CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   Fowl Shots (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   Cunningham wants to hear from Gamecock fans... (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206054)

snoopcockycock 04-23-2014 02:50 PM

Cunningham wants to hear from Gamecock fans...

Josh Cunningham's twitter is:
@JoshMCunningham

let's show him how much usc fans want him hear. send him a tweet, and let him know how much we support our team, and frank martin. come on guys, show him the gamecocks are a different kind of program, where we are all one big family. the gamecocks, the sec, the sec network, the weather, the city of columbia, a very young and competitive team, a great coaching staff, etc...

there are plenty of reasons for him to choose south carolina. let's help remind him.

SCohioBoy 04-23-2014 02:56 PM

Re: Cunningham wants to hear from Gamecock fans...

thin line to walk here

MikeTrainNC8 04-23-2014 03:15 PM

uhh no please.

B-G 04-23-2014 03:24 PM

That's creepy

weatheredxtown 04-23-2014 03:37 PM

I feel like that's breaking some sort of rule

FlorenceCock 04-23-2014 03:48 PM

I personally don't want an attention hog on our team.

ReadR00ster 04-23-2014 03:50 PM

Leave the recruiting up to the coaches.

thumpin big 04-23-2014 03:57 PM

No. I don't think he is coming to USC. We were supposed to be his last visit, and he has since visited two other schools. I would not be surprised if he visits even more. Either he cannot decide what he wants, or he knows what he wants, but nobody has offered it to him yet.

yazoo 04-23-2014 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snoopcockycock (Post 4141574)
Josh Cunningham's twitter is:
@JoshMCunningham

let's show him how much usc fans want him hear. send him a tweet, and let him know how much we support our team, and frank martin. come on guys, show him the gamecocks are a different kind of program, where we are all one big family. the gamecocks, the sec, the sec network, the weather, the city of columbia, a very young and competitive team, a great coaching staff, etc...

there are plenty of reasons for him to choose south carolina. let's help remind him.

The coaching staff has asked us not to do this.

Braveguy06 04-23-2014 04:48 PM

lol some of you are so uptight. BAW has stated multiple times the love he received from social media meant tons to him.

yazoo 04-23-2014 05:08 PM

Lol. We're uptight because we respect the coaches and school's request we refrain from interacting with recruits on social media?

b381l 04-23-2014 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braveguy06 (Post 4141702)
lol some of you are so uptight. BAW has stated multiple times the love he received from social media meant tons to him.

Yep. The NCAA can't control social media.

CockyInGA 04-23-2014 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braveguy06 (Post 4141702)

Big difference...BAW was a commitment from day one, not an attention whore.

If he commits, great...but do it because it's where your heart is, not because you got the most response on Twitter from that school's fanbase.

Cockhornleghorn 04-23-2014 07:16 PM

I don't think it's wise for fans to interfere with the recruiting process.

ElectricCock 04-23-2014 08:35 PM

I don't want a player like that

markymark550 04-23-2014 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElectricCock (Post 4141943)
I don't want a player like that

I don't either. Kid seems like he needs his ego stroked, but I don't see that happening with Coach Martin.

JDuro 04-23-2014 11:13 PM

Damn where are all these insults of him coming from? First of all I just checked his timeline and I saw nowhere where he asked people to tweet him and talk him up. And criticizing or insulting because he is taking extra vists and doing his due diligence is just stupid. In short I see no evidence yet this kid is a prima donna or attention whore. I got sick of reading that kinda crap last week leveled at A'ja Wilson by UConn and UT's idiot fans.

We need a talent upgrade of his caliber. I'll take him if USC can get him!

johnnyb 04-23-2014 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b381l (Post 4141807)
Yep. The NCAA can't control social media.

Closing the thread with this from the USC compliance dept (check the sticky thread in the proving grounds)

Quote:

NCAA rules and regulations are complex to say the least, but one completely straightforward area is fan communication with recruits. If any fans, boosters, alumni (or any other supporters) of USC athletics have any contact (e.g., in-person, instant message, text message, My Space, Facebook, e-mail, at a USC contest, etc.) whatsoever with a recruit there could be serious consequences, including the prospect possibly becoming ineligible at USC. Further, it is impermissible for the University of South Carolina to publicize the visit of a prospective student-athlete, this includes but is not limited to, signs encouraging the prospect to attend USC and chanting the name of the recruit.

The best thing a fan can do is continue to support the Gamecocks by attending games and making the USC atmosphere an exciting place to be. Also, fans may notify coaches of prospects that may help the program provided they are not instructed to do so by a USC coach.

If you have any questions concerning NCAA, SEC, or USC rules please donít hesitate to contact the Athletics
Compliance Office and remember, Got Questions, Ask Compliance!

Phone:803.777.1519
Email: athleticscompliance@sc.edu