network including flagship station, 107.5 FM, "The Game."

South Carolina is ranked No. 8 by the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll and the NCBWA, No. 10 by Perfect Game, No. 11 by Baseball America and No. 19 by Collegiate Baseball.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network; Flagship 107.5 FM The Game. Derek Scott and Tommy Moody call the action.

Television: FOX Sports South will televise the game. Andy Demetra and Trey Dyson will call the action.

South Carolina - Reed Scott (Fr. RHP) 1-0, 1.17 ERA, 23.0 IP, 5 BB, 17 SO
Davidson - Nick Neitzel (Jr. RHP) 6-0, 2.58 ERA, 45.1 IP, 17 BB, 41 SO

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...042114aac.html

Rooster2007 04-22-2014 09:00 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Question about TV. Here in Charleston on my comcast guide it says NBA playoff game at 7pm. Does anyone know if our game will be shown instead?

tomtomusc 04-22-2014 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007
Question about TV. Here in Charleston on my comcast guide it says NBA playoff game at 7pm. Does anyone know if our game will be shown instead?

our game will be shown. nba game is on tnt


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

JerseyBird 04-22-2014 09:22 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Git Dat Wildcat!

tomtomusc 04-22-2014 09:23 AM

my direct tv guide listed nba yesterday. now shows the game today


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Rooster2007 04-22-2014 09:43 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by tomtomusc (Post 4140330)
my direct tv guide listed nba yesterday. now shows the game today


Posted from Cockytalk.com App for Android

Actually, my bad. On second look, Fox sports south shows the braves game on at 7pm. Fox sports net shows NBA playoffs.

Eutaw Kid 04-22-2014 10:06 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Dishnetwork has it on an alternate channel 443.

Luke Skycocker 04-22-2014 10:07 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Looks like Davidson is throwing their ace

Cocklover 04-22-2014 10:20 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Yeah, they didn't play a game over the weekend because of weather so they are throwing their best guy out there that didn't pitch over the weekend.

USCBatgirl21 04-22-2014 10:22 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
LET'S GO COCKS!!!
:swingcoc::cocky::swingcoc:

PLAY2WIN 04-22-2014 10:46 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
alternate channel for Time Warner Cable in columbia for tonights game?

Cocklover 04-22-2014 10:56 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PLAY2WIN (Post 4140376)
alternate channel for Time Warner Cable in columbia for tonights game?

it's channel 31 or 318.

catdaddy66 04-22-2014 11:02 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Come on Gamecocks! Let's quit effing around and beat their best tonight! Break out the big bats and get Reed Scott some much needed run support!

It's gonna be a Byron beatdown!!! Woooooooooopooo!!!

PLAY2WIN 04-22-2014 11:40 AM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4140383)
it's channel 31 or 318.


Thanks, just didnt see the game listed.

Cocklover 04-22-2014 12:42 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PLAY2WIN (Post 4140418)
Thanks, just didnt see the game listed.

You're gonna find that is the case every game that is on that channel...It's decided later so they still show on the guide what they originally was going to air.

GabbieM 04-22-2014 01:19 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Looks like weather models are wanting to have the activity cross the Midlands right around game time.

The biggest problem I can see out of this.. is instead of just rain.. there is a chance for actual lightening and thunder. The severe risk is low.. but we all know how safe the guys are when it comes to lightening. I can possibly see the game start delayed until around 8 or a bit after if the models timing is correct... I don't currently see anything to totally kill the game... but it's a weather model. It's almost impossible to predict this stuff... especially when thunder storms could pop up and weaken/get stronger than indicated.

Over the years of studying weather around these parts, if it's generally called to be a big deal... then it doesnt happen. If the chance is low for storms.. it usually happens. Haha.

USCBatgirl21 04-22-2014 01:27 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
The problem with lightening is that every time there is a strike within a certain area of the stadium the 30 minute clock starts over again.

JDStud6 04-22-2014 01:41 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rooster2007 (Post 4140347)
Actually, my bad. On second look, Fox sports south shows the braves game on at 7pm. Fox sports net shows NBA playoffs.

What channel if fox sports south?

JD

Cocklover 04-22-2014 01:44 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JDStud6 (Post 4140499)
What channel if fox sports south?

JD

It is definitely Fox Sports South and on Time Warner Cable I listed the channels in the above post...channel 31 or 318.

kathym 04-22-2014 01:52 PM

Re: **USC vs. Davidson GAME Thread**
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocklover (Post 4140305)
Yet again, the weather may interfere with this game. A pretty good chance of rain during the evening time.



GAME IS TELEVISED ON FOX SPORTS SOUTH


South Carolina (30-10) begins a five-game homestand on Tuesday hosting Davidson (23-10) at Carolina Stadium. First pitch is 7 p.m. with the game televised on FOX Sports South and can be heard on the Gamecock IMG network including flagship station, 107.5 FM, "The Game."

South Carolina is ranked No. 8 by the ESPN/USA Today coaches' poll and the NCBWA, No. 10 by Perfect Game, No. 11 by Baseball America and No. 19 by Collegiate Baseball.

LIVE COVERAGE
Radio: Gamecock IMG Radio Network; Flagship 107.5 FM The Game. Derek Scott and Tommy Moody call the action.

Television: FOX Sports South will televise the game. Andy Demetra and Trey Dyson will call the action.

South Carolina - Reed Scott (Fr. RHP) 1-0, 1.17 ERA, 23.0 IP, 5 BB, 17 SO
Davidson - Nick Neitzel (Jr. RHP) 6-0, 2.58 ERA, 45.1 IP, 17 BB, 41 SO

http://www.gamecocksonline.com/sport...042114aac.html

I had set my DVR to record tonight's game on TWC channel 31. They now have a
NBA playoff game listed so after getting no help from TWC, I checked the Fox Sports
web site and they also have the NBA playoff game listed on 31 and the Braves on
channel 21. I could find no phone number to Fox Sports South. I saw the comment from the poster who has Direct TV and they now have our game listed but had the NBA game listed earlier.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.