CockyTalk

CockyTalk (http://www.cockytalk.com/index.php)
-   The Cock Pit (http://www.cockytalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Spurrier would take Clowney No. 1 (http://www.cockytalk.com/showthread.php?t=206084)

BeatBamaTwice 04-24-2014 05:00 PM

Spurrier would take Clowney No. 1

Spurrier would take Clowney No. 1

Quote:

If he were in charge of making the No. 1 selection in the NFL Draft, USC coach Steve Spurrier says he'd take Gamecocks defensive end Jadeveon Clowney.

"You have to," Spurrier said on the Dan Patrick radio show on Thursday. "If a quarterback like Andrew Luck was out there, you'd like to have him. But the quarterbacks this year, everybody has their favorites, but who knows who is going to be the best."

BeatBamaTwice 04-24-2014 05:20 PM

Re: Spurrier would take Clowney No. 1

South Carolina's Steve Spurrier Doesn’t Understand Why Tennessee Likes Playing Alabama, Volunteers Have Lost 7-Straight Contests

http://collegespun.com/sec/tennessee...aight-contests

Gamecocks1137 04-24-2014 06:36 PM

I am so glad he coaches for us.

BlueHerons 04-24-2014 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gamecocks1137 (Post 4142857)
I am so glad he coaches for us.

You and me both! Love HBC!

roosterdude21 04-24-2014 07:52 PM

I would take Spurrier No.1 overall.

uscsandstorm85 04-26-2014 02:35 AM

Clowney at No. 1 with Connor at No. 2.

Carolina4Life 04-26-2014 08:55 AM

HBC

roosterdude21 04-28-2014 07:12 PM

Plot twist. Rumor is that the Falcons plan to make a move to get the #1 pick and take him.

Arm Chair QB 04-28-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roosterdude21 (Post 4145373)
Plot twist. Rumor is that the Falcons plan to make a move to get the #1 pick and take him.

Most likely not, they'd have to give up to much. But we'll see.

MisterClowney 04-28-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arm Chair QB (Post 4145382)
WILL NOT HAPPEN, they'd have to give up to much

Ya there was a good discussion on 107.5 about that possibility today. Falcons really need to improve their OL. They would probably have to trade their first, second, and maybe a 4th round pick for the first overall slot. That's giving up a lot for something that's not your number one need.

Atleast that's what was discussed. A true Falcons fan may have a different take, and I'd like to hear it.

Kickerspl80 04-28-2014 07:55 PM

Is it just me or does it always seem there's some sort of inside joke on once when he gets on dans show? I get they think his personality is fun and humorous but they seem like they are snickering every point obc makes.

CockinAthens 04-28-2014 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisterClowney (Post 4145384)
Ya there was a good discussion on 107.5 about that possibility today. Falcons really need to improve their OL. They would probably have to trade their first, second, and maybe a 4th round pick for the first overall slot. That's giving up a lot for something that's not your number one need.

Atleast that's what was discussed. A true Falcons fan may have a different take, and I'd like to hear it.

Listening to ATL sports talk on the way home today and they had a guy that follows the Texans on and he thinks Houston is leaning towards Johnny Football. They went on to hint that ATL may be likely to trade with STL for the #2 spot and take Clowney.

roosterdude21 04-28-2014 08:17 PM

I wonder why the Falcons would ask him to do a workout for them if they weren't serious. Also, if Clowney didn't think they were serious he wouldn't have gone against his prior comments and done the workout. The Falcons pulled a similar scenario a few years back in order to get Julio Jones. But honestly, the Texans have been shopping this for a while and the Falcons aren't scared to do it.

ReadR00ster 04-28-2014 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatBamaTwice (Post 4142809)
South Carolina's Steve Spurrier Doesn’t Understand Why Tennessee Likes Playing Alabama, Volunteers Have Lost 7-Straight Contests

http://collegespun.com/sec/tennessee...aight-contests

I don't think reality has quite set in yet for the Vol fans.

Taylorspur 04-28-2014 10:01 PM

Clowney didn't work out for the Falcons. He was there for some kind of quick aptitude interview. The arguments are still you have to get the best player and Clowney is that guy. Sorry, Johnny football is hit or miss. One hit by a LB and it could be over for him.

roosterdude21 04-28-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylorspur (Post 4145459)
Clowney didn't work out for the Falcons. He was there for some kind of quick aptitude interview. The arguments are still you have to get the best player and Clowney is that guy. Sorry, Johnny football is hit or miss. One hit by a LB and it could be over for him.

Scott Hood needs to retract this then

"The Falcons worked out Clowney last week and appear to be targeting him as the best way to improve a woeful pass rush that was a major reason for the team's decline in 2013."

- See more at: https://southcarolina.rivals.com/con....QRb1lIRL.dpuf

Taylorspur 04-29-2014 12:07 AM

Maybe this was the first requested work out. I read in one of the articles, can't remember which one, they wanted him back to take a more or less interview, not a physical work out. After the Clemson player got hurt, his agent said there would be no more work outs for Clowney.