CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Water Cooler (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Florida Georgia Line & Nelly (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206027)

carolina2010 04-22-2014 05:20 PM

Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Saw they are doing a summer baseball stadium tour and coming to Charleston and Augusta. I bought tickets to the Augusta show since it's on a Friday night. Has anybody been to a baseball game at that stadium and how does it compare to Joe Riley or Capital City stadium. It's an odd grouping but for $40 I think it will be an enjoyable concert.

Cockypantherfan 04-22-2014 11:15 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Nelly has fallen far...

robgusc76 04-22-2014 11:38 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
As long as they dont advertise themselves as country music. Enjoy the pop.

4gamecockfb 04-23-2014 01:31 AM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cockypantherfan (Post 4141146)
Nelly has fallen far...

Lol

MisterClowney 04-23-2014 01:34 AM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
I think the Florida Georgia Line/Nelly tour would be better if it was the Florida Georgia Line without Nelly tour.

But that does sound cool. Please post your thoughts on it afterwords!!!

GamecockNeal 04-23-2014 01:43 AM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Save the 40 bucks...Better yet, buy a couple of think T-Bones, some good beer and grill out on a nice day.

warriorchief 04-23-2014 01:58 AM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Go see Eric Church in Atlanta in December, or in Greensboro a month or two earlier. Better use of ticket money.

GoCocks03 04-23-2014 12:14 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Lake Olmstead Stadium is it's name, home to the Augusta Greenjackets. The stadium has nothing unique about it to set it apart from other minor league ballparks in the southeast. It was built in 1995 with a capacity of about 4,000-5,000. They have done some minor renovations over the years but plans for a new stadium across the river in nicer North Augusta, SC are currently in the works.

M.C. 04-23-2014 12:36 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
florida georgia line is not country I dont care what anyone says

GamecockUltimate 04-23-2014 12:50 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4141417)
florida georgia line is not country I dont care what anyone says

And who in country today is? If you say eric church youre close but even he would be light country(popish) for 10-15 years ago

warriorchief 04-23-2014 12:56 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4141422)
And who in country today is? If you say eric church youre close but even he would be light country(popish) for 10-15 years ago

Jamey Johnson

robgusc76 04-23-2014 12:59 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C. (Post 4141417)
florida georgia line is not country I dont care what anyone says

Agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4141422)
And who in country today is? If you say eric church youre close but even he would be light country(popish) for 10-15 years ago

Eric Church is not even close to pop. If you were going to assign him a different genre it would be southern rock in sorts. IN fact, he'd punch you in the chode if you said that to him in person.

Eric Church is one of the few guys left who actually write their own music, and put thought into the lyrics. He's not a cookie cutter artist like these guys who write about the same thing, sitting on a tailgate at midnight by a creek with a girl in cutoffs.

Cock Kool-Aid 04-23-2014 01:00 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Eric Church sucks and is not "old country" or "underground" or whatever the hell Eric Church fans try and say... Jamie Johnson is a true old school country artist. I like this new female singer Ashley Monroe's style as well- much more real country. Personally, I think Amos Lee, although does not present himself fashion-wise as a country star at all and doesn't have a drawl, is more country than 99% of mainstream "country" artists including Eric Church.

GamecockUltimate 04-23-2014 01:03 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4141428)
Agreed



Eric Church is not even close to pop. If you were going to assign him a different genre it would be southern rock in sorts. IN fact, he'd punch you in the chode if you said that to him in person.

Eric Church is one of the few guys left who actually write their own music, and put thought into the lyrics. He's not a cookie cutter artist like these guys who write about the same thing, sitting on a tailgate at midnight by a creek with a girl in cutoffs.

I knew youd disagree because you are a pretty big fan,thats fine i understand. I will agree you are probably right he would probably be more southern rock, but i disagree he is really country music. Warrior is right there are country artists out there, they are not known and that is the industrys fault, the one group id say still has elements and feel of country/bluegrass is the eli young band, they impress me. There lesser known stuff is pretty good.

GamecockUltimate 04-23-2014 01:05 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4141430)
Eric Church sucks and is not "old country" or "underground" or whatever the hell Eric Church fans try and say... Jamie Johnson is a true old school country artist. I like this new female singer Ashley Monroe's style as well- much more real country. Personally, I think Amos Lee, although does not present himself fashion-wise as a country star at all and doesn't have a drawl, is more country than 99% of mainstream "country" artists including Eric Church.

I agree, he tries to think he is by talking big/ selling himself as "outlaw" but i am not a fan, i think he comes off as fake

palmettosc 04-23-2014 01:18 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4141437)
I agree, he tries to think he is by talking big/ selling himself as "outlaw" but i am not a fan, i think he comes off as fake

I'd like to third this.

RGHoskins 04-23-2014 01:32 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
They couldn't pay me 40 dollars to see Florida Georgia line or Nelly. That show sounds terrible.

robgusc76 04-23-2014 01:37 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cock Kool-Aid (Post 4141430)
Eric Church sucks and is not "old country" or "underground" or whatever the hell Eric Church fans try and say... Jamie Johnson is a true old school country artist. I like this new female singer Ashley Monroe's style as well- much more real country. Personally, I think Amos Lee, although does not present himself fashion-wise as a country star at all and doesn't have a drawl, is more country than 99% of mainstream "country" artists including Eric Church.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4141435)
I knew youd disagree because you are a pretty big fan,thats fine i understand. I will agree you are probably right he would probably be more southern rock, but i disagree he is really country music. Warrior is right there are country artists out there, they are not known and that is the industrys fault, the one group id say still has elements and feel of country/bluegrass is the eli young band, they impress me. There lesser known stuff is pretty good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GamecockUltimate (Post 4141437)
I agree, he tries to think he is by talking big/ selling himself as "outlaw" but i am not a fan, i think he comes off as fake

Quote:

Originally Posted by palmettosc (Post 4141453)
I'd like to third this.


Whatever your opinion be of Eric Church, he is still WAY better than Florida Georgia line.

Gamecockman12 04-23-2014 01:42 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Florida Georgia Line definitely isn't country music but they are a blast to see in concert.

palmettosc 04-23-2014 02:05 PM

Re: Florida Georgia Line & Nelly
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by robgusc76 (Post 4141478)
Whatever your opinion be of Eric Church, he is still WAY better than Florida Georgia line.

Eh, they're both pop country.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:07 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.