CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Official SEC Network and TV Provider discussion thread (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206019)

HUGEGARNETCOCK 04-22-2014 11:30 AM

Official SEC Network and TV Provider discussion thread

http://www.getsecnetwork.com/Default...=southcarolina

I know this was posted before but I didn't find it with my search. Mods if you want to link it together please do so. Really hope Directv picks up the tab so it has the SEC Network by football season or I am switching providers. Follow the link and Demand the SEC Network!!

to see a list of the providers who have signed up to carry this (thanks darrena)

Quote:

If you go to this link:

http://www.getsecnetwork.com/#Faq

Click the question How can I get the SEC Network in time for the August 2014 launch? you will see a full list:

uscsandstorm85 04-22-2014 12:30 PM

Re: Get the SEC Network for your TV provider!!!

This thread should be stickied.

HUGEGARNETCOCK 04-22-2014 02:57 PM

Agreed!

Jethro Beaver 04-22-2014 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK (Post 4140413)

I know this was posted before but I didn't find it with my search. Mods if you want to link it together please do so. Really hope Directv picks up the tab so it has the SEC Network by football season or I am switching providers. Follow the link and Demand the SEC Network!!

Done and shared and tweeted!!

HUGEGARNETCOCK 04-23-2014 09:30 AM

Bump. Does no one have DirecTv or is it that none of you who do want the SEC Network?

SR4-AJ1 04-23-2014 11:51 AM

I have twc and am in the same situation. They really need to pick this up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gamecocks1137 05-04-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK (Post 4141282)
Bump. Does no one have DirecTv or is it that none of you who do want the SEC Network?

I have it, and I keep requesting they get it. Not much else we can do really. Also heard Direct TV is going to be bought by another provider.

Senior Rooster 05-09-2014 10:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUGEGARNETCOCK (Post 4140413)

I too will change providers if necessary.

cbx79 05-12-2014 08:24 AM

Direct kept giving me the same runaround so I dumped them for Uverse.

cockybusiness2 05-12-2014 09:26 AM

If direct does not get it together, I too will change

Nassau Gamecock 05-16-2014 11:44 AM

I contacted my cable provider; they would like to be contacted by the SEC network - asked me if I had any affiliation.
Does anybody know - I'm just starting to search now- a programing manager or some such title and I'll try to hook them up.

highpockets12 05-16-2014 12:33 PM

AT&T Universe has made bid to buy out Direct.They already have deal w/sec tv. Hope deal goes thru quickly or at least be4 season starts. contract default is expensive plus you are responsiable 4 cost of returning equipment..

Xnex 06-02-2014 02:07 PM

Got Charter Communications here in the upstate and I swear I will drop them like a bad habit if they don't get on the ball and pick up the SEC network. This is one thing I will be very serious about.

CockyLifer 06-02-2014 02:22 PM

Well I read At&t now owns Directtv. I have Dish Network and they know where their bread is buttered and that is in the South. They were the first network to make sure that the new network would be included. Now I don't trust the corporations and they will fee the cost out of me somewhere I already know just a smart business decision by them to at least look like they cared. lol

USCCO2009 06-02-2014 04:44 PM

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago on this and I emailed Directv and got this response:

"Subject
SEC Network
Administrator
We strongly believe every SEC fan should have access to the SEC Network on DIRECTV and customers can rest assured that is our goal as we continue our discussions with the owners of the channel. Contract talks happen on a different timetable with each TV provider, so unlike our competitor, we have really just begun our discussions and hope to have an update on status as we move closer to the network's launch in August.

For more information please visit directvpromise.com."

It sounds pretty promising they will reach a deal in time for footbally season.

ELCID14 06-02-2014 05:16 PM

TWC seems to be the biggest hold out, does anyone have info on the status of negotiation between them and ESPN ?

uscgamecocks88 06-02-2014 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELCID14 (Post 4174508)
TWC seems to be the biggest hold out, does anyone have info on the status of negotiation between them and ESPN ?

I will be very surprised if they do not get it. They have a large presence in North and South Carolina. Pretty sure they are based in charlotte (Time Warner Cable Arena). Interestingly enough, SECN studios will be in charlotte...

Gamecocks1137 06-02-2014 08:50 PM

Still no word on Direct TV picking up the SEC Network or ESPN3 online. Which is strange considering it was bought out by AT&T and AT&T have both of these.

uscfsu23 06-02-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4174661)
Still no word on Direct TV picking up the SEC Network or ESPN3 online. Which is strange considering it was bought out by AT&T and AT&T have both of these.

I imagine this is because the deal with AT&T will take at least a year to complete... maybe longer than that.

Gamecocks1137 06-02-2014 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uscfsu23 (Post 4174678)
I imagine this is because the deal with AT&T will take at least a year to complete... maybe longer than that.

Well I sure hope at least the SEC Network is picked up, or I am looking else where.